Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[DS] Moero! Nekketsu Rhythm Tamashii: Osu! Tatake! Ouendan 2

Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Apr 19, 2007, 12:01 AM Local time: Apr 19, 2007, 06:01 PM #1 of 29
Moero! Nekketsu Rhythm Tamashii: Osu! Tatake! Ouendan 2

Name: Moero! Nekketsu Rhythm Tamashii: Osu! Tatake! Ouendan 2
Console: Nintendo DS
Genre: Music
Japanese release: May 17th, 2007
American release: Never.

Importers, be advised: Ouendan 2 hits Japan on May 17. Thanks to the eagle-eyed folks at NeoGAF we can bring you the titles of 11 out of the 19 songs that will be in the game. That total is four more than in the original Ouendan, which had fifteen. (Elite Beat Agents, also known as the American Ouendan, also has 19 songs.)

Much of the game's music is taken from Japanese pop and rock and is already widely available. Game site The Platformers realized this, and looked for the music on YouTube. Sure enough, ten songs have music videos on the site. If you want to sample the music you can look forward to hearing in Ouendan 2, click on the appropriate links below. Remember, these are not actual gameplay videos or music tracks, so expect the DS versions to be much different. - source.

Current list of songs are:

* Kibun Joujou - Mihimaru GT
* Shounen Heart - Homemade Kazoku
* BANG!BANG! - smap
* I Believe - Ayaka
* Sambomaster - Sekai wa Sore wo Ai to Yobunda ze
* Nana starring Mika Nakashima - Glamorous Sky
* Real Life Real Heart - Kimura Kaela
* Okuru Kotoba - Flow
* Zenryoku Shonen - Sukima-Switch
* Oh, My Julia - Checkers
* Go My Way - Yaida Hitomi
* POP STAR - Hirai Ken
* VISTA - Going Under Ground

Myself I'm really looking forward to Shounen Heart and Real Life Real Heart. Anyshit, discuss!

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Elixir; May 15, 2007 at 07:28 AM. Reason: New and updated videos.
Torte
Vampire Killer

Member 4126

Level 15.25

Mar 2006

Old Apr 19, 2007, 02:53 AM Local time: Apr 19, 2007, 07:53 PM #2 of 29
Awesome cover, and awesome work on covering the confirmed songs thus far Lix! Gonna pre-order this one for sure!

There's nowhere I can't reach.
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Apr 19, 2007, 01:40 PM Local time: Apr 19, 2007, 11:40 AM #3 of 29
Originally Posted by Elixir
American release: Never.

This is probably the next DS game I'm really looking forward to, and I haven't bought any new DS games for a while. =/ The release is good timing for me too. I can't wait. ^^

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
waka waka

sanemonkeytwitterlast.fmgfwbacklogyoutubexbox
Old Apr 19, 2007, 10:18 PM #4 of 29
Nice selection of songs there. I like Ken Hirai's POP STAR more than I probably should. He just has a really really nice voice.

Looking forward to this game. =)

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

SuperDK
ROBO-KY!

Member 654

Level 11.01

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2007, 03:08 PM Local time: Apr 20, 2007, 01:08 PM #5 of 29
Even I know zero songs from this game (I've never heard of any of these bands/people, except for those in the first, which I also didn't know of at the time) this game is gonna rock. I just hope the ending is climactic as the first.

Love the outfits for the Cheergirls. Secksy.

I was speaking idiomatically.
NES Oldskooler
Faust

Member 768

Level 10.31

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2007, 01:10 AM Local time: Apr 20, 2007, 07:10 PM #6 of 29
The songlist so far is actually kind of disappointing. It really doesn't have the same upbeat feel of Ouendan at all.

I'll still probably get it, though. I'm sure I'll like the songs more after seeing them in the context of the game.

Most amazing jew boots
DarthSavior
PUT YA GUNS ON

Member 188

Level 12.90

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2007, 06:25 AM Local time: May 15, 2007, 01:25 AM #7 of 29
Demo gameplay:

FELIPE NO
Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2007, 06:45 AM Local time: May 16, 2007, 12:45 AM #8 of 29
Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan 2 押忍!闘え!応援団 2 PV

YouTube Video

Additional Spam:
Ouendan 2 OST:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/dmbf5k

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by Elixir; May 16, 2007 at 04:47 AM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.
chaofan
Quarter-Circle + Paaaunch!

Member 1794

Level 21.29

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2007, 09:11 AM Local time: May 19, 2007, 01:11 AM #9 of 29
For those interested on my thoughts of Moero, http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/jo...ew&userid=1794

And for those who can't be stuffed: 4(1/2) out of 5.
-Pros: Gameplay, Soundtrack, small subtle changes from EBA
-Cons: May not like the soundtrack

Oh, BTW is it Damashii or Tamashii? Google and Wiki say Damashii, Lix.

