Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Wii] Guilty Gear XX Accent Core

Matt
I gotta get my hand on those dragonballz!1

Member 923

Level 24.97

Mar 2006

Old May 7, 2007, 12:36 PM #1 of 9
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core

Whoa shi-
Guilty Gear is dropping on the Wii like it's hot. Holla.

Originally Posted by BabelFish Translation
Sega announces in images in the Japanese magazine Famitsu the exit of Guilty Gear XX Accent Core on Wii for next 26 July in Japan, the play of combat being already envisaged on PlayStation 2 for the end of the month. This version should exploit the functionalities of detection of movements of the Wii controller, to note that it will be also possible to play with the traditional lever of Wii for a more traditional style of gameplay.
I hope there won't be any gimmicky controls because it's on the Wii.
Thoughts?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
liuu
Carob Nut

Member 1698

Level 5.35

Mar 2006

Old May 7, 2007, 04:10 PM #2 of 9
Well since you can play with the classic controller, I don't think there will be any gimmicky controls.

I just hope they will bring this one over, I really liked GGXX and I'm really interested in trying this "updated" version of it.

How ya doing, buddy?
Shaolin Samurai
Top Tier

Member 2005

Level 12.72

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2007, 09:05 PM #3 of 9
Fuck the classic controller - Guilty Gear needs to be played on a stick.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2007, 09:42 PM #4 of 9
I'm still tired of them re-releasing Guilty Gear XX a bajillion times over. Another slightly new version of Sol and Ky won't cut it for me. Despite saying that, I might as well get it if it ever comes for Wii in NA since it would probably be better than most other releases. I think I read ABA was also playable outside of Isuka finally, so that's a plus.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Shaolin Samurai
Top Tier

Member 2005

Level 12.72

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2007, 10:01 PM #5 of 9
ABA was already playable in Slash, so that's not really new. The changes from Slash to Accent Core are more significant than XX to #R, or #R to Slash. Honestly, the only thing stopping this update from being a full fledged sequel is no new crappy storyline.

Quick overview of the changes:
Either redone or completely new backgrounds
New moves for every character - specials and even NORMALS
Forcebreaks
Throw-breaks
Slash-back
New move property- wallstick
New move property- slide
and of course refinement of existing moves for each character
New voices for every character
New graphical effects
New character portraits, menu, health bars, etc.

This update was tailor-made for hardcore devotees. But even casual gamers will notice the significant changes to the game mechanics.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by Shaolin Samurai; May 8, 2007 at 10:05 PM.
liuu
Carob Nut

Member 1698

Level 5.35

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2007, 12:02 AM #6 of 9
Honestly, the only thing stopping this update from being a full fledged sequel is no new crappy storyline.
Actually, I was hoping they were gonna include a story mode this time around, but I think it's been confirmed a while ago that this wasn't the case.

While a story mode is not the main reason to play the game, I found it to be enjoyable in GGXX and I still am curious to see where the story is going to go from there.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
MuppeTFuckeR
Chocobo

Member 4359

Level 9.00

Mar 2006

Old May 23, 2007, 07:39 PM #7 of 9
Boxart (Japan)

FELIPE NO
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old May 23, 2007, 08:24 PM #8 of 9
I've caught alot of vids on youtube. Does look promising but what does the storyline have to offer =/? Oh well, I'll think more on how good the gameplay is going to be like Hokuto no Ken. And I thought Bridget was the only character who got a different voice actor.

The cover looks cool but lately I've seen 2 other boxarts in the past and now this with Ky and Sol up close and personal here O.o.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Kesubei
Puzzle Person

Member 971

Level 17.04

Mar 2006

Old May 23, 2007, 08:29 PM Local time: May 23, 2007, 09:29 PM #9 of 9
This was announced a few months ago and, though I expected Hori or someone to release a Wii arcade stick by now in preparation, I haven't seen any.

Considering that the people who actively play GGXX^ choose either the arcade or the PS2 / arcade stick, I wonder who they're trying to sell this to, exactly. It'll be interesting to see how this sells compared to the PS2 version (it could always outsell it).

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Wii] Guilty Gear XX Accent Core