Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PS3] PlayStation 3 Discussion Thread
Closed Thread

Inhert
The body may heal, the mind is not always so resilient.

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2006, 04:39 AM #1 of 3592
Originally Posted by Cetra
The PS2 was roughly $450 in Japan when the Gamecube was released for roughly $250. That's $200, and the PS2 continued to dominate sales. You also seem to forget people will see the major difference in graphics quality between the PS3 and Wii while the Gamecube actually had better graphics. Graphics sell regardless if you agree with the philosophy. It's also one time purchase which is expected to last at least 4-5 years. In the end people will be more than willing to spend the extra money if it is able to offer a gaming experience above the competition comparable to the PS2 vs the Gamecube and XBox.

80% of PS2 owners sit in the 23-35 age group. This group has an insane amount of disposable income. These are the same people that are willing to pay $300 for a slick looking MP3 player. How can you say the best looking game console with the most features and the (I'll say potentially at this point just to save some argument ) most diverse software lineup can't sell for a few hundred dollars more than its competition? If anything I would be more concerned about the competition being able to convince people that it is not worth the purchase. The Playstation produce name is immense, I think far larger that most people seem to think on this board. Do I even need to mention Microsoft can't even keep up with demand for their $500 product? There is simply no reason a $500-$600 PS3 won't sell.

Also about price drops. Don't expect one before launch, but there will be plenty down the road. The manufacturing cost of Blu-Ray drives alone is expected to be cut in half every six months from now.
all i have to say is, I think the same thing as you XD

really the ps2 was 500$can here, and yeah everyone thought it was too high and again there was not enough ps2 for everyone >.> it will prbably be the same thing for ps3. Now I'm a little concern about game price...

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Inhert

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2006, 04:54 AM #2 of 3592
you know it's the same thing as someone that go buy an HDTV. evryone could say why pay that much for a tv >.> smeone that want an HDTV it's because they want better experience and technology so they are willing to pay more to have a bigger and better TV. Same thing for console, player want to have a betetr gaming experience with the latest technology so they are willing o put the cash on it...

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Inhert

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 05:59 PM #3 of 3592
Originally Posted by Technophile
See, that's what gets me. What if I'm not interested in the damn blu-ray player? I'm not making the jump to HD anytime soon. I want a PS3 for the FFXIII's and MGS4's.
the problem you don't see is that to have a game with so beautiful real-time 3D graphic, you need this blu-ray disc, otherwise the game would fit on like what 5 dvd >.>

i'm not saying that it's the blu-ray that does the performance, but heh the game does take a lot of space now for those graphic and game content >.>

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Inhert

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Jun 24, 2006, 11:46 AM #4 of 3592
I have a question, I just hope that it wasn,t already answered:

will the ps2 game online will be compatible with the ps3 online? like i have some game that i can play online (burnout, MGS3) and don't have the network adaptor, so will I be able to play those game online with the ps3? ( I 'll probable take the 600$ version for the wi-fi)

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Inhert

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Jul 8, 2006, 03:58 PM #5 of 3592
ok I must be blind because really I stare at this ps3 for like 5min and never saw that apple logo...maybe they change before I could see it >.>

I was speaking idiomatically.
Inhert

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Jul 9, 2006, 01:35 AM #6 of 3592
Originally Posted by Cetra
If you can see that logo flash you need to reconfigure your monitor. :P
well then I'm happy that I don't see it because even in that picture that someone posted I don't see it XD

Most amazing jew boots
Inhert

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Jul 11, 2006, 07:05 PM #7 of 3592
but I thought that the ps3 controller was exactly the same thing as the ps2 just wireless (and with the motion thingy)

so beside to save some money I don't see why someone will not like it...

FELIPE NO
Inhert

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Jul 11, 2006, 11:15 PM #8 of 3592
you know if the ps3 controller wil not have this rumble feature, I don't think any video game company will create those rumble feature for a controller that don't support it >.>

so the ps2 controller is still the same as the ps3 (except the cord >.>)

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Inhert; Jul 11, 2006 at 11:17 PM.
Inhert

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Sep 6, 2006, 06:37 PM #9 of 3592
well if there will be 2 million ps3 by the end of the year, it's pretty find with me. If I can,t get one on lauch date i'll take on for christmas ^^

Inhert

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Sep 11, 2006, 07:40 PM #10 of 3592
last time I got to EB games O ask them the release date of the PS3 in Canada and they have the same date as the US (yay!) but they didn't really know if they will accept pre-order and the guy said that there will probably have to refuse any pre-order...so I guess it's first on spot, first served...

I already plan to take my friday off from school XD (I only have one class in the mornig and I can manage to miss one day XD) so I'll still get up early to be first at the opening of EB games XD

Inhert

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Sep 11, 2006, 09:54 PM #11 of 3592
Originally Posted by SouthJag
Now, for those of you who think you can just appear at midnight or opening launch day and get your PS3? Think again.

[...]

so I'd imagine a store like mine would receive somewhere around 15/16 units. And you can bet every. single. one. will be reserved.

