Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Silent Hill movie

Living Legend
Chocobo

Member 124

Level 13.72

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 12:36 AM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 09:36 PM #1 of 608
I think the movie looks quite amazing.

I was never the biggest fan of the games, but I really did enjoy Silent Hill 2. I thought it was one of the best horror games I had ever played.

After being such a huge Resident Evil fan, and watching the horrible movies I can't wait to see an actual good horrie game movie.. Silent Hill actually looks a bit promising since it actually has to do with the game. Pyrmid head looks great and just from that little image in the middle of the page with the skin and the screenshot with the corpse looks amazing to me.

I hope it grosses the hell out of me. Can't wait to see it in theater.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Living Legend
Chocobo

Member 124

Level 13.72

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2006, 02:50 AM Local time: Apr 19, 2006, 11:50 PM #2 of 608
I just got back from seeing the movie, and I was surprised with how good of a movie it was.

I was expecting NOTHING good going into it (much like I did with Resident Evil movies) but the movie had a lot to offer, and with it being something over 2 hours long, it was great to sit through.

The deaths were great to see, finally a movie where I just sat and watched and said "Dude, that is some fucked up shit!" to myself. With the most brutal deaths. The movie did great with sound and how it is used, much like the game, I liked how they pretty much used subject matter from all the games within the movie.

I don't want to give much away, so I will end what I saw with this, but it was a good solid video game movie. The ending, I hope when someone else see's it can explain it to me, because I didn't understand the ending AT ALL.

EditJust saw the review a few posts up, and they pretty much hit the nail on the head and I agree with most of it. There were a lot of parts which were very overdramatic (mostly what I saw between the girl and the mother in the beginning). There were a few other things, but I didn't notice as much as that.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by Living Legend; Apr 20, 2006 at 02:59 AM.
Living Legend
Chocobo

Member 124

Level 13.72

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2006, 03:21 AM Local time: Apr 20, 2006, 12:21 AM #3 of 608
Quote:
Can you post those reviews, if they're spoiler-free?

Aside from brutal, was it scary? That's the most important thing.
I am not good at writing interesting reviews, so I might if I edit this post tonight, but not sure how likely that will be.

I can't say the movie was that scary, it had a few jumps here and there. The gore was good, that was overdone as well in most parts. The sound and how they used it was great, but never really scary, but most moments I was wondering "What is going to happen next?".

I guess I can say this, but I don't want to give it away, but it's not really a spoiler, but just incase
Spoiler:
The main character is never put into enough danger to get scary, it quickly jumps from one (scary scene, quick/random escape, next scene)

The games were never scary to me, just had a lot of disturbing images and a few jumping parts, which is exactly what the movie offered.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by Living Legend; Apr 20, 2006 at 03:26 AM.
Living Legend
Chocobo

Member 124

Level 13.72

Mar 2006

Old Apr 27, 2006, 01:49 PM Local time: Apr 27, 2006, 10:49 AM #4 of 608
I saw the movie twice now, both times with people that had no clue that this movie was based off of a game. Each time and pretty much the whole movie

"I am confused as hell"
"Explain to me whats going on"
"What the fuck!?"

Not until the big explination did these questions stop, but these people enjoyed the movie for what it was, and also enjoyed the ending also. I guess they like endings where you have to think of what happened to yourself (or until they make another movie) but each of us had fun watching it, even myself after the second time.

There is only one thing they made a lot more rediculous than in the games, and that is the nurses. That part was just lame, because of how they moved around. In the game they were fucked up, in the movie, it just looked like a big stop and go dance.

Either way, 2/2 times I enjoyed the movie.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > Silent Hill movie