Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PS3] PlayStation 3 Discussion Thread
Closed Thread

Newbie1234
Widowmaker

Member 421

Level 18.72

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 10:40 PM Local time: May 9, 2006, 12:40 AM #1 of 3592
I was thinking of picking one up, but after adding everything up, it'll probably come out to around $900 CDN, for the system (premium!), an extra controller and a game. Even with a stupid name, the Wii seems like a much more viable choice. I read somewhere that it'll be $250 US, but we'll know tomorrow for sure. This can very well be PSP vs DS all over again, and I think Sony knows this, which is the reason they rushed the gyro.

Killzone (which is notably absent... ) is probably Sony's last hope right now to really shut up the naysayers if Microsoft unleashes Halo 3 around PS3's launch.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Newbie1234
Widowmaker

Member 421

Level 18.72

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2006, 09:59 AM Local time: May 9, 2006, 11:59 AM #2 of 3592
Originally Posted by Stealth
I think some people are overreacting. PS3 will still sell well, regardless what the Nintendo trolls would have you believe.
With Final Fantasy XIII and MGS4, nobody can argue that the PS3 won't have its buyers (heck, I'm buying one eventually, I'm just likely going to buy the Wii first), but if Nintendo & Microsoft ever wanted to close the gap, this is pretty easily their best opportunity in years.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Newbie1234
Widowmaker

Member 421

Level 18.72

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2006, 10:11 AM Local time: May 9, 2006, 12:11 PM #3 of 3592
Originally Posted by Hantei
Well, on a positive outlook, by the time the system does the receive a price drop, MGS4 will most likely be a Greatest Hits title by then. Or a director's cut version at a reduced price will be released. So it's a plus situation, the only the bad thing is by that time anyone crazy about the series would have played it by then, meaning spoilers galore.
I doubt MGS4 will make it as a launch title or even close, as the trailer did say "2007," and PS3 launches November 2006.

PS3 also likely won't have a price drop for a year at least. Just look at the PSP, which still sells for about the same price as at launch.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Newbie1234
Widowmaker

Member 421

Level 18.72

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2006, 10:13 AM Local time: May 9, 2006, 12:13 PM #4 of 3592
Originally Posted by russ
Also, the main selling points that PS3 has right now is MGS4 and FFXIII? Ok, so basically it's nearing time for people to stop complaining about Nintendo milking its most successful franchises in order to get people to buy its console, since Sony is doing the same thing {except lol what if Konami and Square decide that Microsoft will give them a better deal to release their current flagship franchise on their console, Sony has nothing going for it anymore and they can't do anything about it since lol third party franchises are all it has}.
I was hoping to see Killzone and Motorstorm, but I guess we have absolute confirmation by their "no-shows" that neither currently even ressemble their trailers at last E3. They probably look like that "Resistance: Fall of Man," which was in my opinion one of the biggest embarrassments of the night.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Newbie1234
Widowmaker

Member 421

Level 18.72

Mar 2006

Old Aug 30, 2006, 04:21 PM Local time: Aug 30, 2006, 06:21 PM #5 of 3592
Originally Posted by Metal Sphere
Some new info on the latest PS3 devkits and controllers, from IGN.

And here we have some shots of the PS3's XMB, from IGN's Weekly video feature.

I'm pretty sure those pics of the dashboard aren't final, at least I'd hope not. That looks like it was made in 10 minutes considering that it's identical to the PSP's.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS3] PlayStation 3 Discussion Thread