Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PS3] PlayStation 3 Discussion Thread
Closed Thread

chibilola
thats it

Member 568

Level 6.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2007, 04:24 PM Local time: Mar 21, 2007, 02:24 PM #1 of 3592
I finally decided to play FFVII and FFVIII on my PS3. Well I start the games and I notice it right away that the 1.5 firmware update didn't fix the issues with PS1 games. Cause they still look horrible, all the update did was fix the PS2 games which still some people are complaining about. I have a standard TV from 1999 so I'm not playing it on an HDTV. I seriously hope Sony fixes this damn problem.

Even the people complaining on the PS forum are saying that their playing it on standard television sets and they see some of their PS2 games not looking like they should.

I e-mailed Sony's PlayStation customer service about it, I hope more people phone them or e-mail them so Sony fucking fixes the problem 100%. Some people dont care but I got a lot of PS2 and PS1 games that I always play.
hmm whats this all about?
I haven't bothered connecting my ps3 until some more promising games gets published and marketed

I have a JAP region ps3, it doesn't make any difference in ps3 games but I can play jap ps/ps2 games which makes me REALLY happy. But I really hate playing my old games on it because the graphics were meant for a standard TV and not a widescreen HD. So the graphics looks stretched and awkard. Kinda like when you play ps1 games on a ps2 everything looks pixalated and weird. That doesn't bother me too much because I can switch to 480i with the component cables but it's kinda of a hassle. Speaking of hassles, I can't play Harvest moon because the game doesn't reconise memory cards. wtf. I can play all the games I like except Harvest Moon. awww.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by chibilola; Mar 21, 2007 at 04:32 PM.
chibilola
thats it

Member 568

Level 6.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2007, 10:24 PM Local time: Mar 22, 2007, 08:24 PM #2 of 3592
You have a point that is culturally true, but look at Capcom (DMC 4) and Namco/Bandai (Ace Combat 6), two power houses in the Japanese games industry; Square Enix could follow suit lest us not forget the jump from Nintendo in the 90's and a repeated statment of liking to develop for other systems. I agree with you, I still believe that it will stay an exclusive as Sony will fight tooth and nail to defend one of their jems, and it does seem once square make a commitment they do keep to it.

But it would make sense for Square unlike the last generation to go multi platform because of the shear competiveness in the next gen market; they will be cutting off a large supply of revenue if they didn't. This is unlike last time when the PS2 trounced everyone they could afford for it to be exclusive to Sony.

And that is very significat, so many boards I've read people are buying their PS3 to specifically play FFXIII but why pay £425 when you can pay £289 for the pleasure. It by no means is a disaster for Sony but alot of people will opt for the lower price tag. One thing for sure is if this is true it does give consumers great choice without hurting their wallets with not having to buy another system just for those few games they want to play, whether it be Sony, MS or Nintendo.
For what I've seen FF13 was for PS3, clearly it says in blue, PS3 under platform.
http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/5...311copygm7.jpg
http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/2...321copyek3.jpg

I don't know all this haystack is coming from how SONY and SQUARE would lose customers and whatnot. They simply do not care, they do what they gonna do, and thats how they roll.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
chibilola
thats it

Member 568

Level 6.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2007, 07:27 PM Local time: Mar 23, 2007, 05:27 PM #3 of 3592
wow, that is probably the most useless thing I've ever seen.
I mean even if somebody signed that, they're still probably end up playing it anyway.

How ya doing, buddy?
Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS3] PlayStation 3 Discussion Thread