Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[General Discussion] GodDAMN I want to play that right now!

Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2010, 02:33 PM 2 #26 of 37
YouTube Video

ITS TIME FOR REVENGE. LETS ATTACK AGGRESSIVELY.

YouTube Video

Before Lucasarts started just tracking in music from their movie properties, they use to have some really great MIDI music for their games.

YouTube Video

Deni already mentioned FFT - but he picked the incorrect track. Here, I link to the best damned random battle music ever made.

YouTube Video

I played the PSX Armored Core games day and night, once or twice ditching school to sit in front of the TV to fiddle with my AC's stats. (I still have the one I made for Project Phantasma on a memory card. I miss those days.)

YouTube Video

And yes, it had to be mentioned...

Most amazing jew boots
The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2010, 08:06 PM #27 of 37
YouTube Video

Deni already mentioned FFT - but he picked the incorrect track. Here, I link to the best damned random battle music ever made.
Truer words have never been spoken. I remember playing FFT once in front of a friend who rarely ever played video games, and the music, that track in particular, completely blew him away. It was impossible to be irritated by random battles whenever that song popped up.

Most amazing jew boots
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old May 10, 2010, 03:00 PM Local time: May 10, 2010, 01:00 PM #28 of 37
So many, but this one stands out right now.

YouTube Video
Error; are you sure that's a YouTube link?

When I've heard this over the last few weeks, I've wanted to fire up the SNES.
So tempted to download an emulator and the ROM for this so I don't even have to wait until I get home to play this.

How ya doing, buddy?
Xellos
Loyal Einherjar

Member 2068

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old May 13, 2010, 01:51 PM #29 of 37
YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

I only noticed it now, but does anyone know why it wont show a proper youtube video preview for me? it works in firefox, but in IE it just shows the link with the message: Get the Flash Player to play this youtube video file.

Works fine on other sites. =(

I was speaking idiomatically.

Soldier: Prepare yourself, rebel scum!!

Arngrim : (These slipshod soldiers think they can call me "rebel scum"?)
slessman
phone on a rock

Member 35117

Level 6.05

Jan 2010

Old May 13, 2010, 03:19 PM #30 of 37
Well, I actually just started Final Fantasy 7 over from the beginning. I was listening to the soundtrack to the game that I managed to find on Amazon and got really excited about playing it. I mean, even the opening theme is good. But I get really excited about Sephiroth's theme and Aeris' theme as well.

Most amazing jew boots
aerisangel
Carob Nut

Member 26245

Level 6.27

Nov 2007

Old May 14, 2010, 11:11 PM Local time: May 14, 2010, 09:11 PM #31 of 37
Hearing this track always makes me pause. The flute opening gives me chills.
YouTube Video
Have you heard the version done by one up studios? Its beautiful and it always makes me stop to listen to it

YouTube Video

Other than that, for somereason Earthbound music makes me wanna play it. I go home, plug it in, get to the ant boss then quit everytime. lol

YouTube Video

One other that i always seem to get stuck in my head, no wonder ive played it 7 times all the way through (and you wonder why im so biast agianst the new one?)

YouTube Video

FELIPE NO

Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old May 14, 2010, 11:47 PM #32 of 37
YouTube Video

You can thank the music in this video for your computer having a soundcard. Before Wing Commander, there was no General MIDI process and soundcards were for people who had nothing to do with their money aside from buying the most pointless add-ons to their PCs, like the vocader that made your computer speak in the movie Wargames.

Team Fat changed that with their music to WC. Suddenly, your PC games NEEDED sound. And the MIDI samples still sound great today, atesting to the hard effort they put into the job.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Helloween
aguywholikestovideogames

Member 607

Level 33.17

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2010, 12:46 AM Local time: May 14, 2010, 11:46 PM #33 of 37
Oh jeeze this thread is not healthy for me right now. That Myst track gave me the shivers. And damn, i'm playing Mario RPG right now and i still wanna restart just so i can play the forest again.

Me and the other Castlevania 64 fan find this one particularly effective.
YouTube Video

This song is in the background of my mind every time i walk down an empty hallway.
YouTube Video

Jam it back in, in the dark.
bag0k
Custom title that relates to avatar

Member 6976

Level 8.78

May 2006

Old May 18, 2010, 10:28 PM #34 of 37
*cough* Oh hey. What's up. I'm gonna post some too.

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Mo0sis > Mo0

Last edited by RacinReaver; May 19, 2010 at 01:18 PM. Reason: Fixed video links.
Inhert
The body may heal, the mind is not always so resilient.

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old May 19, 2010, 10:56 PM 1 #35 of 37
Whenever I hear this song I have an urge to play silent hill 2 or any one of the three first silent hill games.

YouTube Video

One of the best boss battles theme ever:

YouTube Video

Or this music from same game:

YouTube Video

And yes I'm one of those who really like FFVIII. Fragment of memories is the kind of music that when I hit that moment in the game, I wander in that town and really take my time to finish this part, just because this song is playing in a loop.

YouTube Video

My favorite "Tales of" games. First time I played and finish the game, I was playing co-op with a friend and I was using Farah. I really like this character and her theme song is pretty great.

YouTube Video

Dearly Beloved, so beautiful, I could burst into tears right now, especially the KH2 version ; ;

YouTube Video

On another note, I still haven't played Nier and despite the reviews, this game really interest me and even more since his soundtrack is one of the best I have heard lately!

YouTube Video

This one make me want to play both ICO and Shadow of the Colossus back to back. XD

YouTube Video

And finally my best video game of all time, Valkyrie Profile. Damn this game really goes and touches a sensible string in me every time I play.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old May 19, 2010, 11:17 PM #36 of 37
Originally Posted by Inhert
On another note, I still haven't played Nier and despite the reviews, this game really interest me and even more since his soundtrack is one of the best I have heard lately!
That song is the boss battle version of a song being sung in the main town that's already very nice. It makes the enormous mid-boss of the game so much more epic. Don't pay attention to the reviews for Nier, as most of them only whine about optional things and the graphics. The game has glaring flaws, but I've been really enjoying it. But yeah, the soundtrack is amazing regardless of whether or not you play the game.

You've also reminded me that I need to track down a torrent for Ico's soundtrack. I've been meaning to do that ever since hearing "You Were There" in one of the GFF song competitions.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [General Discussion] GodDAMN I want to play that right now!