Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

I'm gonna name my third child Aaron Kurado Javier. Even if it's a girl!

Temari
I'm changing the world. And you're gonna help.

Member 16658

Level 28.10

Dec 2006

Old Jan 23, 2007, 07:01 PM #26 of 87
Girl's name: Alexandria, or Alexandra. Not only because I like the name and it's easily shortened to Alex, but also because Alexandra is Cassandra of Troy's royal name, and it'd be my sane tribute to the Greek Mythology that I absolutely love... as opposed to calling a girl Polyxena, or another crazy name.

Boys name: Not sure. I've always joked that I'd name my first son after my first love, Trunks from DBZ (future Trunks, not the whiny brat Trunks)... but its not likely. Can't really decide.

Edit
Dear gods, what happened in this thread while I was typing? Lol.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
agreatguy6
Holy Chocobo

Member 682

Level 31.93

Mar 2006

Old Jan 23, 2007, 07:35 PM #27 of 87
I would name my daughter some insane name (mind, she's white/asian):

Ashukaqackukqua
Fukua
Shantiqua Baniqua
Puse (pronounced pooSAY)
Ophelia

And for my son:

Son-of-the-artist-without-a-job
!xalaka (*click*alaka)

And, of course, my personal FAVORITE (for either sex):

Little-bitch/bastard-that-fucked-up-my-shit-ass-life

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Helloween
aguywholikestovideogames

Member 607

Level 33.17

Mar 2006

Old Jan 23, 2007, 08:19 PM Local time: Jan 23, 2007, 07:19 PM #28 of 87
My friends and i discuss this on a nearly regular basis, claiming names that we get to use on our kids and such. Alot of these names have already been "taken" for future use.

Boys:

The name Paul has been in my family line for as long as anyone can trace back. Every other generation there's a boy with the first name Paul, and the generation after that gets it as a middle name. I don't know if i have to keep that tradition up or not, as i don't have that name at all.

I've always liked the idea of naming my first son Bejaman (first name) Franklin Peirce (middle names) after Hawkeye from M*A*S*H, but i'm not sure that'll ever happen.

Girls:

Natalie, Naomi, Anneke (Anika). Those are the three girls names that i really like that don't really come from anything. I know three girls with all those names.

I've always liked the name Rikku, but i think that would be too easily recognized, and a little too stand-outy for Canada.

There are plenty more, but i can't think of them now.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Sandy
Pikachu ♪

Member 17794

Level 10.12

Jan 2007

Old Jan 23, 2007, 09:46 PM #29 of 87
And for my son:

!xalaka (*click*alaka)

Omg, is that from Russell Peters? ;=;

I was speaking idiomatically.
Yes, I'm very evul.

(Old sig back in 2001ish)
How Unfortunate
Ghost

Member 4460

Level 13.04

Apr 2006

Old Jan 23, 2007, 10:42 PM #30 of 87
Try to pick names so that each member of the family has a different first letter in their name. That way, you can just use single letters on the score card when you go to the mini-putt.

Practicality.

How ya doing, buddy?
Shorty
21. Arch of the Warrior Maidens

Member 2028

Level 30.81

Mar 2006

Old Jan 24, 2007, 04:58 AM Local time: Jan 24, 2007, 02:58 AM #31 of 87
Boys: Jorge, Ben or Ken. I don't know if I'll ever breed with another Japanese man so I'd like to name my child with American names that are also widely accepted in Japan. (Makes it easy for my side of the family to remember--if any of them are still living by the time I start having children, that is)

Girls: same deal. Except I haven't found much that transcribes well as an American name that Japanese use as a real name as well. Maybe Maria or Emily. But these probably aren't names I would choose for my own girls. I do like Sophia (or Sophie) and Annette.

Don't know why, I seem to be more picky about boys' names rather than girls. Probably has something to do with my innate desire to keep my heritage alive somehow through my next generation...or whatever.

