Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PS3] PlayStation 3 Discussion Thread
Closed Thread

Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2006, 01:59 PM Local time: Mar 14, 2006, 11:59 AM #1 of 3592
Yeah, well at least I can budget my time accordingly and it'll help to "digest" the current games I have now. Honestly for me the PS3 can wait while other games get the attention they deserve.

Perhaps if I start getting on the PS3 games too soon, my backlog of PS1 games will never be finished since perhaps my mind will "expect" next gen graphics for everything I play then on subconsciously, perhaps not letting me fully enjoy PS1 games.

But I WOULD be saddened if FFXII was delayed any further. Even if they were to delay it, we don't have an official date yet for FFXII NA release. Oh well.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

- What we all do best -
Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2006, 09:32 PM Local time: Mar 22, 2006, 07:32 PM #2 of 3592
This is pretty great news. I myself am pretty iffy on modding my PS2, not so much because of the legality issue, but because even if I get those Japanese games I'd like to play (looks at FFXII) I don't think I'd enjoy it simply because of the language barrier, as noted in another entry.

Most amazing jew boots

- What we all do best -
Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2006, 12:14 AM Local time: Mar 22, 2006, 10:14 PM #3 of 3592
Any new pics of the controller (revised?) I sure hope Sony is smarter than that to keep the present boomerang thingamajig.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

- What we all do best -
Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2006, 05:49 PM Local time: Mar 23, 2006, 03:49 PM #4 of 3592
Yeah, now I can play all those budget Mahjong games I've been missing. Oh wait, I don't know how to play!

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

- What we all do best -

Last edited by Spatula; Mar 23, 2006 at 08:14 PM.
Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Mar 27, 2006, 02:22 PM Local time: Mar 27, 2006, 12:22 PM #5 of 3592
For TV sake, here's a site which breaks down between LCD and Plasma.

Here's the Cost Factor found at the last page, of the site:

Quote:
The Cost Factor: How Much Do I Spend?
How much do you have? Seriously, though, budget and intended use will determine the direction you take in what technology you choose. Those with the strictest budgets will want to break into HDTV via LCD rear-projection or CRT rear projection. At this price range ($1500 - $2000) CRT rear projection will most likely be the better performer, but at the cost of weight and power consumption.

If you are desperate for flat panel, it’s going to be a question of size. LCDs cost more than Plasma TVs at equal sizes. The reason for this is production yields and undersupply. There is currently a condition of undersupply for many sizes of LCD displays due to the number of manufacturing plants available and the current configuration of those plants. Couple this with lower yields on larger display sizes due to burned out pixels and quality control, and you have a demand situation which forces LCD prices up for larger displays. A fair estimate would be that above 30” an LCD TV costs at least 30-40% more than a comparable Plasma display. If you want the benefits of LCD you will have to pay for it – and we thought Plasma was expensive!

If you are made of money and want the biggest flat panel around, Samsung and LG have been battling it out for years, but Samsung has won largest in both Plasma and LCD this year. They unveiled a 57” LCD TV and an 80” Plasma screen, both are top in their category and are priced at… well, more than you want to know.

So, as always, the choice is up to you. Spend your money wisely, and keep your eyes peeled for the new technologies as they break into the marketplace. Competition is always good and should do well to make all the technologies strive for better performance and lower costs to the consumer.

I was speaking idiomatically.

- What we all do best -
Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Mar 27, 2006, 03:58 PM Local time: Mar 27, 2006, 01:58 PM #6 of 3592
I've been very impressed with my Samsung LCD 17" monitor I got 2 xmas ago. It's not failed me yet, and quite affordable.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

- What we all do best -
Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Mar 27, 2006, 06:25 PM Local time: Mar 27, 2006, 04:25 PM #7 of 3592
I can't say much for Sony products since I think the only thing Sony I have are some CD-Rs and of course my Playstation 2. Most of the other electronics in my house are Panasonic. I have LOTS of Panasonic stuff (lol Microwave).

FELIPE NO

- What we all do best -
Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Mar 27, 2006, 07:50 PM Local time: Mar 27, 2006, 05:50 PM #8 of 3592
Originally Posted by Terminus
Brilliant. Even the article is in Korean.
I detect no biasness in that article. Oh wait, I don't read Korean. So solly ;_;

And I'm surprised that Megalith is sticking up for a nationality he adamantly despises. But I guess in this case it's not so much the people as is it the goods. But honestly, so far the most notorious case I've heard of Sony's (lack of) workmanship is of Sony's PS1.

I have not owned the PS1 (the big blocky one from '95) but have read over and over again of the lamentations of gamers over the laser, and my friend went through quite a few, four of them, I think. I don't really have any complaints with the PS2. And it being "outdated" doesn't count if you're going to start pointing faults. All consoles will be outdated sooner or later.

I won't be surprised how in 2013 sometime when the PS4 is announced, everyone's going to start pointing at all the faults the PS3 had and begs Sony to lend an ear.

