Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PS3] PlayStation 3 Discussion Thread
Closed Thread

Hotobu
Good Chocobo

Member 5982

Level 14.90

Apr 2006

Old Sep 15, 2006, 01:01 AM #1 of 3592
Originally Posted by Pietak
I'm just waiting for the chance to pre-order. Sony had me with the first second of Kojima's MGS4 E3 video...

Yup. I'm a whore.
Yeah, but looking at the PS1 and 2 track record and the fact that they're grinding their gears trying to get units out before Christmas you may end up being Sony's bitch if you buy one of the first batch units.

Most amazing jew boots
Hotobu
Good Chocobo

Member 5982

Level 14.90

Apr 2006

Old Nov 16, 2006, 05:58 PM #2 of 3592
Originally Posted by SCHWARZE-3
So no way of hooking up a PS3 to a PC LCD monitor via HDMI to DVI-D cable then?
To YOUR monitor maybe but that's not universally true. Windows vista will support HDCP content thus some monitors (specifically the Dell 2407 WFP revision A03) DO support that. Or (I don't know if these even exist) you could get Component -> DVI/VGA and settle for 1080i (As the only way to get 1080p is through HDMI).

Originally Posted by kainlightwind
Hey just an off the topic question. Since 720p seems like the ideal thing with gaming these days, would this tv work at all with a 720p resolution for my PS3?

http://reviews.cnet.com/Sony_KV_27FS...5.html?tag=nav

Of course not it isn't even an HD TV.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by Hotobu; Nov 16, 2006 at 06:02 PM.
Hotobu
Good Chocobo

Member 5982

Level 14.90

Apr 2006

Old Nov 17, 2006, 03:17 AM #3 of 3592
Then there are the stories to come. If there are folks bold enough to rob stores for their stocks what's to stop them from following folks home and robbing them as they get out of their cars? If I were getting one I'd take an odd ass route back home; one that includes expressways and back alleys. The thing about it is that people only want it because it's new. I don't see any release games that reach out and grab my interest.

It's not worth the trouble to me, but it isn't my time, and it isn't my money.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Hotobu
Good Chocobo

Member 5982

Level 14.90

Apr 2006

Old Nov 17, 2006, 12:07 PM #4 of 3592
I've heard mixed things, does the 20 Gig version have an HDMI port?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Hotobu
Good Chocobo

Member 5982

Level 14.90

Apr 2006

Old Dec 3, 2006, 12:23 AM #5 of 3592
Can you have something downloading and play a game at the same time? That would be nice as I imagine that downloads will be freaking huge. It'd be annoying having to wait until the d/l is finished.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS3] PlayStation 3 Discussion Thread