FELIPE NO
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Jan 24, 2007, 10:40 AM Local time: Jan 24, 2007, 08:40 AM #32 of 87
i'm a fan of names that end in 'a', so for a girl, there's plenty of anime/game characters. names like luna, lucca, ayla, aya, terra, rydia, serena, tifa, rinoa come to mind. but even if i weren't to choose a video game/anime name, i'm sure the name would end in 'a'.

for a boy though: i dunno... baraka? it probably won't end in a, so the name just has to be inherently awesome. so maybe sub-zero. that'd be beast. or maybe zidane or frog...

also, xander is a pretty awesome name.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
waka waka

sanemonkeytwitterlast.fmgfwbacklogyoutubexbox

Last edited by nazpyro; Jan 24, 2007 at 11:11 AM.
FallDragon
Good Chocobo

Member 2657

Level 14.90

Mar 2006

Old Jan 26, 2007, 06:55 PM Local time: Jan 27, 2007, 01:55 AM #33 of 87
I hope people are picking out names based on the how they enjoy the sound of the name, not because it reminds you of a videogame/anime character. I can't imagine naming a kid I might have "Cloud" to have him grow up with everyone thinking A) he (or myself) smokes weed, or B) he's going to save the world. Too many crazy judgments can be made based on names, and it's just exacerbates it when parents pick names because they like how cloud killed sephiroth with omnislash WOO!

IMO, anyway.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by FallDragon; Jan 26, 2007 at 07:04 PM.
I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Jan 26, 2007, 07:55 PM #34 of 87
The only person in the world who would actually AGREE to these names would be Pang. I've had my heart set on them forever.

Female: Kallisti. Hands down. I doubt that I will ever be granted my wish, though. It's such a pretty name. If I had to chose others, I'd likely go with Aiselinn (or a variation thereof - Azaelyn, Aieslyn).

Male: Loki, first choice. Apart from that, maybe Tristan or Wolfgang or something. I haven't really considered, though I kind of like Wolfgang.

Such a Lust for Revenge!
Where's Kostaki!?

Member 9287

Level 40.98

Jul 2006

Old Jan 26, 2007, 09:56 PM Local time: Jan 26, 2007, 08:56 PM #35 of 87
Whatever happened to Pang Sass? I miss him. Thought you two were pretty cool Yin Yang and shit. Now you sold out.

Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Jan 31, 2007, 06:29 PM #36 of 87
For boys: Vincent... I always though it was a cool name, and two to three syllable names seem to work in my family. I was also thinking about Pat or something... Perhaps Patrick after my brother's middle name, or Paterno after my dad. Reiji always seemed to be an interesting name also.

For girls: I never really though about girl names all that much, but I know my family would kill me if I ever chose the name Serenity. It's a nice name, but doesn't seem to roll well off my last name. Maybe Jillian, for the sole reason if I ever came out a girl, my mom would've named me that.

Frank91
not me no more

Member 16613

Level 5.82

Dec 2006

Old Feb 5, 2007, 02:02 PM Local time: Feb 5, 2007, 09:02 PM #37 of 87
For boys: John, Stephen, Kenneth, Ezekiel or Daniel. These are my favorite boy names. The middle name should be Benjamin.

For girls: K/Clara, Sarah or Valentine. Aren't those three names just really cute?

Domino
-

Member 1180

Level 28.87

Mar 2006

Old Feb 5, 2007, 02:14 PM Local time: Feb 5, 2007, 08:14 PM #38 of 87
For girls: I've always liked the name Jessica, same with Rebecca.

For boys: I would choose Vincent if I were to ever have a son. Not too sure that it would go with my surename though.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Such a Lust for Revenge!
Where's Kostaki!?

Member 9287

Level 40.98

Jul 2006

Old Feb 5, 2007, 02:17 PM Local time: Feb 5, 2007, 01:17 PM #39 of 87
Funny, I sort of regret naming my son Vincent but I've seen it mentioned a couple of times here now. It's cool that the thread I first made here before my son was born played a part in his name.

Sarah is my next choice for a girl if I ever somehow have another.

How ya doing, buddy?
WolfDemon
Grub Killer

Member 737

Level 27.82

Mar 2006

Old Feb 5, 2007, 03:02 PM Local time: Feb 5, 2007, 12:02 PM #40 of 87
Assuming I ever decide to have a kid, I've also been thinking about naming my son Vincent. Everyone I've told that to has been like "BUT THAT'S AN ITALIAN NAME YOU'RE NOT ITALIAN!" Same for the name Julia for my daughter. But does it really matter? Sure I'm not gonna name my white ass kid Kazuo or Hans, but who really cares where the name comes from? If some weirdos can name their son Sephiroth and another can legally change his name to Optimus Prime, (Awesome as that is) then dammit, I'm gonna have my Vincent/Julia.

