Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

24 Season 5 Discussion

JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 06:12 PM #1 of 496
Originally Posted by Bahamut Zero
NO I was relating to the guy in SEASON 2, not season 5 assasination guy.

They left him out in the blue, but maybe 24 the game will clear him up.
They cover Max in the video game.

I'm pretty sure he's apprehended / killed, but I'm only half-way through the game so far.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 09:16 PM #2 of 496
Originally Posted by Man_of_Pie
I saw this clip from one of the previous seasons of 24. (I only got into 24 around the middle of the 3rd season) Well anyway the clip had some dude hook up to some crazy ass machine with all these asian fellers yelling at him. I think there was also some really hot asian neo-nazi chick with a whip or something just walking around and looking sexy. Well anyway what was that whole thing about?
That sounds like the very first scene in Season 2, I believe.

Someone was getting tortured in South Korea and gave up information that said that a nuclear attack on America was going to happen within the day. That's about it.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by JazzFlight; Mar 3, 2006 at 09:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 01:53 AM #3 of 496
Originally Posted by tenzor
fox.com has a clip of the first 15/20 seconds of mondays 2 hour special. If you go to www.fox.com, and at the bottom by the media player just press the icon with the 24 logo and it should play.
Spoiler:
Ugh, why did Buchanan have to lie to Tony. Geez. That'll just get Tony pissed off and have a mental break-down later.

Most amazing jew boots
JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 10:08 PM #4 of 496
Haha, Edgar.

Spoiler:
More like DEAD-gar.

Most amazing jew boots
JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 11:25 PM #5 of 496
Originally Posted by CloudNine
Spoiler:
Ahem..therapist. Not necessarily boyfriend.
I thought that too, but nah, it's boyfriend. "Boyfriend that is 20 years older than her." He said so in an interview on the news after 24.

I'm guessing the writers chose him because:
1. She was missing a romantic part of her life (Chase left).
2. She was missing a father figure (her dad "died").

I was speaking idiomatically.
JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 07:30 AM #6 of 496
Originally Posted by tenzor
How do I hide spoilers? I want to talk about next weeks preview, but I don't want to spoil it for anyone who doesn't want to read it. Do I hightlight my text and change the font color?
No, type [ spoil] or [ spoiler], then [ /spoil] or [ /spoiler].

Just without the space.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 10:27 PM #7 of 496
From a leaked NYTimes article, it seems that Tony was originally supposed to be killed off at the beginning of the season with Michelle, but Carlos Bernard suggested that he follows up his character's story with some sort of "revenge" plot.

Guys, he was marked for death from the beginning of S5, this is just a much more appropriate, tragic end. His words, "she's gone, Jack" were just so emotional, and in these past episodes, Carlos has shown more acting chops than any other season (instead of his constant "yeah"s with the speaking-out-of-the-bottom-of-the-jaw style).

I do agree that he deserved a silent clock, though. I wouldn't argue for a silent clock for Palmer and Michelle because it's only intended to be used if the death happens at the END of the episode, when the event is fresh.

FELIPE NO
JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 10:33 PM #8 of 496
Originally Posted by B.K.
I'm pissed. My local Fox station cut to a commerical right after
Spoiler:
Lynn took his breath in the room. I missed his death scene. When they came back, Jack was saying something about computer files.
That's too bad, his was the most talented death scene out of Edgar, Red Shirt, and himself.

You could tell he was a better actor. Louis Lombardi (Edgar) looked like he had no idea what the symptoms of nerve gas would be. His death was just "stop, act like you just gagged on your breath, then fall over," while Lynn's tossed in twitching and fetal position. Thumbs up, very emotional.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 10:53 PM #9 of 496
Originally Posted by Zeo
Ladies and gentleman, 24 just jumped the shark.

In one episode, they ruined what was turning into the best season yet.

What horrible and lazy writing. Okay, we get it, anyone can die at any time. That doens't mean you should just kill countless people for shock value. And you DON'T kill the MOST LIKED CHARACTER on the show that isn't Jack in such a cheap bitch way, like he's just a trash character that doesn't matter.

Not only that, but Robocop just fucking WAKES UP and overpowers Tony? Um, NO. It doesn't work that way.

Shame on the writers.
Thing is, where would Tony go from here? Become an agent again? He's completely devestated about Michelle, I don't think he'd be able to recover for a long time, and he probably wouldn't want to be involved in national security again.

Secondly, I don't think long-running characters ever have "saving everyone with their last breath" deaths. Those redeeming deaths are for characters that everyone's HATED up until now.

Thirdly, as I've mentioned, Tony was just supposed to die with Michelle in episode 1 of Season 5. Be glad he's been able to develop his character a little further.

