Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Silent Hill movie

xSummonerYUnax
transcience

Member 1170

Level 15.62

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 06:24 AM #1 of 608
Originally Posted by chato
my bro showed me this clip of some convention where the lucky bastards were able to see the movie.. one of them was ..

Spoiler:
where cybil and that other chick are walking up to this building(quality was soo so.. buuut.) cause of the pyramid head is going after them. as soon as they were going to enter..it appeared with an innocent girl being held by him. he ripped off her clothes then squeezed the living shit out them then it stopped from there..my only guess is he probably ripped her tits off lol. but damn u.u....this is going to be a good movie [excuse me if im typing like this >=p]

did anyone catch that clip?
No, but that's pretty disturbing. >_<

Jam it back in, in the dark.
xSummonerYUnax
transcience

Member 1170

Level 15.62

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 05:08 PM #2 of 608
What's that in the posters? They don't look familiar...

There's nowhere I can't reach.
xSummonerYUnax
transcience

Member 1170

Level 15.62

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 08:29 PM #3 of 608
Originally Posted by SOLDIER

I totally support the "Janitor" design from the poster, but I do not support this, whatever it is. The appeal of SH's monsters is how they never have any distinct human features (eyes, nose, mouth, etc). This thing, on the other hand, looks more like a monster from The Suffering, or some other Rob Zombie type horror movie. It doesn't really fit for Silent Hill.
I agree. Despite its grotesque appearence, this thing just looks too 'normal' to be considered something that appears in SH. Although the Twin Victim has human features such as the face and hands, they are completely deformed. I'm not saying that this design isn't twisted enough. Maybe it'll fit more if it lost the face or the arms and legs. The Janitor's mouth kinda reminds me of Cynthia's mouth in SH4 minus the teeth.

This movie needs Robbie the Rabbit! Speaking of Robbie, here's a site that actually sells SH plushies.

http://www.setsunakou.com/ufo/silenthill.html

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
xSummonerYUnax
transcience

Member 1170

Level 15.62

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 07:05 AM #4 of 608
Got me there galen. The ghosts are connected to the SH4 storyline, but the movie itself seems to be weaved with SH1 and SH2 elements so maybe that's why I thought the designs didn't really fit.

How ya doing, buddy?
xSummonerYUnax
transcience

Member 1170

Level 15.62

Mar 2006

Old Mar 11, 2006, 05:01 PM #5 of 608
I hope that helmet stays on. Pyramid Head is suppose to resemble executioners and executioner's heads aren't revealed.

Although it would be rather cool to see nothing under the helmet. ^^

I was speaking idiomatically.
xSummonerYUnax
transcience

Member 1170

Level 15.62

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 09:55 PM #6 of 608
I'm sure the theaters will be full on April 21st. =D

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
xSummonerYUnax
transcience

Member 1170

Level 15.62

Mar 2006

Old Mar 18, 2006, 07:50 PM #7 of 608
I think Dahlia looks scarier in the game.

FELIPE NO
xSummonerYUnax
transcience

Member 1170

Level 15.62

Mar 2006

Old Mar 19, 2006, 08:45 PM #8 of 608
What was your poster? And I agree. The one with the stairs is the best..

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
xSummonerYUnax
transcience

Member 1170

Level 15.62

Mar 2006

Old Mar 20, 2006, 05:53 PM #9 of 608
I agree. It's not bad at all, considering you only had 3 days.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
xSummonerYUnax
transcience

Member 1170

Level 15.62

Mar 2006

Old Apr 7, 2006, 05:41 AM #10 of 608
Originally Posted by evergreen
I don't know if it's been said but what ending do you hope they go with from SH1? I'm hoping for the
Spoiler:
parent really died in the car crash
ending.
The UFO or Good ending, but they will probably make an entirely new ending for the movie.

Most amazing jew boots
xSummonerYUnax
transcience

Member 1170

Level 15.62

Mar 2006

Old Apr 8, 2006, 07:26 PM #11 of 608
Originally Posted by SOLDIER
I dunno, I want to see that link, but I'm still worried it might give away too much of the story.
I just watched it. It doesn't give much away. It's nothing you haven't seen in the game already. ^^

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
xSummonerYUnax
transcience

Member 1170

Level 15.62

Mar 2006

Old Apr 9, 2006, 06:08 AM #12 of 608
I watched Jacob's Ladder on VHS. Were there any special features/deleted scenes on the dvd?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
xSummonerYUnax
transcience

Member 1170

Level 15.62

Mar 2006

Old Apr 16, 2006, 07:16 AM #13 of 608
I'm going to watch it a few days after the debut. Although I REALLY want to see it, I hate being in a crowded theater. I prefer having the entire room to myself or with a couple of other people only.

I was speaking idiomatically.
xSummonerYUnax
transcience

Member 1170

Level 15.62

Mar 2006

Old Apr 26, 2006, 06:13 AM #14 of 608
Originally Posted by reflectiVe
I saw this movie on the day of release and...

Spoiler:
I seriously wish they would have had more dark world scenes! The ending of this movie didn't really impress me...To be honest I was actually waiting for Samiel. This movie was originally 3 hours, so we'll see if the DVD is worthy to make the movie better! Like everyone else, once I saw Pyramid head, I seriously asked "Where is James?" He isn't their manifestation! I kind of felt as if the director took the Silent Hill into the way he saw it. I came into this movie, especially after the first dark scene, trying to add these monsters together. The janitor, the babies in the beginning (some how a form of regret with her child), Pyramid head (which I just ignored), straight-jacket man...etc.

I do wonder though..In the beginning, did everyone die? (Disclude those in the physical SH) The ending somewhat suggests. But once they were entering the town ash was already falling. I like how Rose was a vessel for revenge but the ending somewhat confuses me. Are they dead? Is the devil purposely keeping her in Silent Hill? My biggest assumption is that they died, along with Cybil.

Also, did anyones audience here annoy you? I had people laugh at parts that were NOT funny. I had one dumb girl behind me say "whats going on" every 10 minutes. I swear to god I gave her a piece of gum and asked her to chew on it so she would STFU.

I found the ending to be somewhat confusing too..but I think it's possible that:

Spoiler:
perhaps Rose and Sharron did die. They could've even died before they entered the dead Silent Hill from the car crash. Another possibility could be that only Rose died (from getting stabbed in the chest), which is why Chris couldn't see her when she entered the house. From what I remember, I THINK Sharron turned at a corner in the den before Chris woke up so maybe only Sharron made it back to the real world and Chris just didn't see her yet?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
xSummonerYUnax
transcience

Member 1170

Level 15.62

Mar 2006

Old Apr 27, 2006, 06:37 PM #15 of 608
I just came back from watching the movie for the 2nd time. Now that I think about it, the ending does actually make some sense. This is my brief ending analysis:

Spoiler:
In the scene where Rose discovers the truth, the 'Reaper' talks about how the dream has to end and I think she makes a deal with Alessa. I'm guessing Alessa was going to die and the Reaper was going to help her get her revenge. Since Sharon is a manifestation of Alessa, she can only exist if Alessa is alive. Alessa probably died after she annihilates everyone in the chapel with the barbed wires so Sharon dies with her.

I think it's pretty evident in the movie that Rose wants to be with Sharon over her husband. She keeps saying "For Sharon" and leaves for SH without telling Chris or hearing him say he loves her. Since Sharon dies with Alessa, she can only live on in the 'otherworld' and Rose chooses to stay with her, which is why she never makes it back to the real world where Chris is.

FELIPE NO

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > Silent Hill movie