Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

"Well, That Ruined It" Experiences in Anime

Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Apr 19, 2006, 05:16 PM Local time: Apr 19, 2006, 05:16 PM #1 of 99
"Well, That Ruined It" Experiences in Anime

I recently watched Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien.

Read if you've seen it all:
Fourteen episode series. Thirteen of those were perfect. Then the final episode hit.

The love triangle went the COMPLETE opposite direction from how I wanted. Mizuki looked worse and worse as a person. And I felt more and more sorry for Haruka.

But, in the end, Haruka tells Narumi that she doesn't love him anymore. It looked like the anime was building toward him leaving Mizuki, who almost forced the relationship onto him.

But noooooooooooooooooooooooo. He ends up going back to Mizuki. After she slept around on him, told him to not visit Haruka in the hospital, etc.

This completely ruined my opinion of the anime.

The first thirteen episodes were perfect then the last one completely ruined it. Entirely ruined the whole damn thing. I don't see myself ever picking up this anime again. It's hard to describe. Makes me wish I didn't even get a direct ending to it.

Ever have this problem with an anime? Something in the ending completely ruined and derailed the experience. Or made you rather angry/upset. The ending to Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien left me in a very, veeeery sour mood, to put it lightly. It has probably the best soundtrack I've ever heard, no contest. But I won't touch it again. At least not for a very, very long time.

Use spoilers tags, prease =I Lemme know if this is a dupe of another thread and I'll close it.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

elwe
Hippos and Gelatin

Member 1354

Level 22.29

Mar 2006

Old Apr 19, 2006, 05:35 PM Local time: Apr 19, 2006, 05:35 PM #2 of 99
Like many others, the last episode of Rurouni Kenshin completely enraged me. I mean, the last arc was already bad enough, and just when I thought it couldn't get any worse...

Spoiler:
one of the worst endings imaginable came up. The real-life footage also really bothered me!

As a result, I refused to recognize the ending to the series.

Another mildy disappointing one was for Air. Now, I'm not saying the last episode was bad. On the contrary, I loved it! However, that one bit they threw in near the end,

Spoiler:
with Misuzu's "mom" "floating" in the air while giving her speech completely ruined the mood set up by Misuzu's death.

Most amazing jew boots
map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Apr 19, 2006, 05:39 PM Local time: Apr 20, 2006, 12:39 AM #3 of 99
Mahoromatic, naturally.

A wonderfully enjoyable, funny and somewhat touching series (two seasons) otherwise, with cute, endearing characters, the last two episodes - or rather, the last episode and the last 10 minutes of the second last episode - were one big FUCK YOU note to the fans from Gainax.

I've since then (two years) been unable to watch even the pleasant episodes of either season and it's even more awkward because I have both seasons burned to disc. I guess I should be glad I didn't buy them on DVD.

How ya doing, buddy?

maneve
Out here in the Jungle...

Member 268

Level 7.02

Mar 2006

Old Apr 19, 2006, 05:51 PM Local time: Apr 19, 2006, 04:51 PM #4 of 99
I have to agree with Qwarky on that one. The last episode of Mahoromatic threw me for a fit for sure. The way they just kind of changed the entire series.

Spoiler:
Jumping to such a far and akward future like that. The last couple minutes really sucked too. Suddenly Mahoro comes back after however many years. Bah.

also, as much as I loved Rozen Maiden, there were so many ideas that they just didn't seem to complete.

Spoiler:
That bit of love story at the end of season one between Shinku and Jun only really showed up for the last bit of season one. Suiseiseki's feelings for Jun kind of came around every once in awhile, but wasn never really explained. The fact that Jun became Suiseiseki's medium only came into play once when Shinku wasn't fighting Bara.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Thanks to Jinn for Av/sig.
PiccoloNamek
Lunar Delta Cybernetics

Member 704

Level 31.89

Mar 2006

Old Apr 19, 2006, 05:55 PM Local time: Apr 19, 2006, 03:55 PM #5 of 99
Not an Anime, but a manga (I hope that's okay...)

About 3/4 of the way through book 8 of the Chobits manga,
Spoiler:
where Freya says "We do, not have emotions." And "Daddy called us his "Chobits", but we're no different from his other persocoms. We cannot function outside of our programming."