How ya doing, buddy?
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2007, 09:27 AM Local time: May 18, 2007, 07:27 AM #10 of 29
I love these games (O!T!O and EBA), so of course I had to get this one. Mine shipped out yesterday, so it will hopefully be here early next week. Maybe this weekend if I'm supa-lucky. I can't wait.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
waka waka

sanemonkeytwitterlast.fmgfwbacklogyoutubexbox
Toma
Pu.Li.Ru.La

Member 987

Level 11.46

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2007, 12:17 PM Local time: May 18, 2007, 10:17 AM #11 of 29
I downloaded it yesterday, and will probably buy it the next time I have the chance to get down to the import store. I've played through Normal difficulty and about half of Hard, and so far I dig it. The final scenario is similar in structure to EBA's, which is kinda unfortunate, especially since the ending song is a bit underwhelming in my opinion. The "sad song" is getting to feel a bit contrived, but whatever.

Other than those disputes, I like it very much. The scenarios are pretty awesome for the most part (<3 Monkey Magic), I actually like the selection of tunes, despite it having a bit of a different overall feel from the original. The graphics and game engine have been tweaked from the original and everything flows together better than either of the previous games, if you ask me (you can skip the end of a song now, too, which will make replaying the last song less painful than in EBA). Looking forward to unlocking the cheerleaders

Edit: just got to the second bonus song. So adorable ;_;

no more signature

Last edited by Toma; May 18, 2007 at 01:19 PM.
Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2007, 02:46 PM Local time: May 19, 2007, 08:46 AM #12 of 29
I've played through all of normal and half of hard. It seems this time around that hard mode isn't half as hard as the original game.

My favorite songs are Real Life Real Heart, Monkey Magic and POP STAR. The ending song wasn't that great, compared to the original, but it did the trick. The ending credits were also quite nice.

I like the ability to save replays and stuff, too.

Enjoy shitty camera quality of me playing:

YouTube Video

Toma
Pu.Li.Ru.La

Member 987

Level 11.46

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2007, 05:08 PM Local time: May 18, 2007, 03:08 PM #13 of 29
Hard mode seems to pick up a lot in difficulty toward the end, so if you haven't gotten there yet you have something to looks forward to. The robot song took many tries for me to get past, and I haven't beaten the last one yet. Then again, I pretty much suck, so that could have something to do with it too

no more signature
SuperDK
ROBO-KY!

Member 654

Level 11.01

Mar 2006

Old May 19, 2007, 01:46 PM Local time: May 19, 2007, 11:46 AM #14 of 29
Got this yesterday and played it for about 2 hours. I picked it up again today and I'm FINALLY ON CHEERGIRLS! or whatever the difficulty is called

Sweet sweet cheergirls...

Edit: I still prefer the original girls from these new ones.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by SuperDK; May 19, 2007 at 02:05 PM. Reason: Can't fap to other new cheergirls
Tortalius
Space-ish not that we know what that means.

Member 1680

Level 12.76

Mar 2006

Old May 24, 2007, 11:23 AM #15 of 29
This one is just as awesome as the last one. The final song gave me a much bigger headache in hard mode than RSG did though.

Anyone have the soundtrack, or a compilation of the songs? It's hard to find a lot of them...well the ones i like.

FELIPE NO

SIG POLICE SAY: Technically only two images allowed in a sig at once, unless special clemency is granted. So seek out special clemency if you try it again. kthxbye.
PS what you've got is still pretty annoying
SuperDK
ROBO-KY!

Member 654

Level 11.01

Mar 2006

Old May 24, 2007, 02:36 PM Local time: May 24, 2007, 12:36 PM #16 of 29
Someone has uploaded the songs to RAPIDSHARE. If you don't mind having to wait 30 or so minutes inbetween downloading the files (2 parts) then here you go.

http://rapidshare.com/files/32143283..._OST.part1.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/32143494..._OST.part2.rar

These are the originals by the way. Rapidshare sucks.

Spoiler:
Hidden Mode am make me cri MOAR

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Tortalius

Member 1680

Level 12.76

Mar 2006

Old May 24, 2007, 04:20 PM #17 of 29
hidden mode?...

Jam it back in, in the dark.

SIG POLICE SAY: Technically only two images allowed in a sig at once, unless special clemency is granted. So seek out special clemency if you try it again. kthxbye.
SuperDK
ROBO-KY!

Member 654

Level 11.01

Mar 2006

Old May 24, 2007, 05:14 PM Local time: May 24, 2007, 03:14 PM #18 of 29
Spoiler:
Hidden mode is unlocked once you get 50million points. It makes it so there are no rings and the notes disappear a little before you are supposed to hit it. Not really spoiler worthy, but yeah.

<3 Many of the songs.

LOL worthy shit: I don't know my Jpop so I thought that SMAP was a female band.

