Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PS3] PlayStation 3 Discussion Thread
Closed Thread

JackyBoy
A Cinnamon Role?

Member 2219

Level 13.14

Mar 2006

Old Sep 25, 2006, 09:27 PM #1 of 3592
You might even consider purchasing the games you play to like, you know, support the industry and all that jazz. Especially some of the smaller guys. I can't be positive but I'm pretty sure this world doesn't owe you a living.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

You're staring at me like I just asked you what the fucking square root of something.
JackyBoy
A Cinnamon Role?

Member 2219

Level 13.14

Mar 2006

Old Oct 10, 2006, 11:04 PM #2 of 3592
I hope Sony do everything they can to prevent the reselling of PS3s on Ebay. It's morally a pretty low thing to do but I'm even more surprised there aren't some sort of laws in place that prohibit this practice. I'm not certain but I mean I don't think it's legal to say round up as many PS3s as you can on launch day and then sell them out the back of your van downtown with a 500% markup. I just feel bad for the honest parents hoping to put a PS3 under the christmas tree and having to pay some shithead who's too lazy to work for a living like the rest of world.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

You're staring at me like I just asked you what the fucking square root of something.
JackyBoy
A Cinnamon Role?

Member 2219

Level 13.14

Mar 2006

Old Oct 15, 2006, 11:51 AM #3 of 3592
The UK offices over at IGN received their PS3 and had a couple things to say about it. It seems the I/O is touch sensitive rather than using a thermal sensor. Conflicting reports? I was surprised to read that they are pretty much not impressed at all with the SIXAXIS controller.

Quote:
Prepare to be shocked though: we don't really like it all that much. True enough, you can go along with Phil Harrison's proclamation that it's already the industry-standard controller amongst umpteen-million gamers around the globe, but, arguably, that doesn't make it the best. Personally, we can't help but feel that the SIXAXIS (as it's now known) has been sadly neglected when viewed alongside the rest of the PS3. Compared to Microsoft's uber-comfortable Xbox 360 pad, the SIXAXIS feels cheap, plasticky, uncomfortable and disconcertingly light - almost as if it's going to fly out of your hands during those more extreme gaming moments.
That doesn't sound too good. On the other hand however, I like what they had to say about the system boot-up. It's a small detail but the PS2 boot-up sequence I found was very underwhelming. I'm really glad Sony went with a more powerful opening sequence similar to the PlayStation boot-up.

Quote:
One nice new touch during boot-up though is the tantalizing orchestral tune-up sound that accompanies the wafting hessian backdrop and unassuming "Sony Computer Entertainment" logo - it's got that whole "Let's get this goddamn show on the road!" feel to it, so nice job Sony.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

JackyBoy
A Cinnamon Role?

Member 2219

Level 13.14

Mar 2006

Old Oct 16, 2006, 11:52 AM #4 of 3592
Originally Posted by immp
??? I guess they're saying the Wii isnt actually nextgen?
That sounds pretty accurate to me. That magic wand that sprinkles glitter dust as you move it about, which they call a controller, doesn't scream nextgen to me. The point is however, don't quote on me this, but if I understand correctly the PS3 will physically read PlayStation and PS2 media and then offers a Virtual Console type of thing on the side to make older games available to players interested in them.

Whereas Wii's backwards compatibility is the equivalent of: "GIVE US YOUR MONEY."

How ya doing, buddy?

JackyBoy
A Cinnamon Role?

Member 2219

Level 13.14

Mar 2006

Old Oct 25, 2006, 12:53 AM #5 of 3592
Simply wow. Those Play Beyond movies are insane. I love the professionalism of them. Very smartly done. I can't wait to watch the other 4 to be posted.

Here's to hoping the Sonic Team can do something special this time. The hi-res images look stunning. Surely that's proof of the quality to expect from the game. Right?

Most amazing jew boots

JackyBoy
A Cinnamon Role?

Member 2219

Level 13.14

Mar 2006

Old Dec 8, 2006, 12:31 PM #6 of 3592
Is there such a connector available that will allow me to hook up my PS2 and Gamecube using the composite cables to the VGA input on my LCD? I also own an ALL IN WONDER X800XT but I can't for the life of me figure out how to use all the converter boxes and contraptions it came with. I was positive I'd be able to get this to work somehow but I fail. My problem is that the television (not mine) is in one room and my stereo is in another. This means the time I can spend gaming on that TV is very limited and I also have to deal with crappy sound. As much as I am enjoying playing FFXII at the moment it sucks only being able to play at 1:00am with the crappy sound turned all the way down because everyone is asleep. Woe.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS3] PlayStation 3 Discussion Thread