24 can't jump the shark. Jack Bauer ate the shark long ago. Now 24 can only jump the water, and that doesn't mean anything.

Most amazing jew boots
JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old Mar 14, 2006, 12:28 AM #10 of 496
Originally Posted by jouhou
And why didn't Lynn try breathing through the cloth he had?
It's not gonna save him but it's better than breathing without it.
Are you really this stupid.

It's nerve gas, not cat poo smell.

JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old Mar 14, 2006, 01:45 AM #11 of 496
Originally Posted by Hantei
BTW, what was the section/department that's going in to take over CTU's operation? I didn't really catch the name.
Department of Homeland Security. It's what Bush set up after 9/11, remember?

I can forgive you because you're Canadian.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old Mar 14, 2006, 02:41 PM #12 of 496
I can definately see your points.

I loved the music in this episode, though. The last 15 seconds of the episode, where Jack is completely losing it and hugging Tony with this tragic, slightly choral music playing, is one of my most memorable scenes from the series.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old Mar 14, 2006, 10:53 PM #13 of 496
Originally Posted by xman25
Am I the only one who feels like we are not getting to know the bad guy(s) as well during this season than in past seasons? It just seems to me that by this point in the season we knew a lot about past bad guy(s), but not the current one(s). Has Bierko given any specifics on why he didn't want the treaty signed? I remember him saying something like "I've worked too hard for this to happen." How is the treaty going to affect him? Have I missed something? I know we still have 11 more episodes to go and we can learn something, but I think we should have more information by now.

xman25
Well, I figure that once we break Henderson, we'll find out a huge plot along with a second set of baddies. I mean, with the terrorists planning to blow all of the nerve gas in one shot, there has to be another threat later on.

JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old Mar 23, 2006, 09:19 PM #14 of 496
Originally Posted by nabhan
Thanks for spoiling that for me, fucker. I just started season 2.
No, no, no. You misunderstand.
The reference to Desmond means, "it looks like the actor got off the island and went to L.A. to meet Jack Bauer," not "in the latest episode of Lost, this is what happened."

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old Mar 27, 2006, 10:48 PM #15 of 496
Originally Posted by nazpyro
Spoiler:
Tony is alive.
Spoiler (highlight to read):
Uh, where'd you take that from? He's dead.

Anyhow, good episode by the end. I knew we were going to wrap up this villain and go onto Henderson.

Spoiler:
So, for next week, it looks like that Asian woman will reveal that there is another man "behind EVERYTHING." Too bad I already figured out who it is.

Press for my theory:
Spoiler:
Mike Novick.
Yeah, that's right. AND I bet he killed Walt Cummings and made it look like a suicide. This guy is probably the head of the "patriots" who are trying to make America come out on top.

Plus, it would make sense that Palmer knew about it, since he knew Mike.

FELIPE NO
JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 05:38 PM #16 of 496
Originally Posted by Zeo
Just so you know tonight...

Spoiler:
omfg at the ending.
I don't want to know any spoilers, but how'd you get early access to the episode/info?

JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 09:05 PM #17 of 496
Ugh, talk about jumping the shark.

This latest twist just made most of the season not make any sense.

Why would Walt then hide himself from the president? Why would he (right before Jack interrogated him in the office) reveal his mission to the president when they were both "patriots" to begin with. And where does the president get the time to have all these secret personal calls with Henderson/whoever else. This is pretty silly.

And if the Asian assistant knew about the President being in on it, why wouldn't she have confirmed with Mrs. Logan? Ugh, this involves a lot of ret-conning going on in the earlier episodes this season.
Season 1 stuff:
At least with Nina being a traitor, it still kinda worked out if you looked back.

If it was Mike Novick, it would have made a lot more sense and still have been a twist (as I guess the writers were making the vice president out to be the bad guy).

Last edited by JazzFlight; Apr 3, 2006 at 09:08 PM.
JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 09:14 PM #18 of 496
Originally Posted by Knighthawk
I think you have to be patient and dont assume things about the show, clearly you are wrong most of the time anyway. 99% of the time..it will be explained...and you will think "oh wow, that does make sense".
Nah, there are a lot of times that 24 just glosses over things and drops storylines if they're not going anywhere.

Small example, Behrooz being rescued in Season 4 was dropped out, instead only becoming a deleted scene.

Big mystery: No one ever knows what Jack said to Nina in Season 2 when she was being led away.

Other question: When did the terrorists call the Asian assistant about her daughter? Recently, or all day? She was certainly calm up until this episode.

I'm just annoyed that essentially they're writing the season as it goes along and not considering when their plot twists contradict earlier scenes.

JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old Apr 11, 2006, 06:05 PM #19 of 496
Originally Posted by RacinReaver
Yeah, but we all knew that she was going to die as soon as he busted down the door (as did her daughter, evident by her screaming). Why would she even talk in the first place?

Also, I felt like a completely heartless bastard for shouting DON'T CALL 911! DON'T CALL 911!!!! at my TV during that scene.
Well, a lot of dumb things happened during that episode.

I totally called the fact that Evelyn was going to hit her head on something and keel over when she got up from the bed. I was telling my friend, "heh, I bet she falls and cracks her neck on something" and 2 seconds later... *TRIP* OH SHITS *CRACK*

So lame.

The writers also need a better reason for Logan's reasons behind everything. Geez, it being the same as Walt's reason is too stupid. Henderson was prepared to die (and cripple his wife) to keep the "secret."

Also, working in how and why Evelyn obtained the phone call is near-impossible. Especially when the call mentions the need to "take care of Walt" or whatever. That would mean that Evelyn SOMEHOW recorded the conversation off of the President's secret cell phone that he's using, and BEFORE Walt even got caught. THEN she had the time to drive over to this bank and deposit the digital recorder, THEN SOMEHOW HENDERSON found out about it and had Evelyn's daughter kidnapped...

TOO MUCH FUCKING RET-CON THAT DOESN'T FIT IN REALITY.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old Apr 19, 2006, 10:31 PM #20 of 496
Originally Posted by DBCE Slayer
Do you think that Jack took the tape out of the recorder. Cause he's smarter than to just throw the recorder with the tape over to Henderson.
I don't think it's a tape-based recorder, I think it was a digital voice recorder.

That being said, I also don't know why they couldn't have made a copy.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old Apr 19, 2006, 10:49 PM #21 of 496
The other silly thing is that in Season 2, a nerd made a program that could fake any voice in an audio conversation with no detection. So... in 24 world, how much weight would a recording have?

Yeah, let's just forget about that, I guess.

I think it would have been the most bad-ass scene in all of 24 if when Logan asked Heller (in front of the vice president), "...and where is this evidence?", Heller pulls the audio player out of his pocket, showing that he fooled everyone about the location of the actual one (and the one that Henderson had was a fake).

Kinda like in Season 1 when Palmer fooled his wife about the location of the actual mini audio tape.

Last edited by JazzFlight; Apr 19, 2006 at 10:52 PM.
JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old Apr 20, 2006, 07:54 PM #22 of 496
Originally Posted by Morrigan
Even without making a copy, you'd think that a digital recording stored on a CELL PHONE would be easy to send over by email (or SMS, or phone, whatever) using the actual phone. That's quite irritating, especially since they always have the perfect gadget or software to read and analyze every sort of data (building schematics, security cameras of any building, traffic, satellite, decryption of any sort of data, etc.). And now, they are powerless to do anything with a digital recording and a cell phone.

I'm hoping Jack tossed over another cell phone, but maybe Henderson would have noticed too soon somehow and shot Audrey, and he wouldn't risk her... Hmm, we'll see.
Just pointing out:

...the voice recorder wasn't a cell phone. It appeared to be a digital voice recorder (or a mini-tape recorder).

Most amazing jew boots
JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old Apr 21, 2006, 08:03 PM #23 of 496
Originally Posted by a_naz
Okay, that program from Season 2 doesn't fake a voice, it can fake a conversation, i.e. the words (or the sounds) have to have been said by the sources. Then it could be supposedly seamlessly rearranged as desired, to create an undetectable fake recording.
Uh, right.

But it's incredibly easy to get audio of the president, and you could just fake another voice for Henderson.

FELIPE NO
JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old Apr 24, 2006, 10:13 PM #24 of 496
Originally Posted by nazpyro
So the President says "Henderson"? WHO KNEW?
As was said before, the person only needs to say certain "phonemes" (I think thats the term). Basically it's each consonant and vowel sound, so that any word can be made up in a speech synthesis program.

JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old May 1, 2006, 09:20 PM #25 of 496
Pretty good episode, nice "victory" scene when Jack finally got the recording at the end.

REALLY stupid how they're not playing the file over the phone to Chloe/CTU/etc... Geez, suddenly they're making it seem like audio can't be copied in "24 world."

Oh, and gotta love the comedic Chloe zapping scenes.

for next episode:
I wondering what kind of pilot would shoot down a passenger plane even with the President ordering it, while CTU says to NOT shoot down the plane. Is Logan going to spin the event as if they're planning to crash the plane into a building?

It seems like Logan has King-like powers... everyone just fucking listens to his every whim. Maybe Mike Novick will step in and kick his ass.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > 24 Season 5 Discussion