Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PS3] PlayStation 3 Discussion Thread
Closed Thread

Hantei
SNAKE スニーキングスーツ

Member 618

Level 26.09

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2006, 02:11 AM Local time: Mar 24, 2006, 01:11 AM #1 of 3592
Originally Posted by SouthJag
I'm happy about this region-free stuff though. Now I can import Namco x Capcom if it came out in Europe and Rogue Galaxy if it doesn't come to the States.
Aren't the PS2 games are still region locked though? So your PS3 wouldn't be able to play them, I'd think.

Ahh, I really like this region free thing. As for translations/re-releases, well they wouldn't necessarily have to re-release games. Instead they could probably make the importers pay a fee to download a patch, on to the HDD, that'll switch/add in english translation. Probably cheaper for both sides.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Hantei
SNAKE スニーキングスーツ

Member 618

Level 26.09

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2006, 01:09 AM Local time: May 9, 2006, 12:09 AM #2 of 3592
Just speculating, but is the reason for the PS3 controller's lack of a rumble feature because of that lawsuit they had a while ago? I know it has something to do with the "6 degree" control thing, but is this their way of using it as excuse for the lawsuit?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Hantei
SNAKE スニーキングスーツ

Member 618

Level 26.09

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2006, 02:11 AM Local time: May 9, 2006, 01:11 AM #3 of 3592
Originally Posted by SOLDIER
The sad truth is that if you plan to wait out for the price to drop, it won't be for a long while, and certainly not before MGS4.
Well, on a positive outlook, by the time the system does the receive a price drop, MGS4 will most likely be a Greatest Hits title by then. Or a director's cut version at a reduced price will be released. So it's a plus situation, the only the bad thing is by that time anyone crazy about the series would have played it by then, meaning spoilers galore.

How ya doing, buddy?
Hantei
SNAKE スニーキングスーツ

Member 618

Level 26.09

Mar 2006

Old Sep 22, 2006, 04:08 AM Local time: Sep 22, 2006, 03:08 AM #4 of 3592
Nice, the cars and environments look almost photo realistic. Especially the shot from the rear.

Also I stumbled upon a couple pics of Ridge Racers 2. And the one that really caught my eye was Reiko (I assume it's her), she almost looks like a real Japanese girl...

http://ruliweb.dreamwiz.com/data/pre...num=534&left=b

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Hantei
SNAKE スニーキングスーツ

Member 618

Level 26.09

Mar 2006

Old Oct 31, 2006, 01:50 AM Local time: Oct 31, 2006, 12:50 AM #5 of 3592
Wow, now this is getting a little out of hand:
Quote:
Sony Misses PS3 Shipping Targets
Japan gets even fewer units.

by Anoop Gantayat
October 30, 2006 - What's worse than 100,000 units at launch? How about 80,000? The Nikkei Keizai Shimbun morning edition reports today that due to component shortages, Sony will have only 80,000 units ready for the PS3's 11/11 Japanese launch. This cuts back by a fifth the initial launch target of 100,000.

The lack of digits in that number is even more staggering when you consider that the PS2 sold out of nearly a million units when it launched back in March of 2000.

Having lived through a few weeks of attempting to obtain a PS3 pre-order, we're not too surprised by the lowered shipping numbers. Allocations disappeared quickly at online retailers that were brave enough to start pre-order programs. The online arm of media retailer Tsutaya ran out of units in 6 minutes according to Nikkei (it felt more like 1 minute to us).

Major electronics chains like Yodobashi Camera won't be taking pre-orders, Nikkei reports, so there's only one option left: line up the day before launch. Although with fewer units to go around, we're considering getting in line starting from the week prior.
Heh, this could get out of hand in Tokyo. I wouldn't be surprised if the same thing'll happen to the NA release.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/742/742510p1.html

Also Hori might be able to conjure up a rumbling controller:
Quote:
Hori Considering Rumble Controller
The Sixaxis controller could shake after all.

by Anoop Gantayat
October 27, 2006 - The latest issue of Famitsu PS2 has a short Q&A session with Hori, maker of some of the finest officially-licensed PlayStation 2 peripherals. The biggest bit from the interview concerns a piece of technology that's missing from Sony's new Sixaxis controller: rumble.