Megalith might argue along with the PS2 otherwise.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

- What we all do best -

Last edited by Spatula; Mar 27, 2006 at 07:52 PM.
Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Mar 27, 2006, 09:57 PM Local time: Mar 27, 2006, 07:57 PM #9 of 3592
I gotta say, these SED TV's do look sexy. This one's from TOSHIBA. Due around 2007? Yeah, about the same time I'll get my PS3. Thank god I have a nice paying job.

Shit, I better start saving up now.

- What we all do best -
Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Apr 2, 2006, 11:33 PM Local time: Apr 2, 2006, 09:33 PM #10 of 3592
Note that this is UNCONFIRMED but this is a concept controller for the PS3.

Source:http://www.gamespot.com/forums/show_...ic_id=24492033

I'm not too sure what to think of it. It doesn't seem to go well with the PS3 console, but it does look more comfortable than the boomerang.

The thing though is I'm surprised it's using the old PS logo instead of the "spiderman" font. But again it's a placeholder image I guess.

Most amazing jew boots

- What we all do best -
Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 12:10 AM Local time: Apr 2, 2006, 10:10 PM #11 of 3592
I didn't want to sound like a stick in the mud, but I personally like the PS2's look overall. The front grill makes it sleek yet "powerful" looking (okay for it's time, duh). I saw this picture quite a while ago of speculating the PS3's look:

I like this one the best:

This dish type console looks very clean and sleek, but too bad it's now just a dream. ;_;...

- What we all do best -
Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 12:25 AM Local time: Apr 2, 2006, 10:25 PM #12 of 3592
What does this "blu-ray" even look like. I keep hearing all this NEW IMPROVED BLU-RAY THAT WILL COOK BREAKFAST FOR YOU but really haven't even seen what this disc thing looks like. Yeah, I admit I'm not really the spec type that looks at all the hardware and stuff, basically if the reviews say its good, then I'll consider getting it (duh). So does this blu ray look like a spiffed up DVD or something? Yeah I did do a google image search:

http://images.google.ca/images?hl=en...AY&sa=N&tab=wi

Also, can anyone tell me what the hell this is? It's like a PS2 controller with a mini keyboard. OUTTA THIS WORLD!

- What we all do best -
Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Apr 6, 2006, 08:32 AM Local time: Apr 6, 2006, 06:32 AM #13 of 3592
Acerbandit wins, why lie.

But the more I think of it, after looking at your sig, Acer, ICO (3) or SOTC (2) + PS3 = Win. No more choppy colossi. Unless they make them the size of XBOX then yeah, everytime you fall off the colossi, you die immediately PRIOR to impacting the ground. The force of the wind and your body reaching terminal velocity would be accelerated by the blu ray disk. Then BAMB!

Back to PS3...

I was speaking idiomatically.

- What we all do best -

Last edited by Spatula; Apr 6, 2006 at 08:34 AM.
Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 09:41 AM Local time: May 11, 2006, 07:41 AM #14 of 3592
Quote:
OF COURSE YOU WOULD, YOU'RE A FILTHY FUCKING RICH SCE STUDIOS PRESIDENT
Any person would, provided they have an extra $600 USD just lying on their coffee table come happy day.

- What we all do best -

Last edited by Spatula; May 11, 2006 at 09:43 AM.
Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 06:10 PM Local time: May 11, 2006, 04:10 PM #15 of 3592
Quote:
But that goes to Final Fantasy XII, VP2: Silmeria
These two RPGs, amongst a whole boat load of other PS1 titles I still have yet to touch, are what will make up most of my gaming time without a PS3. It's a nice way to kill time, because by then, I'd say at least a good year and a half will have past by. (No, XII and VP2 will not take me that long, but if you combine all that other 8 or so RPGs that I have to slowly trudge through, then it'll surely add up in terms of gaming lenth =/ ).

And it looks like Mr. Hirai wants to add something else:

Originally Posted by gameindustrybiz
But wi-fi question remains unanswered

Following confusion over the technical specifications of the two versions of the PS3 Sony plans to launch, SCEA president Kaz Hirai has confirmed that the 20GB model will not feature HDMI output or data card inputs.

In an interview with CNN Money, Hirai said: "We felt that if you want to save something on your Memory Stick, most people have those readers on their PC, which is easily adaptable to the PlayStation 3 with a USB cord."

"The only difference is HDMI - and at this point, I don't think many people's TV's have that. The ultimate result, to my eyes anyway, is there's not a discernable difference between what you get between HDMI and other forms of high definition."

There is still some confusion over whether the 20GB PS3 will feature wi-fi functionality - according to a spec sheet issued by Sony, it will only be incorporated into the 60GB model. Neither Hirai's comments nor those made earlier by Sony Worldwide Studios president Phil Harrison have cleared up the issue.

Hirai went on to defend the price point for the PS3, which will retail for USD 599 / EURO 599 for the 60GB version and USD 599 / EURO 599 for the 20GB model. He dismissed suggestions that the price is too high, stating: "I think when you look at what we put into the box - Cell, Blu-Ray, backwards compatibility, the ability to go online - I think it's a very compelling package for consumers. The totality of what we bring to the table makes it a good value for consumers."

