Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

What is it about politics that makes people go insane?

devilmaycry
Chocobo

Member 4461

Level 13.07

Apr 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 06:21 PM Local time: May 11, 2006, 11:21 PM #26 of 31
Originally Posted by PUG1911
And it's often political.
Nah, I mean... sometimes, but not often.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Lord Styphon
Malevolently Mercurial

Member 3

Level 50.41

Feb 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 06:26 PM Local time: May 11, 2006, 06:26 PM #27 of 31
Originally Posted by devilmaycry
Are you SURE? I think you haven't seen yet a OpenSource™ flame war... it's scary to say the least!
You don't have to be a computer nerd to get riled during about a political discussion.

Most amazing jew boots
devilmaycry
Chocobo

Member 4461

Level 13.07

Apr 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 06:33 PM Local time: May 11, 2006, 11:33 PM #28 of 31
Originally Posted by Lord Styphon
You don't have to be a computer nerd to get riled during about a political discussion.

Originally Posted by DragoonKain
There is nothing else like it. No other subject of conversation that gets people riled up like a discussion of politics.
He said that no other discussion get people riled up as politics, well OpenSource™ does, maybe not as many people as politics but those who engage in such discussion do it with all their might.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Lord Styphon
Malevolently Mercurial

Member 3

Level 50.41

Feb 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 06:43 PM Local time: May 11, 2006, 06:43 PM #29 of 31
There's nothing quite like politics because it can get people riled up, regardless of any particular specialty. OpenSourceā„¢ gets people riled up; so did Star Trek vs Star Wars in its day. But only among people who really cared about it. If you're not a computer person, (or, in the case of the other example, a science fiction nerd) you aren't likely to care.

Political arguments are ones everyone can particpate in.

If you want to argue about software, the computing forums are further down.

I was speaking idiomatically.
GarretThe Thief
The TS master

Member 192

Level 10.26

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 06:45 PM #30 of 31
I think it's because people think they know whats best for their country\world and will fight to the death to enforce their ideas. in general I dont talk politics to anyone but a select few. I rarly post in here but I saw this and thought why not. back on topic people belive (in my opinion anyway) that their right and everyone else is wrong and it is that which makes politics a such a hot topic for everyone. a conversation between two people are fine as long as they keep their mouth in check and they know each other but when other people join in from 2 tables away (personal experiance here) and starts shouting that your a f***ing idot and you dont know what your talking about it not only disrups the place but puts people in general in a bad mood.
but maybe thats just me

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
devilmaycry
Chocobo

Member 4461

Level 13.07

Apr 2006

Old May 12, 2006, 09:56 AM Local time: May 12, 2006, 02:56 PM #31 of 31
Lord Styphon:
Yeah I guess you have a point there, if we read the word 'people' as in the total of the population then yes, politics is really the ticket, nothing will get the total of the population so riled up as it.

Well all I know it's the good old saying: "I don't discuss football, politics and religion"

If you do like this will stay clear of a bunch of problem and nasty situations, plus it will keep the shine in your nails :-P

EDIT: It can also be argued that everyone is insane and there are planty of proofs of it so it's hard to dismiss, therefor politics is just the fuse to unearth the madness of the mankind and it does an excelent job at it.

So it's not:
"What is it about politics that makes people go insane?"

but rather:
"What is it about politics that unearths the raving madness ingrained in mankind?"

Note to self: Stop playing Eternal Darkness

FELIPE NO

Last edited by devilmaycry; May 12, 2006 at 10:02 AM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace > What is it about politics that makes people go insane?