Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

24 Season 5 Discussion

Enter User Name
Chocobo

Member 510

Level 11.74

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 09:24 PM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 07:24 PM #1 of 496
Originally Posted by Rollins
Ah good call. I guess that's more implied but still, it's bordering on too convienent for my tastes. Plus, there's plenty of this day still left, which equals many chances for more crazy storyline twists.
Look up the word "Convenient" in the dictionary, and there should be a picture of 24 right next to it. If you've been watching the show long, you must know that things like that happen all of the time. Either way you look at it, where the boyfriend called terrorist or vice versa, it makes no sense. The most annoying convenient thing is how in almost every episode, someone has a gun pointed at someone, and is about to pull the trigger, and bam, he gets shot instead by someone else. F'N ANNOYING. But as long as 24 provides some actual surprises(and there have been quite a few this season I'm happy to say), I will enjoy it.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Enter User Name; Mar 7, 2006 at 09:27 PM.
Enter User Name
Chocobo

Member 510

Level 11.74

Mar 2006

Old Apr 4, 2006, 12:11 AM Local time: Apr 3, 2006, 10:11 PM #2 of 496
Spoiler:
That episode had kind of a big revelation in it. But if the president is behind the whole thing, then why when the President was having "private" conversations with Walt Cummings, did he have to pretend to not know anything about this?

I'm interested to find out how this plays out, but if it doesn't make perfect sense, I'm going to be pissed.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Enter User Name
Chocobo

Member 510

Level 11.74

Mar 2006

Old Apr 11, 2006, 10:29 PM Local time: Apr 11, 2006, 08:29 PM #3 of 496
Originally Posted by JazzFlight
Well, a lot of dumb things happened during that episode.

I totally called the fact that Evelyn was going to hit her head on something and keel over when she got up from the bed. I was telling my friend, "heh, I bet she falls and cracks her neck on something" and 2 seconds later... *TRIP* OH SHITS *CRACK*

So lame.

The writers also need a better reason for Logan's reasons behind everything. Geez, it being the same as Walt's reason is too stupid. Henderson was prepared to die (and cripple his wife) to keep the "secret."

Also, working in how and why Evelyn obtained the phone call is near-impossible. Especially when the call mentions the need to "take care of Walt" or whatever. That would mean that Evelyn SOMEHOW recorded the conversation off of the President's secret cell phone that he's using, and BEFORE Walt even got caught. THEN she had the time to drive over to this bank and deposit the digital recorder, THEN SOMEHOW HENDERSON found out about it and had Evelyn's daughter kidnapped...

TOO MUCH FUCKING RET-CON THAT DOESN'T FIT IN REALITY.
I called all of that too and also the bank manager getting shot, but Jack and Wayne being unscaved during their escape. But I've gotten used to the fact that there is too much predictable scenarios and too much logic thrown out the window. They've been doing it for the last 2-3 seasons. The worst predictable thing they do constantly is have Jack(or whoever) in a situation where a terrorist is about to pull the trigger on them, then at the last split second, the terrorist is shot by someone else. I FUCKING HATE THAT!

I still like this show, but it has really disappointed me for the last couple seasons, because of problems like this. It used to be my favorite show by far, now it's probably one of the least favorite shows that I always watch every week. I think they need to get some new writers with some new ideas. Other shows that I watch, like The Shield, The Sopranos, The Wire, and others, are almost never predictable, yet this show is plagued with predictablity and false logic almost every single episode. Oh well, maybe next season.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Enter User Name; Apr 11, 2006 at 10:32 PM.
Enter User Name
Chocobo

Member 510

Level 11.74

Mar 2006

Old Apr 12, 2006, 06:23 PM Local time: Apr 12, 2006, 04:23 PM #4 of 496
Originally Posted by Morrigan
You already said that earlier in the thread, didn't you? And I said that it's an ACTION MOVIE cliche, it's not specific to 24.
Forgive me for not remembering I posted it earlier in the thread, and forgive me for not reading every post in the thread so I didn't even read your comments on it being an Action Movie cliche. I agree that it isn't a specific cliche to 24, I never said it was. But I think of a season of 24 as a big long movie, and there have been 5 of them, and it happens several times a season. If you watch a single 2 hour Action movie and every 15 minutes they do that same cliche(which is probably the equivalent to how many times it happens in a season of 24), it would get old very quickly. I can't think of any movies that do that more than once the entire movie(there probably is 1 or 2 that do it twice). So since it think of a season 24 as a big long movie, if they do the same thing repeatedly many times per movie, plus they do it in every sequel, you better believe it's annoying.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Enter User Name
Chocobo

Member 510

Level 11.74

Mar 2006

Old Apr 12, 2006, 08:10 PM Local time: Apr 12, 2006, 06:10 PM #5 of 496
Originally Posted by RockgamerXIII
By this logic, that would be about eight times. Can you name eight moments in any season when this has happened?
Honestly, I can't name 8 times in a single season off the top of my head. That's not the point though. If it only happens 7 times, does that make it okay? The point is, it happens way too much, period. 3 times in a season is too much, let alone 5,6,7,8....every season.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > 24 Season 5 Discussion