WHAT?! You mean you've been stringing me along for 7 and 3/4 books only to drop that bomb on me right at the very end??

I felt pretty sour after that.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by map car man words telling me to do things; Apr 19, 2006 at 06:00 PM. Reason: spoiler tags won't do much if you don't mark what they're about
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Apr 19, 2006, 06:01 PM #6 of 99
The only Anime that got hit very hard is definately Rurouni Kenshin.

Spoiler:

In the manga he is alive, now he's dead in the anime. Showing small footage of the Jinchuu Arc in Seisouhen was unnecesarry. The writer could've done so much with it or just animate that after the Kyoto Arc.

Kenshin lived happily for a while after his fight with Shishio Makoto. I think the Jinchuu arc was the best. I only wish he would make up for that but it wont happen =/

I guess in the anime biz, its all about the money. . Which is why , when there is a Death Note anime coming up, i dont want it to fail or end like kenshin. the Filler has to be very good (I wouldn't mind a filler arc with L and Raito but it has to be before the Yotsuba arc)

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by chato; Apr 19, 2006 at 06:08 PM.
Rei no Otaku
Fanboy

Member 386

Level 14.90

Mar 2006

Old Apr 19, 2006, 08:48 PM #7 of 99
Originally Posted by a_redneck
I recently watched Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien.

Read if you've seen it all:
Fourteen episode series. Thirteen of those were perfect. Then the final episode hit.

The love triangle went the COMPLETE opposite direction from how I wanted. Mizuki looked worse and worse as a person. And I felt more and more sorry for Haruka.

But, in the end, Haruka tells Narumi that she doesn't love him anymore. It looked like the anime was building toward him leaving Mizuki, who almost forced the relationship onto him.

But noooooooooooooooooooooooo. He ends up going back to Mizuki. After she slept around on him, told him to not visit Haruka in the hospital, etc.

This completely ruined my opinion of the anime.

The first thirteen episodes were perfect then the last one completely ruined it. Entirely ruined the whole damn thing. I don't see myself ever picking up this anime again. It's hard to describe. Makes me wish I didn't even get a direct ending to it.
QFT!!

Spoiler:
I couldn't stand Mizuki. She took complete advantage of Narumi's feelings, and forced him into that relationship. She was a drunk, a whore and a horrible woman. I've never hated a character more than I hate Mizuki. She completely ruined that show.

How ya doing, buddy?
Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Apr 19, 2006, 08:54 PM #8 of 99
Full Metal Alchemist wasn't totally spoiled, but the ending was really rushed. Yes, I've watched Conqueror of Shambala and I know the manga went farther, but that's not enough:
Spoiler:
What happened to Dante and Gluttony? You can't just be left hanging with a shot of an empty elevator. Yes, yes gluttony in conqueror....but Dante?

Fruits Basket was unresolved and the adventures of the Sohma family were rather truncated in the anime:
Spoiler:
Where is the rooster member of the Zodiac? Why does Kyo transform and transform back because of his beads? What of Akito after Tohru and group leave the main house? Why couldn't we get at least a definitive happy ending instead of the implied one?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Apr 19, 2006, 08:58 PM #9 of 99
Originally Posted by Rei no Otaku
QFT!!

Spoiler:
I couldn't stand Mizuki. She took complete advantage of Narumi's feelings, and forced him into that relationship. She was a drunk, a whore and a horrible woman. I've never hated a character more than I hate Mizuki. She completely ruined that show.

Spoiler:
agreed. Its also a little sad that her little sister Akane had to go through alot of bs even in the spinoff

aku
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 164

Level 20.62

Mar 2006

Old Apr 19, 2006, 09:01 PM Local time: Apr 19, 2006, 09:01 PM #10 of 99
The entire Wolf's Rain OVA part...yeah, they needed more to the store, but that was uncalled for!
Wolf's Rain Spoiler:
there is NO NEED to kill off every single main charater from the show, NO NEED, ever...esspecialy to have a basic rebirth of the planet, and have all the wolves that you have seen every episode be the only ones there...Chez, Hubb, Quient? what happened to them, because Cheza is there, and she by no means is a wolf. That still doesnt change that fact that i love the show though...

