Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PS3] PlayStation 3 Discussion Thread
Closed Thread

Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Nov 6, 2006, 04:12 PM #1 of 3592
The Rubik's Cube commercial is the most pretentious, egotistical thing I've ever seen a game company make.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Nov 11, 2006, 06:26 PM #2 of 3592
I visited my local Best Buy (after visiting GameStop and EB Games, as an interesting side note) and there it was: the PS3 kiosk. Neither of the major gaming places had it. I discovered a kid playing some racing game (Motor-something or other). After watching him botch the controls (seriously, kids need more education) he handed the control over to me and I promptly won a race and handed off to the next putz in line. A couple of times I heard kids say, "Wow! Look at the graphics!" and I groaned to myself a little.

The graphics are good, yeah, OK, natural progression of computers and graphics told us we knew this would happen. Frankly, I was disappointed. Oh boy! Look at all the parts when my car explodes! They intentionally slow this part down to show you all the parts! Then your car respawns and the framerate is still kinda choppy while you're racing, even if you've got no one in front of you. I expect/require 60 FPS at this point in the gaming cycle and this game doesn't have it. Otherwise it was a fairly generic racing game; no weapons, no powerups, just you, some ATVs, boosting and some decent graphics.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS3] PlayStation 3 Discussion Thread