So unless you wanna fight through hordes of people at Wal-Mart, Best Buy, whathaveyou, pre-order your system.
I know that ... it's just that the store here said that they will probably not accept pre-order(not that they don't take them now, but that they will probably never take pre-order...) so if they do change they mind and start to take pre-order, I'll be sure to reserve one >.> if not then I'll go at the opening (there's really nothing else to do...)

or i'll wait till christmas because apparantly there will be around 1 million ps3 more by the end of the year...

so in all will see, I still have to buy some game in october, so I'll ask again and again when they'll start to take pre-order XD

Inhert

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Sep 12, 2006, 06:40 AM #12 of 3592
yeah I saw that, can't say it's bad it's just that on ps3 I think enchanted arms will have a fierce competition...

Inhert

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Sep 22, 2006, 06:47 AM #13 of 3592
sweet! wow all those screen shot are amazing, White knights and Ninja Gaiden are the oen that catch my attention ^^

and I like the transparent case, like they are doing with the psp case, it's nice to have a great cover and open the case to see abother wonderful "inside cover art" in it (look at Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth cover) well at least it's better then that ugly cover with the big blue thing on top of it...

Inhert

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Sep 24, 2006, 09:11 PM #14 of 3592
I don't remember seeing any ps1 with the ps2 enhancement at the lauch of the ps2 so I don't see why they would have done it now...

anyway just a normal backward compatibility (by that I mean no enhancement) will still be better then the backward compatibility of the 360 >.>

if there's really some enhancement, I would really like to see Shoadow of the Colossus running on the ps3 (to see if it will help the framerate problem)

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Inhert; Sep 24, 2006 at 10:38 PM.
Inhert

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Oct 9, 2006, 07:24 PM #15 of 3592
well apparently this doesn't work for Canada >.> because I called ebgames today and they said that they will not take any pre-order >.<

FELIPE NO
Inhert

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Oct 9, 2006, 07:46 PM #16 of 3592
well I don't know if it's for all Canada, at least that's what the eb games close to me said, actualy they still don't even know how many console they'll get... and that they will not accept pre-order because of the limited supply...

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Inhert

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Oct 9, 2006, 08:19 PM #17 of 3592
yes i'm in Quebec so i'm not sure if this is just for my local store, for all the Quebec or if it's for all Canada...so we'll wait and see...

anyway I already reserve my day to go buy/take my ps3 the mornign it will came out ^^

Inhert

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Oct 10, 2006, 05:45 PM #18 of 3592
well on ebgames website for the ps3 they already said that due to high demand and limited quantities that they close the in-store pre-order...

I hope the pre-order for Canada will soon begin I really want one at the launch date XD if not I hope that it's true that there'll be 1.5m other console by the end of the year...

Inhert

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Oct 11, 2006, 10:38 PM #19 of 3592
well they said 400 00 unit in for the launch and another 1.5m or something by the end of the year so basicly about 1m units for xmas (I hope they will be able to do it :\)

Inhert

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Oct 12, 2006, 05:40 PM #20 of 3592
Originally Posted by Spatula
Oh man this is great, $200 CANADIAN DEPOSIT REQUIRED!

Preorders for the PS3 begin Monday October 16th.

it's fun that even with this official announce, I called the ebgame and they are totally clueless about that, even if it come from the website and they still don't have the sku nor they know how many system they will get >.>

I guess I'll call back next Sunday to see if they will accept the pre-order >.>

Last edited by Inhert; Oct 12, 2006 at 05:42 PM.
Inhert

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Oct 12, 2006, 11:31 PM #21 of 3592
Originally Posted by Metal Sphere
Fantavidon! oh no I'll be sure not to make the same mistake twice XD got this game is boring XD but I'm curious what could look some next-gen fireworks...(or is it only the ps2 version? didn't it suported widescreen...)

Edith nevermind i saw the disk on the second picture, yes it's only ps2 version XD still curious what they could do with the ps3 for fireworks effect XD (not that it's really complicated...)

Last edited by Inhert; Oct 12, 2006 at 11:33 PM.
Inhert

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Oct 12, 2006, 11:42 PM #22 of 3592
seem like it... maybe the wi-fi thing take a lil more space XD ( I really don't know XD)

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Inhert

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Oct 15, 2006, 08:12 PM #23 of 3592
wow nice teaser, it doesn't show up a lot though (but that's a teaser XD)

and can someone please tell me in which movie this music is played? this is really buging me XD

edit: oh i'm not sure but I think I remember, was it not in the movie 28days or something like that? a movie about zombies XD

FELIPE NO

Last edited by Inhert; Oct 15, 2006 at 08:16 PM.
Inhert

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Oct 15, 2006, 08:21 PM #24 of 3592
lol yes that's the movie ^^ and you know what? I even have the soundtrack on my comp lol (silly me I should have check XD)

well here's the mp3 ^^

Most amazing jew boots
Inhert

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Oct 15, 2006, 08:42 PM #25 of 3592
well that's what the ebgames website say, but I called them today and they say that they didn't had any news about it... so that's probably just for my city (it's not a big city)

anyway I have my mother go tomorow morning just in case they will take them...

Last edited by Inhert; Oct 15, 2006 at 08:48 PM.
Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS3] PlayStation 3 Discussion Thread