And people, you can spoiler = 'balbalbal' to say what show its spoiling now have fun with that

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by aku; Apr 19, 2006 at 09:03 PM.
Lukage
High Chocobo

Member 570

Level 40.69

Mar 2006

Old Apr 19, 2006, 10:48 PM Local time: Apr 19, 2006, 10:48 PM #11 of 99
I sit down with a friend.

"Hey friend, what anime is this?"

"Harr harr, its Outlaw Star, SHUT UP!

"Okies, I'll watch it."

"OMG THAT WAS A NIFTY ANIME!"

"Did you just let me watch the LAST episode of an anime before seeing the rest of it?"

"....."

Experience......RUINED!

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Apr 19, 2006, 11:09 PM Local time: Apr 19, 2006, 10:09 PM #12 of 99
I was a little angry over the ending for Those Who Hunt Elves II, mainly because

Spoiler:
they still didn't get home! The series was pretty enjoyable overall, but to know that after all that they still didn't get home (It only worked for the first series since there was a second, but there was no series after that) left me a little miffed.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Kaiten
Everything new is old again

Member 613

Level 29.60

Mar 2006

Old Apr 19, 2006, 11:19 PM Local time: Apr 19, 2006, 09:19 PM #13 of 99
Easy (in Naruto):
Spoiler:
The whole damn filler arc(s) in Naruto. Frankly I'm surprised the series has enough viewers to have this crap continue. I only feel sorry for viewers of the English Naruto, who have not a damn clue what they're in store for in a few years...

Lukage
High Chocobo

Member 570

Level 40.69

Mar 2006

Old Apr 19, 2006, 11:21 PM Local time: Apr 19, 2006, 11:21 PM #14 of 99
Originally Posted by Kaiten
Easy (in Naruto):
Spoiler:
The whole damn filler arc(s) in Naruto. Frankly I'm surprised the series has enough viewers to have this crap continue. I only feel sorry for viewers of the English Naruto, who have not a damn clue what they're in store for in a few years...
BELIEVE IT!

Cirno
⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨

Member 980

Level 30.09

Mar 2006

Old Apr 19, 2006, 11:29 PM Local time: Apr 19, 2006, 08:29 PM #15 of 99
Evangelion's descent into nonsenical psychological banter with animated squiggly-lines. I was looking forward to more mech-on-mech action but got Freud-chan instead.

Recently, Mai Otome killed me with it's very foundation (fanservice).

The characters never really developed, and when the show tried to do this, it was already too late into the series to make up for it. Retarded plot twists and boring cast kept this series from living up to Mai HiME.

FELIPE NO
Gechmir

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2006, 12:45 AM Local time: Apr 20, 2006, 12:45 AM #16 of 99
There was a sequel series to Those Who Hunt Elves?

Huh. Odd o_O

More KGNE Spoilers:
Ugh. I just wish they had two alternate ending episodes or some crap =p 'Cuz that really ruined my mood for the rest of that day and a healthy amount of today. Sorry to brood on it, but the anime was just fantastic up until that point. I already talked a few interested friends out of seeing it as a result of the ending.

Shot themselves in the foot~

The Akane OAV would piss me off too, I take it? =O

Last edited by Gechmir; Apr 20, 2006 at 12:49 AM.
Synthesis
Southern Cross

Member 257

Level 25.84

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2006, 12:58 AM Local time: Apr 19, 2006, 11:58 PM #17 of 99
I decided to sit down and watch Evangelion on CN:

Spoiler:
I can't belive they couldn't have found some less obvious ways of editing out swear words, they just bleeped it

*changes channel*

Gechmir

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2006, 01:07 AM Local time: Apr 20, 2006, 01:07 AM #18 of 99
Well, Eva got picked up on sheer hype alone. I put RahXephon above it, sense it has a... Uhm... Understandable ending. Given, a supplement from the movie is kinda required for a nicer grasp.

Eva should never have been on CN. The voice acting, for starters, is Anime Voice Acting 1.1 or so. Not as old as voice acting in anime gets, but it isn't of these newer series, where there are great actors. Hell, ADV used the exact same voice actors for ALL their anime. Got kinda old to hear the same voices and the same poor actors repeatedly.

