Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Silent Hill movie

Mobius One
X

Member 2171

Level 19.11

Mar 2006

Old Apr 5, 2006, 12:17 PM Local time: Apr 5, 2006, 01:17 PM #1 of 608
Is this the same thing as The Silent Hill Experience for PSP?

http://psp.ign.com/objects/801/801059.html

It's not really a game, but a digital interactive comic book in the style of the Metal Gear Digital Graphic Novel, and features a few movies and SH music. I think it uses the SH comics that have already been done, it's not a new comic.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

[ MOBIUS ]
Mobius One
X

Member 2171

Level 19.11

Mar 2006

Old Apr 8, 2006, 03:07 PM Local time: Apr 8, 2006, 04:07 PM #2 of 608
Oh my God, that 10 minute clip blew me away. The Patient Demon is awesome. Pyramid Head = total badass. They really nailed it I think. That clip removed all doubts I had. It's amazing how good they got the sets and demons to look without CGI. I was worried that they wouldn't look good, you can't really tell from the TV spot. The only real CGI in the movie seems to be the transitions into the otherworld. Now I can't wait for this movie!

There's nowhere I can't reach.

[ MOBIUS ]
Mobius One
X

Member 2171

Level 19.11

Mar 2006

Old Apr 8, 2006, 09:53 PM Local time: Apr 8, 2006, 10:53 PM #3 of 608
Here are some links to download some even better quality versions of Starz on the set, "the making of Silent Hill".

This first one is 147 mb .divx version from some guy's mac homepage:
http://homepage.mac.com/matthewvern/FileSharing10.html

This one is a .avi version compressed from the first version to 96 mb, still the same resolution and still very good quality. Here are the Rapidshare and Megaupload links depending on which one you prefer using (both are annoying):

-Rapidshare: http://rapidshare.de/files/17526779/...ncode.avi.html

-Megaupload: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=38BJDHDH

This is a cool SH music video someone made from SH1-3:
http://www.youtube.com/w/Silent-Asyl...page=1&t=t&f=b
I like that song, does anyone have it?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

[ MOBIUS ]
Mobius One
X

Member 2171

Level 19.11

Mar 2006

Old Apr 9, 2006, 02:11 AM Local time: Apr 9, 2006, 03:11 AM #4 of 608
Time to flood the internet with SH animated gifs!

Spoiler:

You can see the string! LOL. If you showed this to someone that didn't know it wasn't final they would think SH is going to be crap.

Larger 624 kb version here

I had to apply some Lossy to reduce the file sizes, and it just made them look more like Silent Hill! If you beat the internet you can unlock a hidden "remove noise" option!

Here's a Jacob's Ladder one I did a few months ago just for comparison:

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

[ MOBIUS ]
Mobius One
X

Member 2171

Level 19.11

Mar 2006

Old Apr 9, 2006, 03:35 AM Local time: Apr 9, 2006, 04:35 AM #5 of 608
I found it at my Blockbuster AND on DVD. That's where I was able to rip the scene that Mr. shakey head was in. That's the best scene in the movie, and it's ALOT like SH. The rest of the movie isn't so much like Silent Hill in terms of visual style. Really memorable part:

Spoiler:

(Fastened to operating table)
Jacob: "Get me outa here"
Doctor: "Where do you want to go?"
"Home"
"This is your home. You're dead"
"I'm not dead"
"What are you then?"
"I'm ALIVE!"
*NEEDLE!*

Infact I still have that scene. I'll upload it to Rapidshare for anyone that's interested:

Jacob's Ladder insane hospital scene

(sorry for the long file name, I converted it in a program that gave it a long name. It's a 50 mb quicktime .mov)
It's just the insane hospital scene. If you haven't seen the movie it may or may not be considered a spoiler. It's not so much a plot spoiler as you will have no idea what's going on (and everything leading up to it has nothing to do with it), but it's a sort of spoiler in the sense that it's the best part of the movie and the rest of the movie might seem a little boring or mild in comparison.

I was speaking idiomatically.

