Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

24 Season 5 Discussion

Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 06:20 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 05:20 PM #1 of 496
Originally Posted by nazpyro
double Bauer hour
Best phrase ever.

Originally Posted by Bahamut Zero
Basically, the only guys are who have been in every season so far, is Jack, Tony, Novick, Palmer and Aaron. And right now it's just Jack, Novick and Aaron who have had roles throughout each season primarily.
Actually, Novick wasn't in season 3 at all. He got replaced by Wayne after he betrayed Palmer in season 2, remember? He didn't come back until about halfway through season 4, when Logan took over after Air Force One got hit. Sorry, I'm just a stickler for details.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 01:04 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 12:04 PM #2 of 496
Originally Posted by Enkidu
I actually like Logan, since he's the total opposite of Palmer, and at least he's human enough to make mistakes, although too many, which was something I missed with Palmer.
Well, Palmer did make mistakes (probably moreso in season 1 than in the other seasons), but overall he did a pretty good job, as opposed to Logan, who seems to do nothing but make mistakes. I do applaud the fact that they made both presidents have a stark contrast to each other rather than just making Logan a (white) cookie-cutter clone, but overall I still hate Logan's guts (probably more than I even hate most of the villains). I said it in another post, but I'll say it here too: It amazes me how the best fictional president of all time and the worst fictional president of all time manage to come from the same show.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 07:15 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 06:15 PM #3 of 496
Originally Posted by Lizardcommando
Or watch The Unit which will air on Tuesday on CBS.
I'm definitely gonna be watching that show, and mainly just because of Dennis Haysbert. If it wasn't because of him (and because it's also made by The Shield creator Shawn Ryan) I probaly wouldn't give the show a second glance.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 11:12 PM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 10:12 PM #4 of 496
Originally Posted by Simo
Spoiler:
"Fortunately, there's more going on in these 2 hours....and the death of a series vet"
Spoiler:
Not looking at the show, but just the outside circumstances, It's probably Audrey. I believe I heard that Kim Raver is filming a movie, and that she has also been added to the cast of a new show coming on this fall as well. Even if this specific instance isn't her, she'll probably be leaving soon anyway.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 11:31 PM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 10:31 PM #5 of 496
Originally Posted by Simo
Spoiler:
Well it's the "series vet" comment that caught me and Audrey isn't really a vet of the series considering she was only introduced in Season 4. It could be Tony since we know from the last preview he finally wakes up but I'd imagine the writers would try and go for the no-so-obvious choice.
Spoiler:
I see your point, but considering how a lot of people don't survive season to season (killed off or otherwise), some people consider anybody who was in a previous season a series vet. Whether it's Audrey or not though, this pointless killing off of regulars is getting pretty ridiculous. Two already killed, two almost killed, it makes it look like the writers are running out of ideas.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 10:22 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 09:22 PM #6 of 496
There's no way words can convey how I feel right now. Just know that that was the best two hours of TV so far this year!

First big OMG moment: Big pimpin Aaron Pierce! Man, you could tell he was enjoying that moment as much if not more than the first lady was. My love for that scene was even greater just because I hate Logan's guts, and becuse I think she's too good for him anyway. But man, that was so hella cool!

Second moment: Curtis running out of the hospital with the gas canister. I truly didn't know if he was gonna make it out of there or not in time, mainly because of all the idiots still standing in the hallway. I mean, what part of "Clear the hallway!" don't those people understand. A very suspenseful scene.

Third moment: Jack shooting Henderson's wife. I was truly shocked by this, moreso than all the other moments except the ending of the second episode. This was totally unexpected, as I just expected him to shoot Henderson himself like he would normally do. Truly jaw-dropping.

Fourth moment: Edgar's death. Holy fucking God that was totally unexpected. But everything starting from the cut back to the show from commercial up to the ending scene was perfect. I have to say, this attack on CTU was even scarier than the bombing from season 2, as we had to watch these people die while looking at Jack & Co. watch these people die. It felt terrible just watching the nobodies die, but to watch Edgar die (and to see Chloe almost cry like that) was truly the greatest shock of the whole two hours. By no stretch was he my favorite character, but that would have been a hard death to watch no matter which main cast member it was.

