Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

24 Season 5 Discussion

Hotobu
Good Chocobo

Member 5982

Level 14.90

Apr 2006

Old May 28, 2006, 01:42 AM #1 of 496
Originally Posted by Josh_1
I wonder who they will kill off? I just hope its not Chloe or Bill. They are my fav characters from CTU. I bet Audrey will die, though. And maybe his daughter? Who knows, anything can happen really.
That sounds like sarcasm to me. Anyway, if there's one thing 24 first episodes should have taught us all over the years is that they're unpredicatable. I remember when I was in this thread for season four and we all tried to predict how season 5 would start and none of us were even close. That being said I'll offer this. If you'll remember it was Logan who was the President during season 4. Seeing as he's going down as a traitor I'm sure something can reasonably be blamed on him and his actions.

As for the season 5 finale, I think it was pretty good. Not outstandingly great but certainly closer to that than it was bad. Although we've all come to expect a lot out of Jack Bauer, let's face it, expecting him to get a confession out of the president in 10 minutes was simply unreasonable. I thought in the back of my mind he might, but all things considered I knew it wasn't going to happen. It was well written. They gave Logan enough brains to be paranoid enough to believe that his wife had a listening device, but the twist was that it was on him, and all the while gave Jack the balls and power to kidnapp the goddamned president in the first place. Furthermore it was more appropriate to have him dragged off in the middle of his speech than to just mysteriously not make it. It's more embarrasing that way, and it also allows for the looks on his wife's and Mike's faces.

The Chinese's involvement was to be expected, but there was really no way around it. People were wondering about the Chinese before the season even started. The writers couldn't possibly have ended the season without them having a major footprint on it. The way they kidnapped him; even Jack has to let his guard down sometimes. I was suspect as soon as I didn't see a SPRINT cell phone brought to him and he was directed towards a generic LAN line, but meh it's plausable.

I say execpt the finale for what it was. Not groundbreaking, but certianly able to hold water, and look forward to season 6.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > 24 Season 5 Discussion