Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Silent Hill movie

reflectiVe
R.I.P., J. Dilla. (Jay Dee)

Member 5717

Level 7.21

Apr 2006

Old Apr 26, 2006, 04:03 AM Local time: Apr 26, 2006, 02:03 AM #1 of 608
I saw this movie on the day of release and...

Spoiler:
I seriously wish they would have had more dark world scenes! The ending of this movie didn't really impress me...To be honest I was actually waiting for Samiel. This movie was originally 3 hours, so we'll see if the DVD is worthy to make the movie better! Like everyone else, once I saw Pyramid head, I seriously asked "Where is James?" He isn't their manifestation! I kind of felt as if the director took the Silent Hill into the way he saw it. I came into this movie, especially after the first dark scene, trying to add these monsters together. The janitor, the babies in the beginning (some how a form of regret with her child), Pyramid head (which I just ignored), straight-jacket man...etc.

I do wonder though..In the beginning, did everyone die? (Disclude those in the physical SH) The ending somewhat suggests. But once they were entering the town ash was already falling. I like how Rose was a vessel for revenge but the ending somewhat confuses me. Are they dead? Is the devil purposely keeping her in Silent Hill? My biggest assumption is that they died, along with Cybil.

Also, did anyones audience here annoy you? I had people laugh at parts that were NOT funny. I had one dumb girl behind me say "whats going on" every 10 minutes. I swear to god I gave her a piece of gum and asked her to chew on it so she would STFU.

Most amazing jew boots

This is message is dedicated to real Hip-hop
reflectiVe
R.I.P., J. Dilla. (Jay Dee)

Member 5717

Level 7.21

Apr 2006

Old Apr 27, 2006, 01:43 AM Local time: Apr 26, 2006, 11:43 PM #2 of 608
Originally Posted by SemperFidelis
At retrospect and since you guys mention it, I was easily the rudest motherfucker ever. I had too high expectations of the movie. I expected believable acting, a coherent plot, and the kind of fear and anxiety one feels while turning into a dark and ominious corner of the Silent Hill games. The movie failed to deliver on all parts, as the monsters were more humorous then frightening, the dialogue inexcusably bad and therefore hilarious, and it loved detracting from moments where I was just about gaining interested by switching to the scenes with the husband. The husband scenes were necessary, but they could have been placed better in the film. Also, were the gyrating nurses really necessary? Was that really meant to frighten anyone? Was that a joke? Because I definitely interpreted it that way. Big-breasted, undead nurses with short skirts that starts moving when a light is shone and freezes when the light is turned off is NOT SCARY. A dead fucker named Colin with outstanding abilities in postmortem yoga is NOT SCARY. There were too many random elements mashed together and it left a bad aftertaste in my mouth. The movie was basically a message against religious fanaticism fortified by the use of sadistic torture fueled by personal vengeance. What the fuck is that? So yes, hate me, I laughed throughout the entire film while everyone else was quiet and "scared".
Well, I can say this movie was coherent in many parts, but the whole "Silent Hill" franchise was never actually supposed to be easy to catch on to, was it? Of course you'll get the plot, but there are plenty side details to help support the story. In the end I must agree with everyone else when they say this: "Get recruited already."

There's nowhere I can't reach.

This is message is dedicated to real Hip-hop

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > Silent Hill movie