Not only were those moments good, but so was mostly every thing in between (though I have to admit that I still don't really care for this Bierko guy as the villain yet). But as great as those two hors were, next week looks like it could surpass it.
Spoiler:
I don't what the hell they were doing, but it looked very suspenseful sense they're trapped in CTU like that

If they can keep pulling shit off like these two episodes, season 5 may just pull up ahead on my season ranking list.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 10:50 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 09:50 PM #7 of 496
Originally Posted by Knighthawk
Spoiler:
Don't count on anyone like Kim, Barry, Bill, Chloe, or anyone else important making the "ultimate sacrifice", put your money on Lynn, basically because it will be redemption for him.
Spoiler:
Barry is important?

FELIPE NO
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 05:09 PM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 04:09 PM #8 of 496
Originally Posted by Rollins
I'm wondering a little though, the terrorists kept saying that their purpose was never to set off the gas on American soil, but they obviously had enough information/plan to know that Lynn would be at CTU, to contact Lynn's sister's boyfriend to mug Lynn for his keycard, and have a building plan of CTU as well. That seems like a bit much preparation for something they just made up on the fly.
It was never really stated that the terrorists contacted Lynn's sister's boyfriend (did this guy have a name?). I actually thought it was the other way around, that the boyfriend knew what he had and then contacted some people who he thought would want it. I guess either way was feasible, though.

And I wish their death scene would have had a little more detail to it. How did he manage to tie them both up? Hopefully it'll wind up as a deleted scene on the DVD.

Originally Posted by Man_of_Pie
and nobody really cared about that chick who went to check out the ventilation system either.
I hated that bitch, so I'm glad she died. She was just a cheap Chloe clone (which came out of nowhere), which we don't need since we already have one.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 10:07 PM Local time: Mar 13, 2006, 09:07 PM #9 of 496
You guys don't have to use spoilers since the episode already aired.

Anyway, I'm actually hoping that amybe Tony isn't dead, only because the silent clock wasn't used. I mean, if they used it for Edgar, it seems like it would be even more important to use it for Tony, since he's been there since season 1.

What I want to know is, when are they gonna release another soundtrack? That music they played when Lynn was out "sacrificing" himself was fucking excellent, plus there was also a whole bunch of music from the rest of the season and season 4 (especially in the finale) that was great as well. Hopefully we'll have one at the end of the season, and we won't have to wait until the end of season 6 or something.

Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 10:22 PM Local time: Mar 13, 2006, 09:22 PM #10 of 496
Yeah, Chloe surprised me in this episode, especially at the beginning when she cried. Even after all that just happened, I never expected to see her do that. I mean, I know she's still human and all, but it was just a shock coming from her. Of course, the yelling at Kim thing was classic, and so was her line to Barry (something like "Is breathing your solution to everything?") That was the Chloe I know and love <3.

Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 10:38 PM Local time: Mar 13, 2006, 09:38 PM #11 of 496
Originally Posted by B.K.
I'm pissed. My local Fox station cut to a commerical right after
Spoiler:
Lynn took his breath in the room. I missed his death scene. When they came back, Jack was saying something about computer files.
Are you sure it was a commercial, and not breaking news or something? If it really was a commercial, you should write a complaint to the station or something, because that's total bullshit.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 11:02 PM Local time: Mar 13, 2006, 10:02 PM #12 of 496
Originally Posted by Zeo
Exactly, and GOOD writers would use that to their advantage and try to show us what happens to him, how he moves on, what happens to his personality, because of what happened to Michelle.
Don't forget though, 24 takes place in one day. That kind of character development takes more than a couple of hours to happen.

Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 11:15 PM Local time: Mar 13, 2006, 10:15 PM #13 of 496
Originally Posted by Zeo
Which is why you don't kill him and see what he's like next season. :P
But then that really would be dragging his character out, and that would be kinda lame. After what happened this season to his character, the writers knew there was nothing else to do with him, so rather than drag him out for another season (he really didn't even need to be in this season at all, and since they killed him anyway they should have done it back in the first episode), they figured they might as well just kill him off (since, you know, people don't just retire or anything in this series, they always die or just mysteriously disappear).

Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 11:30 PM Local time: Mar 13, 2006, 10:30 PM #14 of 496
Originally Posted by Zeo
Exactly. :\

Predictable and unneccesary death.
But I just said it was necessary.

Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2006, 06:20 PM Local time: Mar 14, 2006, 05:20 PM #15 of 496
Originally Posted by jouhou
If you had to choose between cloth or no cloth, you're saying you'd choose no cloth.
No, what he's is saying (and what actually makes sense) is that it would make no difference either way, so what's the point? You could use the cloth, put your hand over your mouth and nose, bury your face inside your crotch, but either way you would still die.

And another thing about Tony that didn't make sense, why not just shoot him? He had to know that either way (shooting him or injecting him with that stuff) would make him look guilty, so why not just go with the more surefire method? It seems like that would have been more satisfying as well instead of just injecting him with some drugs.

FELIPE NO
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2006, 07:53 PM Local time: Mar 14, 2006, 06:53 PM #16 of 496
You're saying it's hopelessness, to just giving up, surrendering, it's not worth it??
When is struggling to live ever not worth your efforts?
Would you really surrender your life so willingly?
Would you rather lay down your weapon and inevitably die? or inevitably die fighting? What kind of person do you choose to be/live as?
Before this digresses any further, I'm simply saying Lynn should have tried even harder at staying alive even if death was inevitable. But this IS JUST a show and that's the way the producers wanted him to die and in a honorable way.
You still don't get it. It's like choosing to die by getting shot or die by getting stabbed. The point is, either way you're gonna die. Hope has nothing to do with it. What good is a cloth (which is full of holes, I might add) gonna do compared to a whole bunch of nerve gas?

Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 20, 2006, 10:07 PM Local time: Mar 20, 2006, 09:07 PM #17 of 496
If they had killed Wayne then this season would have had a ridiculously high body count, which is pretty bad since it's already about on par with season 3. Thank goodness they haven't killed him off (yet), but that still too close for comfort.

Next Week:
Can't wait for Jack to wig out on Audrey. Guilty or not, she needs a good Jack Bauer "interrogation".

Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2006, 12:03 AM Local time: Mar 21, 2006, 11:03 PM #18 of 496
Originally Posted by AC1
Behrooz and Dina were in a movie together last year too (don't remember the title)
I believe it was House of Sand and Fog. I haven't seen it, but I've wanted to ever since I heard they were both in it.

The thing I can't get past is why are the Homeland Security People so...evil. It seems like whenever any other organization takes control of CTU (like Division in the previous seasons, which makes me wonder why they didn't take over this time), they always have these misguided intentions. Can't one of these groups just want to help out their fellow allies for once?

Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2006, 10:14 PM Local time: Mar 22, 2006, 09:14 PM #19 of 496
I've thought about prequel seasons before, but it seems like it would be a little too late now. All the actors are obviously older now, so it really wouldn't look that good now. They also have the books now to cover stuff that happened before season 1.

Most amazing jew boots
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2006, 06:25 PM Local time: Mar 23, 2006, 05:25 PM #20 of 496
Originally Posted by nazpyro
And, the last season will be the 24-hour battle of Chuck Norris and Jack Bauer. It'll be amazing.
That battle would only be a minute long. The rest of the 23 hours and 59 minutes would consist of a close-up of Chuck Norris's grave, plus commercials. Why lie?

Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 27, 2006, 10:04 PM Local time: Mar 27, 2006, 09:04 PM #21 of 496
Jack Bauer is the greatest man alive. Nothing more to say.

Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 27, 2006, 10:17 PM Local time: Mar 27, 2006, 09:17 PM #22 of 496
What did they inject into Audre? Isn't is just truth serum?
Somehow I doubt that. 'The guy with the needles' has been a mainstay in the series, and everybody seems to be scared of him. This, along with the fact that everybody he encounters always winds up in pain, makes me believe that it's more than just truth serum (besides, Tony died from one of his needles, which also makes it look like more than just truth serum).

Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 27, 2006, 11:05 PM Local time: Mar 27, 2006, 10:05 PM #23 of 496
Yeah, I just thought that guy was a real prick at first, but now it seems like that lady is a crazy bitch.

FELIPE NO
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 27, 2006, 11:17 PM Local time: Mar 27, 2006, 10:17 PM #24 of 496
Originally Posted by Jan
Nah. I still think he is a prick. He was a prick even before she arrived so. :P
True, I forgot about that. But still, crazy sexual harassment lady is way worst than him.

Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 06:06 PM Local time: Apr 3, 2006, 05:06 PM #25 of 496
Originally Posted by Zeo
Spoiler:
omfg at the ending.
You know that could be applied to almost any episode of 24, right?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > 24 Season 5 Discussion