Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Silent Hill movie

Syphex
Carob Nut

Member 726

Level 6.05

Mar 2006

Old Mar 27, 2006, 07:27 PM Local time: Mar 27, 2006, 05:27 PM #1 of 608
Quote:
Well, I don't think so, since Harry is on the website and The Silent Hill Collection doesn't contain the first game.
Something to do with the fact that it's a PS1 game, I presume. No other reason to leave it out. Maybe it would have been hard to package it in since most likely they're going to make a box for 2, 3, and 4?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Syphex
Carob Nut

Member 726

Level 6.05

Mar 2006

Old Apr 7, 2006, 03:47 PM Local time: Apr 7, 2006, 01:47 PM #2 of 608
Quote:
I'm not a fan at all of the "I am the Reaper" trailer.
I am absolutely POSITIVE she said "I am the Rebirth" because I saw that trailer (or, perhaps another trailer--can't remember, but she definately said the line) in a commercial on TV. Her voice was quite clear.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Syphex
Carob Nut

Member 726

Level 6.05

Mar 2006

Old Apr 16, 2006, 10:07 PM Local time: Apr 16, 2006, 08:07 PM #3 of 608
Quote:
But now I'm wondering if including the original music from the games and putting them in the movie is the greatest idea. Don't get me wrong, the music in SH 2-4 can easily pass in a film, but the problem is the songs themselves. Practically all the music in the SH series is context-sensitive to the games they were made for. The song used in the trailers, for example works great at the situation it was originally intended for (the piano melody played when you meet Angela in the hotel), but the question is whether it can work in a totally seperate story and situation.
You're right, but I think you might be a little pessimistic about this. I mean, I didn't really like promise (reprise) used in the TV trailer (Reminded me too much of Angela) But I think they can definately pull it off. i.e. One of the movie clips featured the piano part of "Innocent Moon" during a conversation between 2 characters, and another clip actually played "Letter ~ From the Lost Days" in the car! (If you've played SH3, you'd know that this played in a car with Heather & Douglas)

So I personally think they'll do a great job with music. (Pray they'll put in "betrayal" for PH, that would kick ass)

Quote:
I was all for Yamaoka's music being used, but to have the entire soundtrack consist of previous music? It almost feels like a way to save money. I would have preferred a whole new soundtrack composed by Yamaoka.
Hmm, I actually really like it like this, cheap way out or not. It's very nostalgic for me when I hear that.. (I've definately smiled when Black Fairy was played for a few seconds in a trailer)

This movie couldn't come any sooner. =D

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > Silent Hill movie