Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

24 Season 5 Discussion

Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 11:40 PM #1 of 496
I was mighty happy to see two explosions Monday. That was absolutely wonderful.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 06:53 PM #2 of 496
Wow. Just wow. Forty percent?! Now I understand why it said in TV Guide a few weeks ago that Homeland Security is going to get involved...

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2006, 06:26 PM #3 of 496
I was really wondering about Curtis. Didn't they say early in the episode that he'd get there in a half hour? So why didn't he arrive?

So Tony's dead. Wow. That was a rather disappointing way for him to go, especially since it isn't terribly clear that he did die.

I can't wait for those Homeland Security people get there and everyone still left from CTU get as mad as a March hare and demand to keep working. Hell, I expect Jack to shew that lady out quite harshly and possibly refuse to work for her. But, then again, maybe Homeland Security won't enact their plan until the place is cleaned up.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 08:19 PM #4 of 496
Not quite. Logan wants to stop the outbreak of nerve gas, but is unwilling to do anything that might jeopardize citizens' state of mind or safety. Although, like in the mall incident, he does seem to recognize that sacrificing a few to save thousands could work.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 06:15 PM #5 of 496
When did Curtis get back? I didn't see him arrive at CTU last episode, but there he was, prepping for a new assignment.

The plot is truly thickening. There are so many things going on that it's almost too hard to keep track. Each and every week I get more and more excited about how it'll all come together.

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by Acro-nym; Mar 21, 2006 at 11:39 PM.
Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2006, 05:48 PM #6 of 496
That has to go to be one of the greatest explosions I have ever seen on television. And it wasn't just one explosion, really. It was several miniature explosions culminating in the explosion of the main tank. Nice.

Do we really need more tension in CTU? Why can't there be more people, like Buchanan, who are normal? Stupid weird new girl...

Spoiler:
I don't know if this has been mentioned, but I honestly believe the VP is on this thing. He practically setup the people of Los Angeles to die. It was through his plan that the terrorists could've hit... what did Bierko say? Two hundred thousand? In any case, this could also explain why Wayne wants his arrival to be a secret. The VP, I forget his name at this moment, would have quite a bit to gain from this. I mean, if Logan loses power, who takes his place?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Apr 4, 2006, 06:44 PM #7 of 496
Originally Posted by RockgamerXIII
DId anybody see this guy? I think it's kind of silly for people to make a small little cameo on this and actually expect to get noticed. I didn't notice John McCain when he was on a while back, and I certainly didn't notice this guy.

But if anyone did notice this guy, who did he play? I just want to know since it says he had a speaking role.
I think his name was Jim Hill. He was the guy in the front with the Homeland Security people.

My belief is that the nerve gas and the President aren't related. Logan has been trying to glorify his presidency, as evidenced by his willingness to sign the treaty. To assist in this, I believe Logan contacted Henderson to create a terrorsit attack that the country could put down, providing proof of his "effective leadership." Keep in the mind that the nerve gas thing was supposed to be against Russia. Henderson probably orchestrated the Russians finding Walt's inside man and the whole gas complex blueprint thing. Logan simply had to agree with Hal's Martial Law proposition to make it easier for the attack to occur, all the while not knowing that the nerve gas plot was the very one he had set in motion (he's naive like that).

FELIPE NO
Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Apr 11, 2006, 04:51 PM #8 of 496
Well, maybe someone else has addressed these concerns, but wasn't Carrie (I think that's the new girl's name) from a lower branch of CTU? So how does she still have a job? Wasn't Chloe supposedly the only remaining member of the old team, per Audrey's request? And when did Bierko get back?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Apr 11, 2006, 05:56 PM #9 of 496
Maybe she thought that either Jack was going to get ahead of him or would outsmart him, possibly killing him. And what do you know? A few terrorists died because of it. So did a few officers and bank manager, but I digress.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Apr 12, 2006, 06:05 PM #10 of 496
Originally Posted by JazzFlight
Well, a lot of dumb things happened during that episode.

I totally called the fact that Evelyn was going to hit her head on something and keel over when she got up from the bed. I was telling my friend, "heh, I bet she falls and cracks her neck on something" and 2 seconds later... *TRIP* OH SHITS *CRACK*

So lame.
I don't think she cracked her head. I think she just passed out from the pain. I didn't see blood on her head or even a scratch. I clearly saw that she did not hit the table. So, no hitting "her head on something."

Most amazing jew boots
Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2006, 11:18 PM #11 of 496
Originally Posted by Morrigan
Even without making a copy, you'd think that a digital recording stored on a CELL PHONE would be easy to send over by email (or SMS, or phone, whatever) using the actual phone. That's quite irritating, especially since they always have the perfect gadget or software to read and analyze every sort of data (building schematics, security cameras of any building, traffic, satellite, decryption of any sort of data, etc.). And now, they are powerless to do anything with a digital recording and a cell phone.

I'm hoping Jack tossed over another cell phone, but maybe Henderson would have noticed too soon somehow and shot Audrey, and he wouldn't risk her... Hmm, we'll see.
I don't think anyone smart would send something this important across the Internet. There's no telling who could gain access to it if that occurred.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2006, 06:01 PM #12 of 496
I know many keep thinking about why they don't think to make a copy. The best I can figure is that a copy could be disproved in court as being falsified or something. A copy just doesn't hold as much merit as the original. Yes, they probably should have made a backup, given how important the information is. A copy is more evidence than they had before finding this recording. And once inside CTU, why would they think to copy it? They have no reason to believe that the recorder will be messed with there. Of course, Miles wouldn't have ever succeeded if Jack wasn't taking a break...

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2006, 07:33 PM #13 of 496
Originally Posted by JazzFlight
Hello?

This is CTU, the government building with the most moles, explosions, and assassination attempts in the world. Just a few hours ago it was filled with nerve gas. I don't think it's that secure.
Why would there be moles at this time? The CTU now is almost completely different from the CTU at the start of the season. In fact, there has only really been one mole this season, and he was working for a presidential aid. And within the episode, all threats had been neutralized. So really, there should have been no reason for those involved to suspect something bad might happen to the recording at CTU.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2006, 08:13 PM #14 of 496
Maybe the best explanation is that everyone was so focused on getting the real deal to the proper location that they neglected to make a copy.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > 24 Season 5 Discussion