Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PS3] PlayStation 3 Discussion Thread
Closed Thread

Simo
Just an old killer. Hired for some wet work

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 02:25 AM #1 of 3592
Originally Posted by SOLDIER
Of course it's been said several times that he wants to do it, there's no surprise there. But the real question is 'when' he'll do it, or if he's even working on it now.
It's hard to say what Nomura is working on as he's commented that he's got a multiple number of projects he's going to be working on. As for the FFVII remake, Nomura originally stated he had no interest in a FFVII remake but last September he changed his tune and expressed some interest in heading the remake after all his other projects were done. No doubt the success of Advent Children swayed his original comment.

Anyways did anyone check out the new edition of the 1UP Show with some shots of The Darkness and PS3 footage of John Woo's Strangehold?
Streaming : mms://zdmedia.wmod.llnwd.net/a111/o1/1UP/1upshow_0207_320x180.wmv
WMV : http://zdmedia.vo.llnwd.net/o1/1UP/1...07_640x360.zip
QT High : http://zdmedia.vo.llnwd.net/o1/1UP/1...0207_quick.zip
QT Low : http://zdmedia.vo.llnwd.net/o1/1UP/1...07_320x180.zip
PSP : http://zdmedia.vo.llnwd.net/o1/1UP/1upshow_0207_psp.zip

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Simo

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 02:34 AM #2 of 3592
Originally Posted by Megalith
Is The Darkness based on the comic of the same name, or what.
Yes. Third Person Action/Adventure title Developed by Starbreeze.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Simo

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2006, 01:28 PM #3 of 3592
Yeah Sony just officially announced the PS3 launch delay:
Quote:
14-Mar-06 12:28 ET In Play Sony to delay the release of its PlayStation 3 next-generation video game console - DJ (SNE) 47.48 +0.71: Dow Jones reporting that Sony Computer Entertainment will delay the release of its PlayStation 3 next-generation video game console until early November because the copy protection technology for the Blu-ray Disc has not been finalized, The Nihon Keizai Shimbun reported in its Wednesday morning edition.
http://www.mainichi-msn.co.jp/today/...20147000c.html

That's November for Japan by the way. The Nihon Keizai Shimbun has been wrong in the past though so hopefully we'll see some more confirmations later on tonight.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Simo

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Sep 22, 2006, 10:05 PM #4 of 3592
Originally Posted by Metal Sphere
Where's the Lair footage? I heard about the upcoming event sometime in October. Hopefully some sort of megaton will be dropped there or at least fleshed out launch details.
There's some at the link below recorded off the showfloor given Lair was playable:
http://playsyde.com/news_3493_en.html

Most amazing jew boots
Simo

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Oct 9, 2006, 07:01 PM #5 of 3592
Originally Posted by Metal Sphere
I've heard a worrying rumor that EBGames/Gamestop employees are going to be given first dibs on the launch units. If that's so, there's going to be even less for us and we'll end up seeing those machines on Ebay for $1000+
I think it's something like 16 units maximum for EBgames and GameStop stores and they're supposed to be getting the majority of the shipments so it'll be even tougher at your local Wal-Marts and Best Buys.

Also the more PS3 accessories and titles you preorder along with your system, the better chance of actually getting one. Either way I'm just glad I'm not participating in the madness.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Simo

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Oct 9, 2006, 09:12 PM #6 of 3592
Originally Posted by sprouticus
Any word on if they will be holding online reservations as well?
Eventually but not tomorrow. 10/10 seems it'll be the first and only day for in-store preorders given the supply and demand so I'm wondering how they're going to make online preorders work if units are so limited.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Simo

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Oct 10, 2006, 09:07 PM #7 of 3592
Originally Posted by Slayer X
I would love to see that eBay rule go through. Not that I have anything against anyone here, and I love laughing at people who pay WAY too much for stuff. But at the same time I don't think that it's right... for many reasons.
eBay is already clamping down on PS3 auctions by removing listings and suspending the sellers responsible. Sony is supposebly going to keeping an eye on eBay too so that any auctions that use their copyright, IE images or product descriptions, then they'll have them pulled.

FELIPE NO
Simo

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Oct 13, 2006, 02:34 PM #8 of 3592
Originally Posted by Mucknuggle
Have they made an official statement about this?
I don't believe so but the reason eBay was removing auctions before was because sellers were breaking eBay policies, IE items being listed must be on hand and ready to ship within 30 days of auction ending.

So technically you can have a listing for a PS3 up on eBay now as long as the auction ends after October 17th because then by the 30 day timeframe the PS3 will be available nationwide.

