Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PS3] PlayStation 3 Discussion Thread
Closed Thread

quazi
I apologize for nothing!

Member 353

Level 15.08

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 03:48 PM #1 of 3592
Originally Posted by neothe0ne
And because of pirates, to watch next-gen DVD's on the computer, we need a new computer monitor, graphics card, and disc drive? To watch them on a TV, which should be superior, we need a new HDTV and a new disc player?

Something's out of place here, but it almost seems like Hollywood wants to make itself a niche instead of being mainstream.
Anti-piracy pirates haven't figured it out yet. Effective anti-copying measures need to do one and only one thing. They need to make it easier to pay for the products you use rather than steal them. This new wave of anti-copying measures ironically does the exact opposite. It almost only targets the users who buy products with their own money. If you steal ripped Blu-Ray files that have their copyright protection cracked then you don't need to deal with any of this mess. Way to go MIAA.

How ya doing, buddy?

"Oh sirrah"
-Hedonism Bot
quazi
I apologize for nothing!

Member 353

Level 15.08

Mar 2006

Old Mar 27, 2006, 06:17 PM #2 of 3592
Originally Posted by Megalith
Why don't you nubs just get a CRT.

The weight is only an issue if you have to carry it to the 2nd floor and you're Asian.
Or if you're in college and have to worry about transporting it home several times a year.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

"Oh sirrah"
-Hedonism Bot
quazi
I apologize for nothing!

Member 353

Level 15.08

Mar 2006

Old Oct 18, 2006, 08:56 PM #3 of 3592
It's likely that replacing the battery would probably be more expensive than buying a new controller anyway. The question lies whether it would be cheaper than buying double A's, but I suspect that it is. I honestly don't see what the problem is here.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

"Oh sirrah"
-Hedonism Bot
quazi
I apologize for nothing!

Member 353

Level 15.08

Mar 2006

Old Jan 10, 2007, 09:48 PM #4 of 3592
Anything is better than composite cords. I seriously wonder why they even package their consoles with them, and then I remember some people really do have such horrible televisions that they can't accept anything better.

We should all have a moment of silence for these people who can't afford to spend even $200 on a new tv that at least has a single s-video or component slot.
For some people, it's simply not worth 200$ to have your games look slightly better on television. If you already have a suitable television for your needs, why spend 200$ when you can just use composite? This is just an incredibly boneheaded assumption by you that everyone who wants to play a video game system should go out and buy a new television. Composite cables don't look perfect by any means, but they look good enough when you're not playing on a 30"+ TV (and considering probably about 90% of college students don't have TVs that size in their room, that makes up a pretty large portion of the market.)

With my Dell 2405fpw I'm happily not included in this group, but to say that they can't afford a good TV simply because they choose not to buy one is a ridiculous generalization.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

"Oh sirrah"
-Hedonism Bot
quazi
I apologize for nothing!

Member 353

Level 15.08

Mar 2006

Old Jul 25, 2007, 12:11 PM #5 of 3592
Did you try it with component (RGB) cables or HDMI/DVI? The digital signal will not work, but if you connect component cables to your monitor, you should still be able to run the PS3 on it, albeit with a maximum resolution of 720p.

I was speaking idiomatically.

"Oh sirrah"
-Hedonism Bot
Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS3] PlayStation 3 Discussion Thread