Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Cubed World-Whatever Happened to Them? (Plus, a few of their rips)

rebelx24
Syklis Green

Member 3852

Level 7.21

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2006, 03:57 PM Local time: Mar 23, 2006, 12:57 PM #1 of 10
Cubed World-Whatever Happened to Them? (Plus, a few of their rips)

Does anybody remember the site Cubed World (http://cubedgz.dynamic-dns.net)? They had a ton of gamerips, and were working just fine until sometime this past fall, when they disappeared off the face of the earth, along with their FTP server. They had a few hard to find gamerips that I never had the chance to get before they went down; these were Banjo-Kazooie, Banjo-Tooie, Pikmin 2, and Wario World. If anybody knows what happened to this site, their rippers, or these specific gamerips, I would be very interested to know. Thanks in advance.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Basil
Banned

Member 499

Level 48.58

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2006, 04:06 PM Local time: Mar 23, 2006, 03:06 PM #2 of 10
I don't know what happened to the site, it's been shut down for that long though. Most of the rippers reside here, and as for the four gamerips you want, I have them all, but this isn't the right forum to place music requests. If you can post a new topic in Audio Requests I'll be more than happy to help you there.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Dubble
The Hero of Mouseton VS The Phantom Blot!

Member 297

Level 32.26

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2006, 04:35 PM Local time: Mar 23, 2006, 03:35 PM #3 of 10
Originally Posted by Blue_Kirby2
I don't know what happened to the site, it's been shut down for that long though. Most of the rippers reside here, and as for the four gamerips you want, I have them all, but this isn't the right forum to place music requests. If you can post a new topic in Audio Requests I'll be more than happy to help you there.
I did two of the rips in question: Banjo Kazooie and Banjo Tooie and just uploaded my Banjo Kazooie Grunty's Revenge + Banjo Pilot gamerip. Kairyu, Tappy, and Yummyfishman should be putting them up on thier serves shortly as I am in the rather lengthy process of distributing all of my rips to thier servers. (I'm pretty sure Yummyfishman has already put them up)

Though I must admit - Ive been rather curious as to what happened to CubedWorld myself...

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
cubed
Knock knock who's there? Me! I keel you!

Member 858

Level 27.57

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2006, 05:30 PM #4 of 10
yeah me too.... err.. I mean.... ^^;;;

I had a problem with my computer, so I couldn't use it until my friend would help me out... and I never put it online since then....

I'm working on a new interface. and I might find a place to host the server (home servers can be slow sometimes... anyway, mine was for some people).

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Kaleb.G
Kaleb Grace

Member 13

Level 43.47

Feb 2006

Old Mar 23, 2006, 05:37 PM Local time: Mar 23, 2006, 02:37 PM #5 of 10
I could host the site on my ServInt virtual private server if you wanted, but I don't have room for all of those gamerips. I would mostly just like a place to find and submit information on game rips, personally. Your old site was good for this, and I assume your new one will be even better.

I was speaking idiomatically.
shadowlink56
Wii came, We saw, Wii kicked our ASS!

Member 2235

Level 20.07

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2006, 05:49 PM Local time: Mar 23, 2006, 04:49 PM #6 of 10
I think I was second on the amount of rips on that site for a long tie. I miss my little silver standing . . .
Anyway, if cubed redesigns the site, I'd want it to be a little more open to styles of rips, rather than the strict rules of format that existed before. My rips are always done 001-xxx, not by what songs fit on a cd. For me, that's a waste of time. I know some like it because it feels like a full OST, but I like knowing how many songs are in the game at quick glance.
I love seeing that WarioWare Twisted, for example, had 322 individual tracks, whereas my WarioWare Touched rip had 254 tracks. MAN those took a long time, and would take a VERY long time to post on the old cubed world site.
Perhaps a better way to do it would be to set up two formats and have rippers pick which one was best. Or, if a ripper didn't want to upload each track, just have a placeholder for a zip that would contain everything.

It's just something to think about cubed. Wanted to throw in my two cents!

Most amazing jew boots
cubed

Member 858

Level 27.57

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2006, 06:51 PM #7 of 10
well, the way I first designed the website was to provide the rips info, but then, people were complaining that they want to actually download the stuffs. And because I'm not all the time in front of my computer, I thought it would be a good idea to automate the website, so each rip uploaded will then be available live so I don't need to modify settings or pages themselves. But if people have different ways to label their tracks, the individual downloads feature won't be as effective.

I'm trying to figure out what I can actually do to please you *almost* without bad feedback..... but it's hard Maybe just put a simple check option for "Follow album standards" or "Use my own style", like you suggested... I'll see...

How ya doing, buddy?
Dubble
The Hero of Mouseton VS The Phantom Blot!

Member 297

Level 32.26

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2006, 10:24 PM Local time: Mar 23, 2006, 09:24 PM #8 of 10
Originally Posted by cubed
well, the way I first designed the website was to provide the rips info, but then, people were complaining that they want to actually download the stuffs. And because I'm not all the time in front of my computer, I thought it would be a good idea to automate the website, so each rip uploaded will then be available live so I don't need to modify settings or pages themselves. But if people have different ways to label their tracks, the individual downloads feature won't be as effective.

I'm trying to figure out what I can actually do to please you *almost* without bad feedback..... but it's hard Maybe just put a simple check option for "Follow album standards" or "Use my own style", like you suggested... I'll see...

You cant (and shouldnt) try to please everybody dude =\

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
cubed

Member 858

Level 27.57

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2006, 10:26 PM #9 of 10
But I want my website to be accessible to as much people as I can. It's more in that way I meant, cause I know it's impossible to please everybody. Cause I'd be in politics, instead =\

Jam it back in, in the dark.
shadowlink56
Wii came, We saw, Wii kicked our ASS!

Member 2235

Level 20.07

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2006, 12:54 AM Local time: Mar 23, 2006, 11:54 PM #10 of 10
Originally Posted by Dubble
You cant (and shouldnt) try to please everybody dude =\
I wasn't implying that he should. I was just giving suggestions so the site would be more user friendly to all ripper styles. I see very few that actually use the disc format that was preferred by the last site. It's Tappy's preferred method, but most just list it out.

Originally Posted by cubed
But I want my website to be accessible to as much people as I can. It's more in that way I meant, cause I know it's impossible to please everybody. Cause I'd be in politics, instead =\
That's good.
Consider that instead of having such a strict method (like with the disc naming and disc size), that all rips would fit into a more loose method.
Simply have it where you can list all the tracks you need with no disc info. Then those that use the separate disc method would just label out their rip, and it would be much easier for everyone. Let me give examples, I'm having a hard time putting it into words.
K, so I have my rip that's 198 tracks long, then I choose 198 tracks, fill in the titles, and upload the material. easy.
Now I have a rip that spans 3 discs with 50 tracks per disc. Most rippers that use this method will label them 01-50 for each disc. Instead of me reorganizing my entire rip, they'd just build it like this:
Disc 1:
etc.
Disc 2:
201-250
And so on. Actually, some rippers that use this method already number rips like this. It's less work for them than it is for me.
That's all I'm saying.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion > Cubed World-Whatever Happened to Them? (Plus, a few of their rips)