Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PS3] PlayStation 3 Discussion Thread
Closed Thread

Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 04:48 PM #1 of 3592
There might be some major PS3 news tonight.

http://gamesarefun.com/news.php?newsid=6083

We'll find out soon enough.

And then there's this crazy news.

http://ps3.qj.net/PS3-launch-this-month-/pg/49/aid/5360

Wonder if it could be a sign that the system will be coming within spring after all. I see no point bidding on the system unless there are some games to purchase within the release, but I still want one. Badly.

Most amazing jew boots
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 10:05 PM #2 of 3592
Playstation 3 is the next Advent Children.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 11:28 PM #3 of 3592
Of all the PS3 rumors out there, I hope this is the one that's least likely to happen. Because it would really suck if it did.

http://ps3.qj.net/index.php?pg=49&aid=930

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 04:47 AM #4 of 3592
1up.com has an interesting round-up of all the available PS3 info.

http://1up.com/do/feature?pager.offset=0&cId=3148332

I was quite surprised by their games list, as I haven't heard about even half of these titles until now. The sci fi and RPG type games sound incredible, especially titles like Alan Wake (sounds creepy).

I think it's hopeful optimism that they confirm FFVII Remake as a title, but hey, I'm waiting for an announcement myself.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 01:14 AM #5 of 3592
Of course it's been said several times that he wants to do it, there's no surprise there. But the real question is 'when' he'll do it, or if he's even working on it now.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2006, 06:59 PM #6 of 3592
Unless America gets it before Japan.

We'll find out in a few hours. Maybe.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 04:06 PM #7 of 3592

Though personally I wasn't aware the region free thing was finalized.

FELIPE NO
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 05:40 PM #8 of 3592

Will that do?

If they can make the November date stick, I suppose I can wait. I just really, really hope the most we'll have to pay is $350.

Maybe MGS4 will make launch after all. Or not.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 06:07 PM #9 of 3592
Does anyone else think that the real reason PS3 was delayed was because they didn't have too many games ready?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2006, 03:24 PM #10 of 3592
Quote:
Phil Harrison, Executive Vice President of Sony Computer Entertainment, will be giving his keynote speach at the Game Developers Conference today. Entitled "Beyond the Box", Phils speech will most likely be shedding some light on some of the much anticipated features of the PS3. Scheduled to start at 10:30am PST today, we hope to catch some more in-depth information on the PS3's online infrastructure which is unofficially being called the "PlayStation HUB". We will continue to bring you up to the minute news and details of Phil's keynote throughout its duration, so stay tuned to this post!

Update 10:36am - The speech begins

Update 10:41am - God of War director David Jaffe takes the stage and shows a trailer for God of War II: Devine Retribution for the PS2.

Update 10:49am - A vibrant, cartoony Loco Roco clip is shown to the audience

Update 10:51am - A new duck demo on the PS3 is shown similar to last years E3 demo

Update 10:57am - A demo showing many knights, possibly thousands, getting blasted and bodies scattering

Update 10:59am - Another clip is shown, this one of a grey sports car in a desert

Update 11:02am - A demo for Getaway is shown, this demo shows the camera being moved around in real time

Update 11:03am - Warhawk is shown, showing off the water effects and scattering of gunfire and clouds

Update 11:13am - Another demo is shown, this time of the racing game Motor Storm.

Update 11:16am - Ted Price from Insomniac Games steps onto the stage.

Update 11:23am - A clip showing a futuristic city is ran, displaying a blimp with the words Ratchet and Clank on the side. The camera pans down through the site with enemy robots and flying vehicles overhead. It has been revealed that I-8, their first PS3 project, is now called Resistance: Fall of Man and looks "incredible". Price speaks a bit more about the hardware at hand.

Update 11:32am - Some style of karaoke game is shown, with close to 35 variations of this game in Europe.It features a number of fully licensed tunes, including Rolling Stones and Celine Dion. Showed off a bit of game community with this title.

11:34 AM PDT- Keynote concludes. Still no word on the price point. .
ps3.qj.net/

I thought we were supposed to get more info on the online portion.

Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2006, 10:12 PM #11 of 3592
Quote:
PS3 controller to be redesigned
Posted Mar 22, 2006 at 07:04PM by Paul M

Listed in: Featured Articles
In more news out of GDC 06,
Sony Computer Entertainment Worldwide Studios President, Phil Harrison, announced that the heavily criticised controller for the upcoming PS3 will be redesigned and will be on display at E3 2006 in May.

I also wonder if Sony's recent court decision about the Dual Shock and the possibility they may not be able to include this technology in any future product came into play.
I'll be honest; I just couldn't get used to the old boomerang design. So this would be a good thing.

Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2006, 06:21 PM #12 of 3592
The only question now is if developers will go out of their way to include multiple languages and subtitles for anyone who will import. I don't expect this practice to occur in, say, Pachinko Dreams Kawaii Densetsu 2007.

That aside, I doubt it would become a standard. What would stop people from importing FFXIII if it has english text? It could hurt US sales from those who refuse to wait. This COULD mean more games that will hit both Japan and the US simultaneously, but I doubt it.

Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2006, 08:30 PM #13 of 3592
I wonder if Gamestop will add an import section in their stores? It would be nice, as long as

A) they don't charge extra for the games (10-20$ more).

