Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

24 Season 5 Discussion

Rollins
"It's strips like this that differentiate us from Ziggy."

Member 51

Level 17.24

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 05:10 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 03:10 PM #1 of 496
Bah, forget all this talk about Jack Bauer. I'm telling you, Aaron will never be killed.

I'm just waiting for when Keifer asks for too much money (and mysteriously disappears with Audrey, like Kim and Chase) and they make a spinoff about Aaron's day.

Can't wait for the two hour goodness on Monday. Probably will have to resort to torrenting them though =/

Most amazing jew boots
Rollins

Member 51

Level 17.24

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 03:07 AM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 01:07 AM #2 of 496
Off-topic but, awesome = seeing Dennis Haysbert on SNL.

Oh spoilers, how you tempt me. But I resist! I'm trying to be pure for the coming 2 hour feast o_o

There's nowhere I can't reach.

| blog | last.fm | chocojournal = unnecessary |
Rollins

Member 51

Level 17.24

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 01:09 AM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 11:09 PM #3 of 496
Haha, whatever would you need something like that for?

Oh dear god, I agree with the feeling I get from the thread here, it was just all levels of awesome tonight O_O It seemed to have all the best parts of previous seasons crammed into one season. We were due for another attack on CTU anyway.

I'm wondering a little though, the terrorists kept saying that their purpose was never to set off the gas on American soil, but they obviously had enough information/plan to know that Lynn would be at CTU, to contact Lynn's sister's boyfriend to mug Lynn for his keycard, and have a building plan of CTU as well. That seems like a bit much preparation for something they just made up on the fly.

And I really wanna know what Henderson is hiding. He let his wife get shot and would even let her be crippled (props on good acting as well, his face was super red after she got shot) to hide his info.

Spoiler:
Too bad Tony will kill him.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Rollins

Member 51

Level 17.24

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 12:22 PM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 10:22 AM #4 of 496
Originally Posted by DBCE Slayer
OMFG that SOB Lynn. He should've reported that his bloody keycard was stolen earlier! But in the current situation, I'd say that they're screwed. They had better not kill off Jack's daughter. I'd be extremely pissed if that had ever happened.
I wouldn't be surprised to see Kim go, she had been out of 24 for two seasons now and they pretty much just brought her back for a ratings grab (nothing like hyping up your two hour block with a special guest star!). While it would be sad within the storyline, practically for the show, she could be easily written off since she's found success (well, moderate) outside of 24.

I mean shoot, they killed Palmer.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Rollins

Member 51

Level 17.24

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 07:24 PM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 05:24 PM #5 of 496
Originally Posted by RockgamerXIII
It was never really stated that the terrorists contacted Lynn's sister's boyfriend (did this guy have a name?). I actually thought it was the other way around, that the boyfriend knew what he had and then contacted some people who he thought would want it. I guess either way was feasible, though.
Ah good call. I guess that's more implied but still, it's bordering on too convienent for my tastes. Plus, there's plenty of this day still left, which equals many chances for more crazy storyline twists.

In regards to 24: The Game, after the brutal beating it took from IGN (who have rarely steered me wrong) I think I'll pass until the price goes down on it. Not really itching to pay 50 bucks on a game that most people see as average.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Rollins

Member 51

Level 17.24

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2006, 10:42 AM Local time: Mar 14, 2006, 08:42 AM #6 of 496
Originally Posted by JazzFlight
Are you really this stupid.

It's nerve gas, not cat poo smell.
Haha excellent. I sense a Season 6 storyline involving some sick cats.

Another good episode, I seriously could not see Tony dying, despite all my experience watching 24. I kept calling for Kim's death though, but it looks like I picked the wrong Season 1 star.

But seriously, he was probably easier to write out of the storyline than Kim was actually. He lost his wife, who we all know means a lot to him. I'm not just saying that for kicks, Tony committed treason for his wife. I'm surprised that he wasn't able to kill Henderson if anything. But if Tony happened to stay alive, he would just probably live out his days as a depressing, moping person who would contribute nothing except his eventual suicide. Great character, but he had nothing left to live for.

Good for Chloe for reverting to her sarcastic state oh so quickly. It just wouldn't be the same.

