Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

DVD Error

Sepharite
The Source

Member 328

Level 29.80

Mar 2006

Old Aug 13, 2006, 09:48 PM #1 of 3
DVD Error

I burned a DVD, worked for a few days... and now my computer can't read it. Is there a way to access the files or are they completely gone. =/

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Want obscure Classical Music CDs? Search: http://www.lib.uwo.ca/ PM me the code, I'll rip it for ya [MAX 2 CDS/User]
spikeh
Chocobo

Member 1808

Level 9.89

Mar 2006

Old Aug 14, 2006, 11:51 PM Local time: Aug 15, 2006, 04:51 AM #2 of 3
Please provide error message and clarify: is the disc not regonised when inserted? Or are the files on the disc corrupted, but you can see the disc? Is the disc + or -, R or RW?

Try reading the disc in different drives first; if it can't be read in any of them, then it's the DVD. It is possible that the DVD was a bad burn and "spontaneously" deteriorated over a few days, though I've never experienced that phenomenon. If you have Nero, try using Nero CD/DVD Speed to analyse the disc to see if there are unreadable sectors. It could also be that the header is damaged, rendering the disc unreadable although the data is intact; recovery chances are high in those cases.

You could try and recover the data using software such as CDroller, though it probably won't recover everything. Try different software if that one doesn't work, Google is your friend.

Most amazing jew boots
LiquidAcid
Chocorific

Member 6745

Level 38.97

May 2006

Old Aug 15, 2006, 04:40 AM Local time: Aug 15, 2006, 10:40 AM #3 of 3
If you have a LiteOn drive or something compatible you could use KProbe to do a surface scan of the DVD.
For recovery try using ISOBuster, maybe with multiple drives (there is a recovery function that reads the data from whatever drive you put the disc in and merges the data together, so if you have one spot that drive A can't read but drive B can and another spot that drive A can read but B can't then you can use both drives to get your data).
So if you have access to more drives than one you should try that. Better doing a surface scan the next time you burn something

cya
liquid

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > DVD Error