[ MOBIUS ]

Last edited by Mobius One; Apr 9, 2006 at 02:11 PM.
Mobius One
X

Member 2171

Level 19.11

Mar 2006

Old Apr 11, 2006, 01:54 AM Local time: Apr 11, 2006, 02:54 AM #6 of 608
No directors cut? Oh well, at least I know it'll be safe to buy on DVD when it first comes out. None of this initial release then wait 'till Christmas and *bam* expensive Special Edition crap.

May I present rape: the emoticon:

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

[ MOBIUS ]
Mobius One
X

Member 2171

Level 19.11

Mar 2006

Old Apr 12, 2006, 02:48 PM Local time: Apr 12, 2006, 03:48 PM #7 of 608

FELIPE NO

[ MOBIUS ]
Mobius One
X

Member 2171

Level 19.11

Mar 2006

Old Apr 12, 2006, 03:06 PM Local time: Apr 12, 2006, 04:06 PM #8 of 608
It's not just the fact that content from the game was changed, Doom just plain sucked as a movie. Looking at it as a movie goer and as a player of the games, there was nothing I liked about Doom from either perspective. It was just an aweful movie. Silent Hill on the other hand looks like it will be an enjoyable film for those that have never played the games, which is exactly what a videogame movie should do.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

[ MOBIUS ]
Mobius One
X

Member 2171

Level 19.11

Mar 2006

Old Apr 16, 2006, 12:02 AM Local time: Apr 16, 2006, 01:02 AM #9 of 608
Originally Posted by a_gerontophile
Seeing it at a movie theater with perhaps other people in it. Going to buy a ticket and popcorn and a soda and then have my ticket ripped in half and given back the stub and then I'm going to walk down the corridor to the theater room and wait and watch ads while people come in and take seats. Then previews are going to start and I might be amused at one or two of them. Then the movie will stat, and I will watch it with my eyes. Then credits will come on and people will begin to leave. I will sit there until the credits are over just to avoid a crowd. Then I will get up and exit the theater corridor and leave the theater and begin to walk back home on the sidewalk and streets.
And then you will be alone on the sidewalk and you will not be able to see anybody. And then it will get foggy and you will begin seeing things in the fog and hearing strange noises. Then you will hear a siren and the world will go black. You will wake up in the theater alone and will watch the movie again. When you try to leave a second time, you will find that all the roads leaving are blocked. You will not be able to leave the theater. And that's when you find a lead pipe...

(popcorn SketchTheArtist)

Jam it back in, in the dark.

[ MOBIUS ]
Mobius One
X

Member 2171

Level 19.11

Mar 2006

Old Apr 16, 2006, 05:14 PM Local time: Apr 16, 2006, 06:14 PM #10 of 608
Very nice. Yeah, this movie is looking better all the time.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

[ MOBIUS ]
Mobius One
X

Member 2171

Level 19.11

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2006, 02:07 AM Local time: Apr 21, 2006, 03:07 AM #11 of 608
Originally Posted by Tritoch
Again, could someone fill me in on what is the basic gist of the end of Silent Hill 1
I just found this:
http://www.absolute-playstation.com/...walkshill6.htm

I just beat the first SH game for the first time tonight, and I found that I barely knew anything in that analyis. Where is all that information coming from? Surely we're not supposed to infer all that about the cult and the demons from the story of the game, which barely tells us anything. Did I miss some chunks of story somewhere, or is this information coming from other official outside sources?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

[ MOBIUS ]
Mobius One
X

Member 2171

Level 19.11

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2006, 03:05 PM Local time: Apr 21, 2006, 04:05 PM #12 of 608
Just saw it. Wow! I freakin' loved it! But I'm also a SH fan. I really don't think this movie is for poeple that have never played the games before. Nobody should go into this expecting a scary movie. It's more of a modern macabre movie which features horror elements. It's easily the best videogame movie ever made, but that's not saying much if you don't play games.

To those that have seen it:
Spoiler:
I found this movie much easier to understand than SH1. People shouldn't be confused, is it really that hard to understand that they never leave their own world at the end?