"What we're presenting to consumers is future-proofed. It's not going to fall by the wayside," he added.

Hirai went on to say that he is confident Sony will meet its targets of shipping four million PS3s around the globe by the end of the year, with a further two million to follow by April.

"We have the advantage of manufacturing our own chips. Most of the PlayStation 3's core components are manufactured in-house. The decision to give the go order comes when we're getting good yields."

"Obviously, the sooner the better, but we're not at the mercy of someone else."
sauce

::nobodygets20GBversionduh::

FELIPE NO

- What we all do best -

Last edited by Spatula; May 11, 2006 at 06:51 PM.
Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 01:48 PM Local time: May 17, 2006, 11:48 AM #16 of 3592
I will miss the force feedback controllers. As noted above, games that use the feature "appropriately" such as Ace Combat or a multitude of FPS/action games involving guns and projectile weapons to feel the recoil won't quite have the same effect to me, anymore. They'll still be fun, but it's a thing I've taken for granted that once your hands get used to the virbrating, you don't really notice it anymore unless there's a big ass explosion that shakes the controller more violently than normal. I liked feeling the "recoil" from the gun each time I pulled the trigger. ;_;.

- What we all do best -
Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Sep 22, 2006, 01:55 PM Local time: Sep 22, 2006, 11:55 AM #17 of 3592
So what happened to the whole PooS idea?

- What we all do best -
Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Oct 8, 2006, 07:10 PM Local time: Oct 8, 2006, 05:10 PM #18 of 3592
Quote:
Holy cow, and I thought that giant thing with the city on it's back from God of War was big.

::squishes 16th Colossus like a bug::

There's nowhere I can't reach.

- What we all do best -
Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Oct 9, 2006, 09:14 PM Local time: Oct 9, 2006, 07:14 PM #19 of 3592
Originally Posted by Simo

Also the more PS3 accessories and titles you preorder along with your system, the better chance of actually getting one. Either way I'm just glad I'm not participating in the madness.
No kidding, I thought the Xbox 360 launch was "bad" (as in for the consumers), I might actually want to drop by a mall on November 17th JUST to see people running in and out and probably see how long the line ups are, with all the faces of whomever not getting their hands on a PS3.
Then I might do the same for the 19th, cause I've got not much else to do with my time ^___^.

- What we all do best -
Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Oct 9, 2006, 09:27 PM Local time: Oct 9, 2006, 07:27 PM #20 of 3592
Pay for my airfare? Do we get to play with the merchandise before we 2nd hand sell it? .

Hell! I might go the 16th and see how the line ups are like in my city. I really don't know, but I don't think I've seen with my own eyes a line up that was more than a few hours in advance in my life. I don't think I'd ever do that, actually. Staying in line more than even 30 minutes gets me on my nerves, think of how I'd be the next morning. LET ME IN LET ME IN!

Maybe Hantei is interested too, LOL.

- What we all do best -
Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Oct 10, 2006, 01:33 PM Local time: Oct 10, 2006, 11:33 AM #21 of 3592
Originally Posted by Mucknuggle
I just called the local EB: uuhh... we don't have any details on that. Can you call back in about an hour when the manager returns?

WTF...
Same, I just called the Chinook EB Games, which is supposedly the "flagship" EB Games for Calgary, and the dude their at least knows that the US preorders are happening today, which he noted as a sign that Canadian can expect theirs soon. At least this guy I can take his word for. Actually the main reason for calling was seeing if my VP2 walkthrough guide preorder was available for pick up, turned out to be the same guy ^___^.

Most amazing jew boots

- What we all do best -
Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Oct 10, 2006, 11:32 PM Local time: Oct 10, 2006, 09:32 PM #22 of 3592
Originally Posted by Intelligent Monkey
Getting stuff day one is exciting though, you can look forward to all sorts of cool system faults and spending hours on the phone with tech-support!
Quoted for 1000% truth. Seeing how the PS2 had it's share of bugs, I'd like to see the reviews and ratings and trouble spots for the PS3.

- What we all do best -
Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Oct 11, 2006, 01:34 PM Local time: Oct 11, 2006, 11:34 AM #23 of 3592

- What we all do best -
Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Oct 11, 2006, 08:09 PM Local time: Oct 11, 2006, 06:09 PM #24 of 3592
Quote:
On a different note, I think the PS3 has shot itself in the foot by charging so much and putting the release back again. By that point, christmas is gone and people have either bought 360's or Wii's.
Whoa what the fuck. The PS3 has been delayed again? Or is this the Europe side only. I remember hearing Europe's release would get pushed back to 2007, while Japan and North America still gets the Nov 17 release date. Sorry, I haven't been following much PS3 news and pick up on bits and pieces here and there.

- What we all do best -
Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Oct 11, 2006, 08:24 PM Local time: Oct 11, 2006, 06:24 PM #25 of 3592
Okay Jesus Christ, people. I just basically loled so damn hard at this.

Spoiler:

You may click here to say WTF

- What we all do best -
Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS3] PlayStation 3 Discussion Thread