Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PS3] PlayStation 3 Discussion Thread
Closed Thread

neothe0ne
River Chocobo

Member 461

Level 25.17

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 07:48 PM #1 of 3592
And because of pirates, to watch next-gen DVD's on the computer, we need a new computer monitor, graphics card, and disc drive? To watch them on a TV, which should be superior, we need a new HDTV and a new disc player?

Something's out of place here, but it almost seems like Hollywood wants to make itself a niche instead of being mainstream.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
neothe0ne
River Chocobo

Member 461

Level 25.17

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 04:52 PM #2 of 3592
Originally Posted by Merv Burger
I stopped caring right there.

I like how nobody will ever take you seriously now that you've used "P$3."

What are you, a linux faggot.
It's funny BECAUSE the P$3 runs Linux. What is Ken Kutaragi, a Linux faggot? XFD

Originally Posted by SouthJag
So, as a recap of the conference, what all do we know about the PS3's launch?
http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/ps3/pla...dup-160603.php
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/696/696056p1.html

-Global launch on November 11th
-P$3 costs at least $425
-Hard drive accessory REQUIRED to play P$3 games, no word on whether it will be included with the console
-All P$3 games will come on Blu-Ray discs to prevent piracy (prepare for skyrocketing costs--oh wait, go back to point one)

I said "Ow".

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by neothe0ne; Mar 15, 2006 at 04:56 PM.
neothe0ne
River Chocobo

Member 461

Level 25.17

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 06:06 PM #3 of 3592
Isn't that a good thing though? First-generation Sony products have sketchy quality, especially when involving the disc drives, and we're talking about an expensive console here. By the time MGS4 comes out, PS3 may have had a price cut... or maybe not... but at least most of the quality issues should be sorted out by then.

How ya doing, buddy?
neothe0ne
River Chocobo

Member 461

Level 25.17

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 06:52 PM #4 of 3592
Don't forget that Micro$oft charges $100 for their external 20gb HDD! Yes, even though it's a "laptop" hard drive, it's still a ripoff. I wouldn't be surprised if Sony had the nerve to charge $150 or more for their 60gb HDD, loaded with Linux OS, just for "the linux faggot" lol.

How ya doing, buddy?
neothe0ne
River Chocobo

Member 461

Level 25.17

Mar 2006

Old Mar 17, 2006, 07:38 PM #5 of 3592
It's almost definitely worth less; whether it be a manufactured shortage or a real one, the 360 has had no momentum whatsoever since a little while after launch, and thus there is no advantage to launching ahead of Sony.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS3] PlayStation 3 Discussion Thread