B) there aren't too many retards who can't comprehend it ("I bought this game for my son, and it's in japanese!")

How ya doing, buddy?
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2006, 02:57 AM #14 of 3592
Quote:
Since importing isn't mainstream, and it'll be something exclusive to the PS2, don't count on it Soldier.
I thought it was the PS3 games that were region-free? Has there been a clear explanation on what is region-free? The best case scenario is PS3, PS2, PS1, and even DVD movies. That would rock.

Quote:
Come to think of it, I wonder what's going to happen when we add the two new sections....
Make the store bigger.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2006, 05:56 PM #15 of 3592
He has no concept of low-res shots taken from a darkly lit room. Of course he'll still complain when the hi-res direct feed shots come in.

Me? I could feel a single tear drop from my eye when I saw those R&C screens. Not so much because I'm a fan of the series (only played the second one, still need to beat it), but because it opens the doors for some spectacular looking locations, especially in FFXIII. November can't come soon enough.

Most amazing jew boots
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Mar 27, 2006, 03:13 PM #16 of 3592

Here, there be Dragons.

Makes me wish this was a next-gen Drakengard.

How ya doing, buddy?
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2006, 11:50 PM #17 of 3592
I don't even see any jaggies in that Lair shot. And keep in mind it's still a work in progress. If you want a case of jaggies, you should take a look at the early Madden 2006 Xbox 360 shots from EGM.

I wonder if someone could give a list of all the features PS3 can implement to PS1 and PS2 games. It sounds like we'll be getting more than just texture smoothing and speedier load times. If that's the case, I hope someone makes a website that lists which features work best on which games. When I began tinkering with the two aformentioned options on my PS1 games, I learned that the quality varied with each title. For example, smoother texturing makes a fully 3D game like FFVIII look fantastic, but not so much on a sprite based game like Valkyrie Profile.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Apr 4, 2006, 05:39 PM #18 of 3592
Quote:
PS3's new "lifestyle server" features have come straight from the official PlayStation Magazine. The lifestyle server will feature things such as video chat, blogs, forums, recorded gameplay footage, and voice chat. You will be able to use your eye-toy style camera with it for the video chat. It sounds to me like they are trying to jump on the MySpace and Facebook parade, which is probably a pretty smart move since they have both been a huge success. We should have more information May 8th which is it's annual pre-E3 conference. Sounds to me like Sony is on the right path for an Xbox Live killer, although I'm sure not all of you agree.
-http://ps3.qj.net/

MySpace meets PS3. I'm a bit iffy about that (especially considering the horrors of myspace). I do like that you can record gameplay footage though. I've been wanting a feature like that for ages.

Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Apr 4, 2006, 06:05 PM #19 of 3592
Seriously, what IS Linux, and why would I care?

Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Apr 4, 2006, 06:40 PM #20 of 3592
Awesome how? Just to browse the internet on your PS3? Pointless if you already have a PC in your room.

Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Apr 5, 2006, 01:30 AM #21 of 3592
Quote:
Soldier, drop it. The idea of Linux on a PS3 is just one of those things to show off the adaptability of Linux.
I merely wanted to know if the inclusion of Linux would appeal to those not familiar with it (me). And it sounds like it's through Linux that we can have some homebrew applications for PS3, which would be pretty nice, as long as Sony doesn't try to put a stop with it through security updates like they do with the PSP.

If anything, I hope this means I'll be able to make my own background, and other customized OS preferences. I'd love to be able to create my own startup/shutdown music.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Apr 5, 2006, 03:43 AM #22 of 3592
Quote:
Okay, listen. I hate the PSP too. But there's no reason to go flying off the hook about how much it sucks - it's stating the obvious.
That's why it's outselling the DS in America, right? Or maybe it's because it's like cheese you can listen to outside.

Nobody said there wouldn't be a DS Lemmings. Not like it's exclusive or anything.

Most amazing jew boots
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Apr 5, 2006, 03:06 PM #23 of 3592
Take it out to the PSP thread.

I had some questions regarding the features PS3 can implement for PS1/PS2 games. Anyone have any idea what enhancements we can look forward to?

Another thought occures; in your opinion, what would be the best place to reserve a PS3? Gamestop seems like a given, but what about stores like Best Buy? Does one store offer better service or warranty as opposed to the other?

How ya doing, buddy?
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Apr 5, 2006, 03:39 PM #24 of 3592
Quote:
I'd like to know how the PS3 will read old memory cards for PSX and PS2 games. I certainly wouldn't want to lose all that great data and I certainly don't see any slots on the machine for those cards. Perhaps an adapter that links to the system via USB to transfer memory card data but other than that I can't think of how they're handling that. Does anyone have any information for this?
I'm certain they'd at least come up with an adaptor, but hopefully it won't come to that. The feature should be available from the start without throwing away extra cash. I'm sure they have this figured out.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Apr 5, 2006, 06:49 PM #25 of 3592
I'm not going to pay any mind to any of the prices until E3. To me, it would be great if the total was $350 at the most, but I'm getting myself ready for a higher price. Regardless, I'm going to make the effort to nab a system on day one, regardless of the price. Because no matter what, you'll definetely be getting a good value.

PS3
PS2
PS1
DVD
Blu-Ray
HDD
Linux OS

How ya doing, buddy?
Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS3] PlayStation 3 Discussion Thread