Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Support > Board Support
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

ChocoJournal -> Version 2.87

bobo
Chocobo Ex-Owner

Member 1

Level 14.75

Feb 2006

Old May 29, 2006, 04:04 PM #1 of 13
ChocoJournal -> Version 2.87

The following has been added/changed to ChocoJournal:
  • Added a graphical representation (ChocoPie) that displays a list of the top 10 people commenting in your journal. To view it, go to any journal, and in the statistics box on the top of the journal, click the text that "XXXX Comments...[view stats]".
  • Added a graphical representation (ChocoPie) that displays the top 10 journals you comment in most. To view it, go to any journal, and in the statistics box on the top of the journal, click the text that "XXXX Has Made XXXX Comments".
  • If a user has an active journal and at least 1 entry, you can jump directly to their journal using the pop box that appears when you click on someone's username next to the their post.
  • If a user has an active journal at least 1 entry, a journal stats box will appear replacing the useless group memberships box in the user's profile. This box will display the last entry and some basic journal stats.
  • Mood box on the new entry page now supports 15 characters instead of 10 to allow usage of more smilies.
Let me know if you find any bugs or have any suggestions for future versions of ChocoJournal.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Lord Styphon
Malevolently Mercurial

Member 3

Level 50.41

Feb 2006

Old May 29, 2006, 04:12 PM Local time: May 29, 2006, 04:12 PM #2 of 13
The Chocopie for Replies doesn't work for me. I get a message saying it can't graph comments I've made.

I'm guessing that this is because I don't have a journal.

Most amazing jew boots
bobo
Chocobo Ex-Owner

Member 1

Level 14.75

Feb 2006

Old May 29, 2006, 04:16 PM #3 of 13
Yes, this is because you don't have a journal. Were you just trying to access to script by using your userid?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old May 29, 2006, 04:21 PM Local time: May 29, 2006, 02:21 PM #4 of 13
Thanks for the awesome work bobo!

Just curious if there's a "top number of journal entries created" feature that lists perhaps the top 10 members with the most entries, but then I might want to avoid always being at the top of the list, making oodles of entries per day. =/

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

- What we all do best -
Lord Styphon
Malevolently Mercurial

Member 3

Level 50.41

Feb 2006

Old May 29, 2006, 04:22 PM Local time: May 29, 2006, 04:22 PM #5 of 13
Originally Posted by bobo
Yes, this is because you don't have a journal. Were you just trying to access to script by using your userid?
It seemed the reasonable thing to do, especially since I could get my stats that way in the previous version.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Rydia
ambitious

Member 22

Level 30.86

Feb 2006

Old May 29, 2006, 05:01 PM Local time: May 29, 2006, 02:01 PM #6 of 13
It's good to have a link directly to a person's journal from their profile page. Thanks for adding that back.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE

no

Member 74

Level 51.30

Mar 2006

Old May 29, 2006, 05:13 PM Local time: May 29, 2006, 02:13 PM #7 of 13
Today's a good day for GFF. So terrific having all of this back. Thanks again, bobo.

Edit: Shit, I just found out I have 60 comments in Alice's journal. That's an almost stalker-ish amount.

FELIPE NO
nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Jun 3, 2006, 04:05 PM #8 of 13
One small bug I just noticed. In the comments, when you hold the mouse over "Profile", the pop up text box says "View Sakabadger's Profile", regardless of who the person is. Likewise, it also asks if I want to add Sakabadger to my buddy list. Those links don't actually take you to Sakabadger, but it's still funny.

How ya doing, buddy?
value tart
FROM THE FLOOR

Member 267

Level 49.52

Mar 2006

Old Jun 3, 2006, 10:29 PM #9 of 13
Everyone is Sakabadger's friend! That's not a bug, it's a feature!

Most amazing jew boots
Sir VG
Banned

Member 49

Level 25.67

Mar 2006

Old Jun 3, 2006, 10:47 PM Local time: Jun 3, 2006, 09:47 PM #10 of 13
Quote:
Everyone is Sakabadger's friend! That's not a bug, it's a feature!
Quote:
Relation You are not Sakabadger's buddy.
...LIES!

How ya doing, buddy?
Bigblah
Tails is incompetent!

Member 5

Level 45.31

Feb 2006

Old Jun 3, 2006, 10:47 PM Local time: Jun 4, 2006, 11:47 AM #11 of 13
Originally Posted by nuttyturnip
One small bug I just noticed. In the comments, when you hold the mouse over "Profile", the pop up text box says "View Sakabadger's Profile", regardless of who the person is. Likewise, it also asks if I want to add Sakabadger to my buddy list. Those links don't actually take you to Sakabadger, but it's still funny.
Okay, I've fixed the bug. Clicking the profile icon will now actually take you to Sakabadger's profile. Likewise, the buddy icon will add Sakabadger to your buddy list.

Let me know if there are any problems.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Jun 4, 2006, 02:52 PM #12 of 13
Excellent. Now all of GFF can stalk Sakabadger from the convenience of our own journals.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Support > Board Support > ChocoJournal -> Version 2.87