BTW Did anyone else read Eurogamer's write up about the 'PS3 Online Interface'?
http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=68677

There's some good stuff there and if Sony manages to pull it all off....Either way I like the option of being able to download PS1 and PS2 titles which would help with some backlogged or missed titles. Maybe this allow territories in Europe and so on to finally be able to experience Xenogears, Chrono Cross and even Parasite Eve without import fees and mod methods.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Simo

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Oct 13, 2006, 05:09 PM #9 of 3592
That's seriously not fair. Why would the reservers have to wait in line like everyone else, when they're guaranteed the system? The way this whole arrangement goes, it should go reservers>regular buyers.

My job is still new, so I don't really want to lie. I guess I'll have to either send my sister out around noon (2 hours after the store opens, so the line should die down. keyword is "should"), or just leave it up to fate and check the store later at 3:00pm.
You should be lucky you was even able to reserve it. There won't be any "regular buyers" because the number of preorder units your GameStop store was allowing to be reserved is the total number of units they'll be receiving and that'll be available. Period.

For example my nearest EB store is only getting 8 units and all 8 were preordered so if I was one of the lucky 8 then I shouldn't have to worry. If you're really that paranoid about the small chances of lost or broken units then sure, go in as early as possible and pick it up but I wouldn't really see a need to do so.

Simo

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Oct 13, 2006, 05:37 PM #10 of 3592
Okay, that makes more sense. So in other words, there shouldn't even be a line aside from the 8-16 people who pre-ordered it in the first place, because they'll only have systems for the reservers and nothing for regular walk-ins?
Correct.

You'll be seeing lineups at the likes of Best Buy and Wal-Mart because they have no reserve system, that I know of, and they're only supposed to be getting a maximum of 10 units while EB/GameStop has a max of 16 depending on store location. There's no harm in going early though to pick up your system but then there should be no problem in going at 3pm either.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Simo

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Oct 13, 2006, 06:25 PM #11 of 3592
I imagine they will just because your average consumer won't know about the preorders which is surprising how fast that all happened. EB/GS didn't even have a time to announce it and all it took was a couple of message boards to spread the info like wildfire.

I'm trying to get our work to stock PS3 titles for rental. I'm not sure if Blockbuster is going to jump on the wagon just yet given they waited with the 360 so it'll give us the edge and it'll help for those who spent $600 on a machine but had nothing for a game.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Simo

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Oct 15, 2006, 08:02 PM #12 of 3592
First US TV commercial...
http://www.gameklip.com/v/1690/

First aired during screenings of The Departed. Sony had some pretty good ad campaigns back for the PS1 and PS2 and for some reason I really dig this teaser. Not a whole lot is shown but it still does a good job of conveying the launch as a "big" event.

Honestly, watching it has me wishing I could of preordered a unit too but I don't have $600 spare this Christmas especially if I'm going home for holidays.

Most amazing jew boots
Simo

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Oct 15, 2006, 08:16 PM #13 of 3592
Originally Posted by Inhert
wow nice teaser, it doesn't show up a lot though (but that's a teaser XD)

and can someone please tell me in which movie this music is played? this is really buging me XD

edit: oh i'm not sure but I think I remember, was it not in the movie 28days or something like that? a movie about zombies XD
28 Days Later or at least the trailer anyways. Actually can somebody hook me up with that track while we're on the subject?

I was speaking idiomatically.
Simo

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Oct 15, 2006, 08:39 PM #14 of 3592
lol yes that's the movie ^^ and you know what? I even have the soundtrack on my comp lol (silly me I should have check XD)

well here's the mp3 ^^
Excellent. Thanks for the track, Inhert.

Actually doesn't the whole PS3 preorder ordeal kick off for you folks up there in Canada tomorrow?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Simo

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Oct 16, 2006, 07:22 PM #15 of 3592
Heh well congrats on securing a PS3, Inhert. I wouldn't worry about not getting one though especially after putting down $200CAD.

I did make sure though that the local video store is getting PS3 titles in for rental. That way when I do eventually get a PS3 it's good to know a store 10 minutes down the road will have titles available for rent.

FELIPE NO
Simo

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Oct 16, 2006, 09:22 PM #16 of 3592
flOw looks quite nice and seems like it'd be a nice tech demo for the new controller. Watching videos of the game is almost calming..

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Simo

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Oct 20, 2006, 09:57 AM #17 of 3592
the price for the US accessories are out.

the sony HDMI cable (sold separately) 49.99$
Memory Card Adapter: 14.99$
Sixaxis controller: 49.99$

those three acessory will be out at the launch date, we'll have to wait for december for the Blu-Ray remote controller at the price of 24.99$

and there's suppose to be a Free Blu-Ray movie that will come for the first 500 000 units in the US which is: "Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby" >.>
I'm more concerned about PS3s shipping with composite leads and not HDMI, or heck even component.:eyebrow:

Is this the situation for both SKUs or will the $600 unit come with something better?

Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS3] PlayStation 3 Discussion Thread