Like everyone else, I feel that there should have been more Pyramid Head. But I don't feel that he was just there as a nod to the fans. The way I interperet it is that PH castes judgement and punishes the guilty. Notice when he appears for the first time in the film, he appears right after Rose breaks down and starts crying, almost giving up. PH appears in order to punish her for her sin of failure, for being too weak to find Sharon. Since Sharon is the center of Rose's world, her subconscious desires only death if Rose cannot have Sharon back. At that point in the film, Rose was having serious doubt about ever finding Sharon, thus PH was summoned. It can also be seen as Alessa trying to punish Rose for failure or for not loving Sharon enough to continue on.

The second time PH appears he is trying to punish the cult, however their faith "saves" them. Their combined subconcious belief in the church's sanctuary proves just powerful enough to counter Alessa's power, thus another method of revenge must be found. Alessa uses Rose to get the darkness into the church so that she may appear and exact her revenge. Since Alessa is able to appear herself, there is no real need for PH at the end, although that would have been a very appropriate time for him to appear.

A few other points:
-I disliked the whole "Congradulation! Here's the truth!" scene, but it did help clarify some things. Did anyone else pick up on that Janitor thing? Nuts.

-I enjoyed the whole reversal of the cult and Dhalia. The "righteous" end up getting punished themselves by the demons they caused. Wonderful.

-The movie wasn't very scary, but I'm not complaining. It was fun, and that's all that really matters. Though putting Rose in the handcuffs for the an early 1/5 of the movie helped create a little more tension. I was all like "god damn, will you get out of those handcuffs already!". The only thing that made me mad is the fact that Rose never takes any maps, she always just looks at them. "Left, right, left, left" What is this, a videogame code?

-Gucci's a jerk.

-Sean Bean's character seemed almost unessecary. His whole subplot was there simply to break up the movie. But I did feel a little sad for him at the end, too bad he can't join Rose and Sharon in their "heaven".

-Those credits rocked! Coolest credits ever. The effect made it seem very videogame-like, almost like a sneak peek at what a PS3 SH will be...

I hope the DVD has a shit ton of extras, like maybe an alternate "Cybil lives" ending.

How ya doing, buddy?

[ MOBIUS ]
Mobius One
X

Member 2171

Level 19.11

Mar 2006

Old Apr 22, 2006, 12:17 AM Local time: Apr 22, 2006, 01:17 AM #13 of 608
An analysis of SH1's plot says that the cult was originally a Puritanical group and that White Claudia corrupted them and led them to worship the darkness and the demon god. The movie's plot seems to be a "what if the cult never discovered White Claudia?". The absence of Kaufman seems to support this. WC doesn't seem to exist in the movie's world, which kind of takes away from the impact. The whole coal mine fire would've been even cooler if it burned all the hallucinogenic WC and released it into the air, giving an actual logical reason why SH is so effed up. Anyway, without WC the cult could have easily changed becoming witch burners instead of demon worshipers. It's not as interesting as the SH1 cult sure, but I didn't find it as "OMG, tehy changed it!!1!"" as everyone else. Probably because I played SH2 long ago and have only recently played the first one. Maybe this movie will be most enjoyable to players of SH2, or at least those that don't worship the first SH as god's gift to gaming.

I was speaking idiomatically.

[ MOBIUS ]
Mobius One
X

Member 2171

Level 19.11

Mar 2006

Old Apr 23, 2006, 11:39 PM Local time: Apr 24, 2006, 12:39 AM #14 of 608
Originally Posted by Dr. Uzuki
I've always had a major problem with a certain aspect of SH2's story. It's hinged on the town being James and Mary's "special place", a resort town. I've always found that aspect silly and out of place in the series. There isn't really a believable reason you could float for Silent Hill being a haven of fond memories, and that's always hurt the story for me. Ignoring that, sure, the story was the best of the series. I'm hesitant about seeing it adapted though, and am not really hoping for any sort of sequel.
Silent Hill is a resort town. Before Alessa was born and wierd shit started happening, I'm sure it was a very pleasant place to visit.

And for SH2:
Spoiler:
Didn't Mary ask James to kill her since she was suffering from her disease?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

[ MOBIUS ]

Last edited by Mobius One; Apr 24, 2006 at 12:28 AM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > Silent Hill movie