Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PS3] PlayStation 3 Discussion Thread
Closed Thread

CelticWhisper
We've met before, haven't we?

Member 805

Level 19.24

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2006, 09:28 AM Local time: May 9, 2006, 08:28 AM #1 of 3592
It's all been said by now, and I apologize in advance for redundancy, but FUCK THIS.

Six hundred GODDAMN DOLLARS for what amounts to a flashy toy? No. No chance in hell. Sony, you and I are through if you seriously expect me to pay that kind of...no, you know what? We're just through, full stop.

Maybe in 6 years (1 year per hundred dolla' hrrhrrhrrhrhrhrhr) I'll grab a used one for, what, a slim, affordable $300?

This is bullshit. I'm getting a Wii-volution and maybe a used 360 once they're sub-$200. Just picked up a DS yesterday and I'm feeling the love for the big N like never before.

I seriously hope this adversely impacts Sony's third-party developer relations. Shin Megami Tensei 4 was supposed to be on PS3. Maybe Atlus will opt for Wii or 360, since people can actually fucking afford them and Atlus doesn't have gobs to spend on promotion. They were already talking about releasing the next Magna Carta title on 360, maybe they'll do a full switch.

I'm no Microsoft fanboy, but at least the 360 has some media centre functionality, works with the iPod, and doesn't pull a pile of bullshit like this.

I was already decided on a Wiivolution, this only further solidifies that decision. Time for a romp through Nintendoland this generation.

Oh, one more thing on that note. Sony, do you have a SINGLE FUCKING ORIGINAL CELL in your festering corporate carcass? You rip off MSFT's dual-release pricing scheme (and make it shittier than it already was), and you rip off Nintendo's Rev controller (and take it from something novel to a half-assed joke). Fucking seriously, come up with your own goddamn ideas for once.

O RITE, Blu-Ray. Heeho.

I already have my big tech investment for this year: Quad-core G5 for my video work. Sony can go wallow in their own capitalist excrement for all I care.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by CelticWhisper; May 9, 2006 at 09:32 AM.
CelticWhisper

Member 805

Level 19.24

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2006, 12:40 PM Local time: May 9, 2006, 11:40 AM #2 of 3592
Originally Posted by Mercury
The Wii is out of the competition, because it relates to a different market then the PS3 & Xbox360. Personally, I’m 23 and I could care less for the Wii, because the games on it will be in general “too childish” (if you will) for my taste, that’s all. On the other hand, my little bro which is 16 is only concerned about the Wii though. And for example, I think that’s why they’ve decided to ditch HD, since the younger audience don’t care as much for HD.
See, this is what I just don't understand. Not a criticism, don't take it as such. I'm 22 and I'm fucking DYING for a Wii. (yes, I know, I know) It looks to be perhaps more "childish," but an assload more fun. And childish can be good. Look at Katamari Damacy. The Wii looks to open doors that weren't thought of before (and sorry, Sony's half-assed imitation won't do it half as well, even though insipid news sites like IGN will give them credit for "innovating" on it), and to do so for far less money on the part of the end-user. If the Wii can be cheap, fun, and (most likely) more physically durable than the PS3 (PS2 D.R.E. problem I am looking at you), then I'm sold and the PS3 can get fucked.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

It is not my custom to go where I am not invited.
CelticWhisper

Member 805

Level 19.24

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2007, 05:43 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2007, 04:43 PM #3 of 3592
Didn't the Xbox 360 Beach volleyball game do the same thing with hair as this did? Where it looked all...ribbony?

I'm with you, I don't like the way "next-gen" is doing hair animation. In the PS2/GC era we had less fluid hair, yeah, but there was a suspension of disbelief there that this new ribbon look completely interferes with.

Otherwise a nice-looking clip. Lol@panty shot though.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

It is not my custom to go where I am not invited.
Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS3] PlayStation 3 Discussion Thread