Ceres
Now promoted to 'Dwarf Planet' status

Member 3240

Level 19.81

Mar 2006

Old Feb 5, 2007, 07:21 PM #41 of 87
I like names that are kinda out of the ordinary, don't want to give my child a name that three other kids in his/her class is going to have. Plus i have a thing for greek and roman mythology, so for a girl I like the name Aurora (goddess of dawn). Also I kinda like the sound of Aurelia (means gold), but I know it's too weird.

For a boy I like Aiden, but I'm starting to get turned off of that name cuz right now it's like the top boys name

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Vemp
fuuuuuu

Member 929

Level 33.83

Mar 2006

Old Feb 5, 2007, 09:47 PM Local time: Feb 6, 2007, 10:47 AM #42 of 87
For a girl, I'll name her Rei. Bite me.

If a boy, he'll be Odin. Because Odin trumps you all.

Ceres
Now promoted to 'Dwarf Planet' status

Member 3240

Level 19.81

Mar 2006

Old Feb 5, 2007, 10:39 PM #43 of 87
I actually also like Rei for a boy...I know a little boy named Odin

Vemp
fuuuuuu

Member 929

Level 33.83

Mar 2006

Old Feb 6, 2007, 04:07 AM Local time: Feb 6, 2007, 05:07 PM #44 of 87
Really? Wow, that's cool since ODIN is a really badass name.

I wonder if anyone would like to name their kid "Genocide" or "Terror". I also like Valeria for a girl.

Hydra
Delicious and vitamin fortified.

Member 1243

Level 16.97

Mar 2006

Old Feb 6, 2007, 10:07 AM Local time: Feb 6, 2007, 08:07 AM #45 of 87
I used to want to name my first daughter Violet, after Violet in the Boxcar Children and later Series of Unfortunate Events. Now I'm over it now, and would name her Anna. I want to name her Anais, but in the u.s. kids would say it wrong and make it sound like anus.

Such a Lust for Revenge!
Where's Kostaki!?

Member 9287

Level 40.98

Jul 2006

Old Feb 6, 2007, 01:38 PM Local time: Feb 6, 2007, 12:38 PM #46 of 87
Well, I'm a quarter Italian so I guess I have the "right" to name my son what I did as far as Vincent's concerned.

After reading through some of these names I realize I don't really mind odd names, even Valeria and Odin sounded awesome... It's the names that sound out of Africa or places with VERY different names that bug me... Unless that person can visually fit the name of course.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Hydra
Delicious and vitamin fortified.

Member 1243

Level 16.97

Mar 2006

Old Feb 6, 2007, 04:04 PM Local time: Feb 6, 2007, 02:04 PM #47 of 87
How is Anais pronounced? Ahn-iys, or something like it?
anna - eese, with the emphasis on eese (as in lease.) I thought about a modification: Anain: pronounced anna-een.

FELIPE NO
Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old Feb 10, 2007, 01:52 PM #48 of 87
I like the name Meia or Mya for a girl. Mia has been used before. I wanted it to be different somewhere.

I also like Anna a lot. Variations as well like Hannah, Annie, Hannie, etc.

For a boy, it definitely David. I cannot have it any other way. I thought about Gabe (NOT a PA reference or Syphon Filter reference either) for short of one of the arch angels.

Lunar Seal
i wish my grass was emo so it would cut itsself

Member 12670

Level 9.15

Sep 2006

Old Feb 10, 2007, 02:13 PM #49 of 87
Girl: Elizabeth, Amaia, Mia, Lorelei. Any one of these would do.

Boy: Hadley. That'd be my first choice. I don't know why I like it so much, just that I do.
I also really love the name Rubedo, but I'd never name my boy that since it did come from Xenosaga.

Most amazing jew boots
Celes Chere
Good Chocobo

Member 11349

Level 18.07

Aug 2006

Old Feb 10, 2007, 03:20 PM #50 of 87
When I was younger, I really liked the name Carla for a girl. I'm indifferent towards it now.

Celes is actually a pretty name, but I'd feel so weird naming my child after a video game character. Amelia is good too.

As for a boy, I don't really know. I kind of like Alex.

How ya doing, buddy?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place > I'm gonna name my third child Aaron Kurado Javier. Even if it's a girl!