And I think any part of "How Jack Bauer are you" test should be if you can hold your breath as long as he could in the episode. If not, you're no Jack Bauer. (Take that useless internet surveys)

Most amazing jew boots

Rollins

Member 51

Level 17.24

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 01:18 AM Local time: Mar 20, 2006, 11:18 PM #7 of 496
Jack Bauer: Horrible for America's foreign policy.

In any case, another great episode, despite Jack Bauer possibly causing the deaths of thousands of Germans. How many surprises do they throw at us at the end of episodes? Give me a predictable ending at some point, haha.

What are the odds that Theo will come into play later in the day? He did get his own little section of the screen at the end of the episode.

FELIPE NO

Rollins

Member 51

Level 17.24

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 10:09 AM Local time: Mar 21, 2006, 08:09 AM #8 of 496
Guy who plays Desmond = Guy who plays Theo (Henry Ian Cusick)

All the big shows are coming together! I mean Palmer resurrected himself to be on "The Unit".

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Rollins

Member 51

Level 17.24

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2006, 01:51 AM Local time: Mar 27, 2006, 11:51 PM #9 of 496
Probably just wanted to show that Collette was idling her time being nervous and knew in the back of her mind that Jack would be back to get her. In any case, any breakout she was planning didn't really matter.

Looks like the beginning of a new story arc with Henderson as the main bad guy. I knew it was too well-planned for a simple "we'll attack America just because you didn't let us attack Russia" plan.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Rollins

Member 51

Level 17.24

Mar 2006

Old Apr 4, 2006, 12:22 AM Local time: Apr 3, 2006, 10:22 PM #10 of 496
I don't care if the whole gimmicky ending thing is being done over and over each episode, it still *works*. I'm so off on all my attempts to call whats going to happen next. I'm honestly surprised at each turn.

I pretty much thought it wasn't going to the be the VP after they gave him up a bit too easily during the course of the episode. Also, during one of the split-screen intros the VP was on his cell phone while Henderson was shown keeping watch for Evelyn (and not on his phone). Wouldn't make sense if the VP wasn't talking to Henderson at such a critical juncture.

Jazz brought up some points about Evelyn not consulting with the First Lady. Why would she consult with the First Lady? She obviously didn't want anyone to know about her daughter for her safety and telling the First Lady (with all her documented mental problems) she'd probably go right into the President's face with it, which would probably kill off the daughter.

I also agree that it was quite possible that Walt didn't know of the President's involvement. He was just taking orders from Henderson. Henderson was willing to let his wife be shot to hide the President's involvement, if it was something that Walt didn't need to know, Henderson wouldn't have told him.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by Rollins; Apr 4, 2006 at 01:07 AM.
Rollins

Member 51

Level 17.24

Mar 2006

Old Apr 5, 2006, 07:25 PM Local time: Apr 5, 2006, 05:25 PM #11 of 496
Originally Posted by nazpyro
Confirmed.

Spoiler:
Tony is alive.

Sources! I refuse to believe until I get sources! If what you're saying is true, then we've got some major reaching done here by the writers I feel.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Rollins

Member 51

Level 17.24

Mar 2006

Old Apr 10, 2006, 11:49 AM Local time: Apr 10, 2006, 09:49 AM #12 of 496
Shoot, Keifer's voice just demands you to pay attention.

Point in case, I now a Verizon phone (after having Spring PCS for awhile) and have a large desire to get an Apple with the Intel chip.

The only part missing from this puzzle is Allstate Insurance.

(By the way, has anyone taken a look at Kiefer's full name? You can find it on Wikipedia. Dear god, even his name kicks other names' asses).

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Rollins

Member 51

Level 17.24

Mar 2006

Old May 23, 2006, 12:01 AM Local time: May 22, 2006, 10:01 PM #13 of 496
Quote:
Did you really think we would forget?
Haha. That was pretty much the writers speaking to most of the 24 crowd who were bitching about the apparently lack of Chinese attention the whole season.

Bah! Chinese spies everywhere. I'm not that surprised.

I'm also calling it now. Aaron saves Jack. He's proven himself untouchable.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > 24 Season 5 Discussion