Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[DS] Bleach DS: Souten ni Kakeru Unmei

Kesubei
Puzzle Person

Member 971

Level 17.04

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 01:00 AM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 02:00 AM #1 of 9
Bleach DS: Souten ni Kakeru Unmei

HEY. Do you like Bleach? No? That's alright. Bleach DS: Souten ni Kakeru Unmei is a four player 2D fighting game in the Bleach universe developed by Treasure and published by Sega. Released on 1/26/2006.

For those who follow the series: the game takes place around the height of the Soul Society arc, so all the major players (and their Bankai if it had been revealed during the arc) are here.

For the rest of you: You have 3 attack buttons (X, Y, A), a special movement button (B), and a guard button (R). You also have a plane shift button (L) that makes your character jump in the background (think Fatal Fury).

This game takes a Melty Blood/Guilty Gear system, so it's pretty reliant on combos and such, but thanks to the special movement button there're ways to get out of a bad situation. Characters have long life bars, so there's usually only one round to win. There's also a card system aspect to it, where you hit the touch panel to give your character a STR/Life boost or give your opponent some sort of disadvantage, but I usually turn it off.

It doesn't have much as far as extras go. You earn new characters and system voices by beating certain modes with certain characters, etc.

This game is WiFi, but I don't know how it works outside Japan. Playing online, there will be instances of lag, but it's very rare.

For those who want a great portable fighting game, I'd recommend this one. Even if you don't know the characters, the fighting system's solid and there's alot of personality here.

Thoughts?

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Matt
I gotta get my hand on those dragonballz!1

Member 923

Level 24.97

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 01:17 AM #2 of 9
Reminds me of those Dragonball Z games on the SNES.
You know the ones.

I wish they'd bring this over to the States, but seeing as how Bleach itself isn't even licensed for release here I doubt it'll happen any time soon.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Kesubei
Puzzle Person

Member 971

Level 17.04

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 01:36 AM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 02:36 AM #3 of 9
Yeah, I know which ones you mean. But it's alot faster and deeper than those. I guess.

I don't think this'll ever be hitting the states, even if the series is licensed. I don't know if Viz would put as much effort behind it compared to Naruto.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

ramoth
ACER BANDIT

Member 692

Level 35.27

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 01:41 AM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 10:41 PM #4 of 9
I think Bleach has a lot of potential to be "the next Naruto". It's right up there with Naruto in terms of popularity in the fansub community, and I hear it's decently popular in Japan. It's in Shonen Jump, isn't it? That's a pretty good sign.

p.s. This game looks awesome.

How ya doing, buddy?
Nekobo
Axefighter??

Member 835

Level 4.50

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 03:50 AM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 01:50 AM #5 of 9
We should post our Friend Codes as well as location to determine how good the latency will be.

Bleach DS FC: 124-618-691-336 (Location: So Cal)

But yeah, I've been having a blast with the game. The online mode adds a grip of replay value to the already featured packed single player modes. The single cart mode is surprisingly robust, allowing you to use all the characters on all the stages. The only drawback to this is the long download times.

The only other negatives that come to mind is that there is some character balance issues and that online fights can get extremely choppy, depending on where you play.

Overall, it's a solid game with a nice variety of characters and a good fighting engine. Since Treasure developed this, I knew it'd be more than just a generic anime fighter; it's a deep title with great replay value, especially if you can find a good connection or know people that have it.

I was speaking idiomatically.
SuperDK
ROBO-KY!

Member 654

Level 11.01

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 11:39 AM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 09:39 AM #6 of 9
The only thing I dislike about this game is the stupid stupid cards. I only get killed because everyone waits to use the infinite super card (Hollow Ichigo) + No guard. Granted, I've only played one ranking match (and that's exactly what happened) but it was seriously stupid. I think the ranking matches should have had no cards/reifu at all. Now I have 940...instead of 1000.

Anyway, my friend code: 493-987-734-008 (I'm in North Cal, yo)

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Kimchi
Sup GFF faggots, who can't handle shit?

Member 552

Level 27.62

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 06:37 PM #7 of 9
Is this game any good? I am a Bleach fan, I didn't sepect that the game will be something like GGX or KoFish game. I thought it would be more like SSBM or Shonen Jump Super Star.

Most amazing jew boots
Kesubei
Puzzle Person

Member 971

Level 17.04

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 08:05 PM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 09:05 PM #8 of 9
Friend Code: 184-747-918-844 (in Japan, so I don't know what'll happen)

Taegueki, if you like fighters like KOF and GGX, I'd definitely recommend this to you. The Reifu make the game more like SSBM than GGX though, in my opinion.

Most amazing jew boots

SuperDK
ROBO-KY!

Member 654

Level 11.01

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 08:12 PM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 06:12 PM #9 of 9
Oh, I forgot to mention that I'm rarely on. So you probably will never get to go against me. No broadband connection. I have to get to my friends place (has wireless broadband) for that to happen. =(

Yeah, this game is kinda like GGX, but not really. I've heard it be compared to Yu Yu Hakusho (another treasure game) and Last Blade. I dunno though.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [DS] Bleach DS: Souten ni Kakeru Unmei