Asked if Hori was considering a peripheral to give PS3 players the gift of shake, the representative stated, "We have some ideas. However, we'd need cooperation from software makers."

Let's hope some third parties are willing to make their games compatible with a non-standard rumble accessory.

Hori has three PS3 related items due for release at the Japanese launch. A multi card reader/writer, compatible with Memory Stick, SD, Compact Flash and a variety of other cards, will retail for 2,604 yen. Hori will also release a set of SD cards in 256 MB (2,880 yen), 512 MB (3,980 yen) and 1 Gigabyte (6,780 yen) flavors.

None of these products are strictly for the PS3 -- in fact, they don't even contain the PS3 logo. But Hori is a big player in the peripheral business, so we expect true peripherals to appear in the not-so-distant future. And hopefully, some of them will bring rumble back to PlayStation gaming.
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/742/742351p1.html

I was speaking idiomatically.
Hantei
SNAKE スニーキングスーツ

Member 618

Level 26.09

Mar 2006

Old Nov 10, 2006, 12:45 PM Local time: Nov 10, 2006, 11:45 AM #6 of 3592
Saw ads for the system and games in the FutureShop flyer today (naturally, all numbers listed are in Canadian dollars). Apparently they're only getting the 60GB version, and is retailing for about $660 (if I remembered correctly). You can also buy X-Men 3 Blu-Ray for $19.99 with it. The prices for the PS3 games are $59.99, which doesn't seem much (if any) increase from how much newly released PS2 games cost (bit of a relief, though probably subject to change with the likes of MGS4, FF13, etc).

They open at 8am on the 17th, most likely to be a line up that morning!

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Hantei
SNAKE スニーキングスーツ

Member 618

Level 26.09

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2007, 02:47 AM Local time: Mar 3, 2007, 01:47 AM #7 of 3592
Also, to keep the good news rolling, Sony and Immersion shook hands, kissed and made up.

So yeah, new controller with rumble feature on the way, most likely. Kind of sucks, but it's not like anyone will be surprised when Nintendo makes their second Wii controller.
Haha, I wonder how much more the controllers are gonna cost now, assuming they do make a sixaxis with rumble feature. Heh and if they do go through with it, then they're gonna have to eat up their words about how they didn't originally include a rumble feature as it would've interfered with the motion sensitivity.

FELIPE NO

Last edited by Hantei; Mar 3, 2007 at 02:59 AM.
Hantei
SNAKE スニーキングスーツ

Member 618

Level 26.09

Mar 2006

Old Jun 7, 2007, 01:24 AM Local time: Jun 7, 2007, 12:24 AM #8 of 3592
Only on the Japanese store, but it is possible to create a Japanese account.
I tried that out (thanks for the link!), man the Japanese store got so much more. Heh, even tried the PSP connectivity for downloadable demos to the PSP, pretty neat. Heh, and we you can even download the DMC4 trailer, looks great on the TV, giving me a better idea of how it'll look when I'll play it. Hmmm, can't wait till the demo hits the store.

EDIT: Haha, just saw the Summer Holiday 20th Century 3 trailer too. That game looks pretty fun, might have to import that, assuming it'll never see the light of day on these shores.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by Hantei; Jun 7, 2007 at 01:28 AM.
Hantei
SNAKE スニーキングスーツ

Member 618

Level 26.09

Mar 2006

Old Jun 17, 2007, 06:59 PM Local time: Jun 17, 2007, 05:59 PM #9 of 3592
EDIT:
I just downloaded a game off of the Japanese store. It looks like two cartoon cats with a video camera and a microphone...? Anyways, I go to play it, and all I get is a clock and a loading screen / download screen, and CHRIST it takes forever. I always shut the game down before it an finish because the wait is so unbearable. I guess I don't really know what it is doing. Does anybody have any idea what the hell this is?
Oh I downloaded that too! Mainichi Issho, yea I get stuck at that screen as well. From what I hear you can read the daily news, or get a daily news feed in the game. Anyway, has anyone been able to get it working?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Hantei
SNAKE スニーキングスーツ