Eva snagged my attention when it was first being brought over on video. I remember watching a Blueseed VHS thingie and I saw a trailer. The opening song was fan-fuckin'-tastic. It is the first anime OST I've ever bought.

Eva spoilers:
The anime had promise. Very in-depth. Very technical. But it went way out in left field. In RX, the main character struggles with his job of piloting RahXephon, but he comes to accept it. In Eva, Shinji is WAY too busy being all emo to give a damn. Then there are all the ridiculous things they throw out in the end, showing how incredibly evil all the adults are. It isn't "deep". It isn't "artistic". It is crap anime and overhyped.

If it followed an actual combat mecha plot and had an ultimate enemy they finally eliminated with less bizarre character development, it could've been worthy of its hype/praises.

Most amazing jew boots

Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2006, 01:30 AM Local time: Apr 20, 2006, 12:30 AM #19 of 99
Originally Posted by a_redneck
Hell, ADV used the exact same voice actors for ALL their anime. Got kinda old to hear the same voices and the same poor actors repeatedly.
They still do that nowadays, too. Funimation seems to do this a lot as well. They just use the same acting pool over again, mainly just switching up who plays lead roles and who plays minor roles. It can get annoying sometimes, even if they are just in one episode of another series or something like that.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Synthesis
Southern Cross

Member 257

Level 25.84

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2006, 01:48 AM Local time: Apr 20, 2006, 12:48 AM #20 of 99
Originally Posted by RockgamerXIII
Funimation seems to do this a lot as well. They just use the same acting pool over again, mainly just switching up who plays lead roles and who plays minor roles.

Especially in FUNimation's case. I end up watching anime of theirs and saying, "Oh yeah, that's the same guy who played <insert character here> from DBZ"

:dotdotdot:

How ya doing, buddy?
Shuriken
Leader of the Oboro

Member 5214

Level 6.95

Apr 2006

Old Apr 20, 2006, 01:58 PM #21 of 99
Originally Posted by Synthesis
Especially in FUNimation's case. I end up watching anime of theirs and saying, "Oh yeah, that's the same guy who played <insert character here> from DBZ"

:dotdotdot:
Well,the professional VA pool in America is not yet as vast as in Japan,so it's understandable to see a lot of the same people. It seems pretty much very other licensed anime has Crispin Freeman/Steven Jay Blum doing some roles. But because they do a damn fine job,I don't really mind. Plus,watching anime and being able to recognize the VAs while you're at it is kind of fun. For me,at least.

Old Apr 20, 2006, 04:24 PM #22 of 99
Yeah, having Crispin Freeman in a dub is only a good thing.

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Rydia
ambitious

Member 22

Level 30.86

Feb 2006

Old Apr 20, 2006, 04:49 PM Local time: Apr 20, 2006, 01:49 PM #23 of 99
Originally Posted by a_master_is_out
Recently, Mai Otome killed me with it's very foundation (fanservice).

The characters never really developed, and when the show tried to do this, it was already too late into the series to make up for it. Retarded plot twists and boring cast kept this series from living up to Mai HiME.
This "sequel" was certainly a disappointment. It seemed slightly interesting during the last five or so episodes though, but wasn't as gripping as Mai HiME.

FELIPE NO
Old Apr 20, 2006, 04:58 PM #24 of 99
Spoiler:
Well at least when people died in Otome they stayed dead. That's everyone's biggest complaint in HiME.
I think Otome was fun though. The character development wasn't as strong but it had a great setting and I love adventure romps. Here's hoping that the OVA or third series that I hear is being planned takes the best of both series.

Spoiler:
I really enjoyed the tie-ins the two series had. Miyu reveals that Otome isn't an alternate universe but takes place in the future where mankind leaves Earth. A couple hundred years looking after humans really gives Miyu a nice personality.

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Cirno
⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨

Member 980

Level 30.09

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2006, 05:04 PM Local time: Apr 20, 2006, 02:04 PM #25 of 99
Well, the one thing Otome did right was make me respect Shizuru (in HiME as well). I just sort of liked her in HiME and was blinded by Nao's mischievious awesomeness, but Otome reminded me of how more awesome Shizuru is.

I don't think I'll look at baby toys quite the same way, though.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > "Well, That Ruined It" Experiences in Anime