Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] Movies/Shows you have seen recently?

Tawnee Van Pelt
Everybody Hertz

Member 227

Level 23.36

Mar 2006

Old Oct 21, 2012, 05:08 PM Local time: Oct 21, 2012, 04:08 PM 1 #1 of 352
I got to watch The Ladykillers in the bus I was travelling. I truly loved it, but didn't catch the end because we arrived just a few minutes before it.

Today I searched for it on the Wikipedia and found out that it's a remake by the Cohen brothers, which makes sense now. I'm going to finish it today

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Tawnee Van Pelt
Everybody Hertz

Member 227

Level 23.36

Mar 2006

Old Dec 16, 2014, 12:55 AM Local time: Dec 15, 2014, 11:55 PM #2 of 352
Watched Let the right one in. It's a Swedish vampire movie based on a book with the same name. There is also an American remake called Let me in. I'm not very much into vampires (outside of Castlevania), but this was a really brooding and thought provoking movie. It didn't go for the usual vampire tropes and focused on a relationship that was truly genuine and heartfelt. I strongly recommend. It's on Netflix for those interested.
I have watched the original first and then the American one. I think the remake is very faithful to the original and I'd strongly recommend watching any of them.

I don't like vampire fiction in general, but this one (Let the right one in) has an incredible atmosphere and a very interesting premise. It's a must watch if you're looking for a foreign film that has all the right elements in the right places.

Keeping in the topic of foreign media, I recently watched a French TV serial called Les Revenants or The Returned. It's from 2012, very short (8 episodes) with a planned second season. There's an American remake in the works, and another American show with a very similar premise (it's called Resurrection) but please avoid those and stick to the original.

Yes, it is a show where people who has been dead for a while return to life, it's not the most original premise out there but the execution is fantastic. Every episode feels important and while it's short, the story arc comes to a full circle and feels complete and conclusive. Grab a torrent and enjoy it, if you're in for some mystery, no filler episodes, an awesome soundtrack and beautiful French landscapes, Les Revenants is for you.

Wikipedia entry: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Returned

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Tawnee Van Pelt; Dec 16, 2014 at 01:17 AM.
Tawnee Van Pelt
Everybody Hertz

Member 227

Level 23.36

Mar 2006

Old Jan 19, 2015, 01:32 AM Local time: Jan 19, 2015, 12:32 AM #3 of 352
Originally Posted by Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
I started watching this when it was first on but never really got on with it, it went a bit slow for me. Maybe I'll give it another go.
Yeah, I believe it's worth it.

I watched The Inkeepers based on recommendations on this thread and I also watched The House of the Devil by Ti West. I do appreciate the atmosphere that The House of the Devil had, the characters and the build up was great, didn't like the ending though. As for The Innkeepers, well, I couldn't connect with the story or the characters.

However... Diggin' on the filmography of this director led me to the movies of Adam Wingard. The first one is You're next. Man, what I ride. I loved it from beginning to end, it's a horror/trhiller that feels so fresh and captivating. I don't think that there's much room for spoilers, it doesn't really deviate from the common topics of those genres, but it certainly gives a fresh breath to them.

After watching it I had to search for The Guest, his movie from last year. A stylish thriller that will certainly resonate with you if you have already watched and loved Drive (I mean, who doesn't?). Great use of soundtrack, nice build up and suspense and great acting. Watch both of them, they were a great start for my year in movies.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by Tawnee Van Pelt; Jan 19, 2015 at 01:35 AM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] Movies/Shows you have seen recently?