Member 618

Level 26.09

Mar 2006

Old Jun 29, 2007, 12:26 AM Local time: Jun 28, 2007, 11:26 PM #10 of 3592
I haven't beaten the demo yet though. Played it a couple times but goddamn either I suck at this game, or it's fairly difficult. No, it's retardly difficult, and this is by far my biggest gripe. There's a point where you can fight a commander or what have you, and it's slashing combo knocks you down and the AI will follow you (as well it should) to continue its attack. Unfortunately, if you don't rebound after getting knocked down, it takes forever to get off the ground and guard thus leaving you wide open for slaughter once again. I probably just need more playtime with it to get past that, but still. Bad first impression.
I imported the game about a month ago and personally I didn't find it that difficult (beaten it multiple times already with the numerous other pilots), if anything I'd league with the same difficulty you'd see in the other Musou games. Some of the commanders deal the same ridiculous amount damage as in other games (Lu Bu anyone?). The thing that really bugged me was how a lot of the enemies would just most of the time stand there and do nothing, allowing you to kill em.

Anyway, can't wait till the sequel comes, there were so many more mobile suits that they could have included. Oh yea, also, am I the only one that thinks that that's the dumbest titled they could have come up with? They should have just named it Gundam Warriors.

BTW, does anyone know what the latest firmware update was actually for? Haven't noticed the effects of it, if any, yet.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Hantei
SNAKE スニーキングスーツ

Member 618

Level 26.09

Mar 2006

Old Jul 2, 2007, 05:21 AM Local time: Jul 2, 2007, 04:21 AM #11 of 3592
Uh, wait? I think that its probably downloading all of the older news issues, which is about 100-150 episodes, so sit tight. I have it working, I don't play it much since I can't read that fast, but it works.
I seem to get stuck at this screen, heh and the only thing I can make out is PS Button and the game's title. Heh, yea, help please?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Hantei
SNAKE スニーキングスーツ

Member 618

Level 26.09

Mar 2006

Old Jul 2, 2007, 06:13 PM Local time: Jul 2, 2007, 05:13 PM #12 of 3592
It says that your date isn't correctly configured. If you want to use the option "same for every day", you have to configure the time properly. Further, it says that you should exit with the PS button and set the time correctly.
Thanks! Got to work now (just had to change something in my Date and Time Setting), heh it's pretty neat.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Hantei
SNAKE スニーキングスーツ

Member 618

Level 26.09

Mar 2006

Old Jul 3, 2007, 05:29 PM Local time: Jul 3, 2007, 04:29 PM #13 of 3592
Anyone run out and grab Ninja Gaiden Sigma yet?

I did, and it's awesome. You're given the option to install to the HDD, which I did, but it takes about 13 minutes, so find somethin' else to do. The game rocks though -- anyone whose played the demo will find some familiarity.

Spoiler:
One thing I did notice -- when I started the game, Ryu was wearing a different costume. This because I beat the demo and te game read that from the HDD? Pretty cool, if true.
I did too, heh, and man this is pretty hard. I was actually quite surprised to see it released on time (Tuesday) over here cause games usually don't make here till Thursday or Wednesday the earliest. I was also wondering the same thing about the costume cause I remember reading that there was some sort of bonus for beating the demo numerous times or something to that effect (heh, beat all the modes except Master Ninja for Ryu in the demo).

BTW, did you see any weird horizontal lines as you were playing the first 2 chapters (at the village)? Cause I had those and they were really annoying, same thing happend during the demo too. Luckily I haven't seen anymore of them popping up after chap 2 though.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Hantei
SNAKE スニーキングスーツ

Member 618

Level 26.09

Mar 2006

Old Jul 30, 2007, 04:09 AM Local time: Jul 30, 2007, 03:09 AM #14 of 3592
Just a heads up, the Bladestorm demo is on the Japanese PSN. No idea what the game is about, or even a genre, but hey it's a new demo! Downloading now!

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Hantei
SNAKE スニーキングスーツ

Member 618

Level 26.09

Mar 2006

Old Aug 13, 2007, 12:18 AM Local time: Aug 12, 2007, 11:18 PM #15 of 3592
What are you talking about? Both LAIR and Heavenly Sword are coming out in September... a SINGLE week apart.
Eh? Lair got delayed? If that's the cause then why are the flyers for Best Buy and Future Shop still have it listed with a release date of August 16th?

FELIPE NO
Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS3] PlayStation 3 Discussion Thread