How ya doing, buddy?
cubed
Knock knock who's there? Me! I keel you!

Member 858

Level 27.57

Mar 2006

Old May 24, 2007, 06:12 PM #19 of 29
Can someone upload part 1 on sendspace? I just downloaded part 2 to upload it for others. You know, limit of 1 download per day. Bunch of wackoes.

EDIT:

PART 2: [removed for uselessness]

and yeah, the wait is 75 minutes. But I want part 1 NOW.

Additional Spam:
err. I just got Part 1 and it got the stuffs from Part II among others.

---------------{ Currently playing }--
... Nothing.... really.

-----------------------{ Last rips }--
Trauma Center New Blood (Wii)
Trauma Center Second Opinion (Wii)
Planet Puzzle League (DS)

---{ Currently in ripping progress }--
Dragoneer's Aria (PSP)
Professor Layton and the Curious Village (DS)

-----------{ Other stuffs about me }--
My VGM Collection
(last update: mar. 03, 2008)

--------------------------------------

Last edited by cubed; May 24, 2007 at 08:33 PM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.
yangxu
Last Star

Member 972

Level 10.31

Mar 2006

Old May 25, 2007, 12:40 AM Local time: May 24, 2007, 09:40 PM #20 of 29
A mode unlocked when you have 5000000 points. You won't see the rings that shrinks to tell you when to hit the circles anymore, and the circles themselves disappear before you can hit them, it's much harder and requires you to pretty much know your songs inside out. The reward for this is you get 1.5x the points you would get in the difficulty you are playing in. So if you are playing in Elegant Ouen (Diva mode) and is aiming for an S for the last song, you can potentially score 99999999 with just that song.

Sakabadger
オニデレ

Member 8

Level 26.84

Feb 2006

Old May 25, 2007, 08:05 AM Local time: May 25, 2007, 06:05 AM #21 of 29
Hidden mode is a riot. I don't feel there's much of an increase in difficulty (I didn't even notice the circles disappearing before you hit them) -- you pretty much operate on your normal reflexes and rhythm. The hard part has to do with double-, triple- or quadruple-hits since they're not as easy to notice (unless you know the song well).

Love the soundtrack on this game. There were a few tracks I didn't like on OTO (Koi no Dance Site and Neraiuchi, etc) and I felt EBA's was pretty horrid in general, but OTO2's soundtrack is overall nice to listen to. The final song is a bit lacking in excitement compared to RSG, but the fact that it's Densha's theme is enough for me to give it a stamp of approval.

hey guys let's be nerds and compare scores

Tortalius

Member 1680

Level 12.76

Mar 2006

Old May 29, 2007, 08:11 PM #22 of 29
hehe. yea i've been playing hidden mode now, since i realized without it i'll never make it to 100 mil. I've been doing ok, but it's crazy.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

SuperDK
ROBO-KY!

Member 654

Level 11.01

Mar 2006

Old May 31, 2007, 02:18 AM Local time: May 31, 2007, 12:18 AM #23 of 29
Hooray! I hit the 9999999 point jackpot!

Anyway, I just recently gave this a shot (because I've been busy with other games) and I somehow get a perfect after about 30 tries.

I like a lot of the songs, even though some of the originals are better (which is still up to the person to decide). Some of my favorites are Samurai Blue, SSAY(final stage), Rirura Riruha(real life real heart), Okuru Kotoba, Shonen Heart...well, a lot.

Originally Posted by Sakabadger
hey guys let's be nerds and compare scores

I have 118million.

FELIPE NO
Tortalius

Member 1680

Level 12.76

Mar 2006

Old May 31, 2007, 04:14 PM #24 of 29
I happen to love the very first song, which is why I'm dissapointed it's so easy hehe. I wish they'd have a 4th difficulty for some of the earlier songs, so we can play them in a much harder mode.

Oh well.

How ya doing, buddy?

Sakabadger
オニデレ

Member 8

Level 26.84

Feb 2006

Old May 31, 2007, 04:54 PM Local time: May 31, 2007, 02:54 PM #25 of 29
Hooray! I hit the 9999999 point jackpot!

Anyway, I just recently gave this a shot (because I've been busy with other games) and I somehow get a perfect after about 30 tries.

I like a lot of the songs, even though some of the originals are better (which is still up to the person to decide). Some of my favorites are Samurai Blue, SSAY(final stage), Rirura Riruha(real life real heart), Okuru Kotoba, Shonen Heart...well, a lot.

I have 118million.
I can't stand Shounen Heart. I like the original song, but I find the cover to be atrocious. I'm not really fond of the timing for the beats either... it's okay on other similar songs, but not this one.

I think I have around 87m points right now. Still a ways to go

How ya doing, buddy?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [DS] Moero! Nekketsu Rhythm Tamashii: Osu! Tatake! Ouendan 2