Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[:plant:] Smash Bros. DLC Speculation - I'm a salty asshole. Want to fight about it?

SuperSonic
True_Blue

Member 163

Level 40.01

Mar 2006

Old Nov 4, 2018, 12:31 PM #1 of 7
1. Squeenix character
2. Sega character
3. Rare character
4. Nintendo character
5. Tecmo character

Best case

1. Squeenix: Geno - People have wanted him in for a long time, even Sakurai wants him in. I want to say that it's a safe bet, but after seeing he didn't make the main roster this time anything goes (btw, Piranha Plant is hilarious to see). We haven't seen the costume for him yet for the Mii Gunner, but as soon as someone unlocks it then this might start not looking good. However, maybe the additional money towards DLC could help finally bring him in.

As far as the stage, Forest Maze would probably fit best but there are other stages like Rose Town, Star Hill, and Factory which would fit just as well.

If not Geno, maybe Crono, Sephiroth, Squall, or Sora...though Sora is gonna have to go through Disney. If Sora does make it, Hollow Bastion needs to be the stage.

2. Sega: Tails or Dr. Robotnik/Eggman - Capcom and Konami now both have 3 playable representatives while Sega only has 2. Tails would be a great fit since he already has an Up+B where he flies and then tires out after a bit. Instead of the spin dash, he could use his attack from Sonic Adventure where he twirls around with his tails causing damage. The stage might be a little tough to figure out though, but how about pulling Poloy Forest from Tails Adventures?

Dr. Robotnik would be an interesting charcter to figure out. First off, do you have him on his feet or flying around in his egg hovercraft much like Bowser Jr? His special attacks could be different weapons his hovercraft has used throughout the franchise like the ball and chain from the first game or the drill from Sonic 2. The stage would have to be Death Egg. I thought about Metal Sonic, but he would be more of an echo character than a new one.

Now as for a non-Sonic character for Sega? Nights or Super Monkey Ball are the first that come to mind. Having not played much of either franchise I can't figure out a moveset off the bat, but they have some pretty colorful worlds to implement for a stage.

3. Rare: I'd prefer Conker or Wizpig, and while you couldn't go wrong with either of those Banjo-Kazooie seems the likeliest choice. I really don't have a lot to say about this one as I think people would just be happy to see the combo in the game period. Much like Mario RPG, there are several stages to choose from here and plenty of music as well.

4. Nintendo: I'd like to think Nintendo would make another random addition to the roster such as Excitebike, but there's not enough music to work with to support it. The safe bet here would be another Zelda character, but the one I'm going to bank on is Vaati from Minish Cap. He could have some interesting movesets and it would give Minish Cap some much needed love with the music and remixes (which you could also pull from Four Swords Adventures). For the stage, you've got a few to choose from but I'll go with either Minish Village or Palace of Winds.

5. Tecmo: Ryu Hayabusa. The original Ninja Gaiden Trilogy was on the NES (and SNES) and the 3rd game of the reboot trilogy made it to WiiU. It's a classic character from a classic series which would fit rather nicely with this roster. I wouldn't use his moveset from the Dead or Alive series, but bring out his Ninpo arts from the games ala Mega Man. The stage to use...that's a tough one to call, but I'd say pull the final boss stage from the 1st game with the two demon statues sitting in the background creating some hazards (while it's turned ON).

Worst case scenario:

1. Another freaking Fire Emblem character. We have enough characters and stages from that series.

2. No Geno, instead it's a basic Fighter or Black Mage from the first Final Fantasy.

3. Skull Kid with Majora's Mask. I don't want to be his friend, I don't want him to be in this game.

4. Anymore basic enemy characters like Goombas, Moblins, or Space Pirates.

5. Goku.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
SuperSonic
True_Blue

Member 163

Level 40.01

Mar 2006

Old Jun 16, 2019, 03:42 PM #2 of 7
Actually the Tails Gunner costume returned with this first wave of Mii costumes. Also, the Dragon Quest Hero being in the game opens up a LOT of music options which I'm hoping they take advantage of for Smash...still rather hilarious they could only get 2 FF7 songs for Cloud. There were a few other tracks which would have worked as battle music on that stage such as J-E-N-O-V-A.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [:plant:] Smash Bros. DLC Speculation - I'm a salty asshole. Want to fight about it?