Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PS3] PlayStation 3 Discussion Thread
Closed Thread

DragoonKain
Titletown, USA

Member 144

Level 23.83

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 10:39 PM #1 of 3592
Good to see I'm not the only one pissed at Sony. I was a big Sony fan, but I am extremely disappointed with the developments.

Most amazing jew boots
THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE YOUR 2008 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS.
DragoonKain
Titletown, USA

Member 144

Level 23.83

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 10:56 PM #2 of 3592
No rumble is annoying. It may seem like a minor thing, but I've went back to PSX a few times when doing things with it, and you REALLY miss the rumble capability. Sony really blew it this time IMO. They are afraid to innovate to stay on top.

Plus, I hate the dual shock controller. I waited 10 years for a change and STILL haven't got one. Are you kidding me? They have the worst analog sticks in the worst possible place. Not only are they positioned poorly, but the analog sticks don't have indentations for your thumbs. It's a minor thing, but still. Minor things added up can go a long way to improve the system.

Most amazing jew boots
DragoonKain
Titletown, USA

Member 144

Level 23.83

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 11:05 PM #3 of 3592
With new systems, sometimes it's the small things that really make an impression on you. Like with the 360, the added comfort with the back grip of the controller, and the start and back buttons moved. Also moving the black and white buttons and adding shoulder buttons. Plus turning the console off and on from the controller.

Sony seems afraid to make any changes. The dual shock isn't a bad controller, but it's not great. they were afraid to innovate. Do we really need motion sensors in it? That to me is a turn off, not a turn on. I wouldn't want to play a game that had it, and it prevents rumble capabilities.

How ya doing, buddy?
DragoonKain
Titletown, USA

Member 144

Level 23.83

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 11:10 PM #4 of 3592
Sometimes fine isn't good enough. Instead of fine, it can be great. They just decided to not try to make the best controller they could, I guess. Unless they admit they can't think of anything better.

It's a tad too small for my hands, which makes long sessions uncomfortable. Plus my thumbs slip off the analog sticks with the slick rubbery texture. Just not a huge fan of it. It's not bad, but not that great either.

Most amazing jew boots
DragoonKain
Titletown, USA

Member 144

Level 23.83

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 11:49 PM #5 of 3592
Happy birthday! :biggrin:

I was speaking idiomatically.
DragoonKain
Titletown, USA

Member 144

Level 23.83

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2006, 12:48 AM #6 of 3592
I'd be happy with the controller if they at least changed the analog sticks to have thumb indentations. Is that too much to ask? I'm surprised no one else has complained about that.

Most amazing jew boots
DragoonKain
Titletown, USA

Member 144

Level 23.83

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2006, 02:42 PM #7 of 3592
I disagree with the posters saying that the system will still sell fine. While gamers over 20 may be able to afford a $600 system, that doesn't mean they'll buy it. $600 takes a nice chunk out of the 20-30 gamer's monthly expenses. Not to mention games they'll have to buy for it(which we don't even know the price for yet).

Also you have to factor in the people that aren't buying them from EB or Gamestop in person. Everywhere else pretty much sells their systems in bundles(including EB and Gamestop online). PS3 bundles could be around $900, which I'm sorry but no one is going to pay.

Basically my point is while people may be able to afford it, it doesn't mean they'll buy it. I mean I could blow all my money right now on a brand new flat screen TV if I wanted, but I won't do that. Plus, when you go into a store with $600, it's just hard to blow it all on one thing. I'm sure you've all gone to a store once in your life with the idea of spending a lot of money on one thing, and you have to think it through. You have to debate with yourself if you can't spend it better elsewhere or if it's worth it.

Plus the kids, unless their parents have a lot of money won't be getting one for Christmas either.

The PS3 will still get sales, but not the heavy sales some are thinking. Especially without a very strong launch lineup, and let's face it. Launch lineups are never all that strong.

FELIPE NO

Last edited by DragoonKain; May 9, 2006 at 02:46 PM.
DragoonKain
Titletown, USA

Member 144

Level 23.83

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2006, 03:21 PM #8 of 3592
Originally Posted by Metal Sphere
I just did a quick google search and I got an old economist article on the industry and the average gamer age is 28, a far cry from the 12-16 you mention. 18-34 is far more likely, a group that definitely has the disposable income needed to buy this thin.
I've heard that before and I just can't buy that. I don't know anyone over 30 who even owns a video game console, and if you walk into every house that has a 15 year old kid in it, it's going to have a PS2 in that house.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
DragoonKain
Titletown, USA

Member 144

Level 23.83

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2006, 10:47 PM #9 of 3592
Originally Posted by JazzFlight
Walk into an EB and you'll see some prime examples.

There was a mid-40s woman talking about the latest RPGs with the clerks one time I went. Hell, I saw a black woman in her mid-30s come into an EB and excitedly ask if they had the new Dynasty Warriors game on its release day. Not to mention all the 20-30 year old guys I saw on line to pick up GTA:SA and PSPs at their respective midnight launches.

Perhaps it's just your particular neighborhood.
I'm not saying nobody that age plays games, but polls say 95% of gamers are men, and combine that with a lady in her 40s being a gamer? It happens, but it's VERY VERY rare. Less than 1% of gamers are probably 40+ women.

But all you have to do is look at it logically. I say the reason online polls have a high percentage of gamers in the 25-35 range, is because I'd say that kids 15-20 don't vote in polls very often. Kids in their teens just want to game, they aren't into interacting online as much, but become moreso when they get older.

Plus it's no secret that the older you get the less and less time you have to game. I don't need polls and the like. I'm just looking at it with common sense.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
DragoonKain
Titletown, USA

Member 144

Level 23.83

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2006, 10:51 PM #10 of 3592
Originally Posted by Terran Gell
I honestly think the PS3 will do well simply because of fans. I've never bought a console on it's launch date but PS3 is definately making me think about it. The Revolutions (I refuse to call it that sad excuse for a penis joke name) game line up just isn't impressive. All I've seen is Red Steel and the new Zelda (though I thought that was coming out for GC, I don't fuckin' know... or care). From what I've seen though, the PS3 line up looks like it will have more games at launch than the 360 will have by then.

Expensive, yes. Worth it? Definately.
Whether the PS3 is worth it varies on the gamer. You have to factor in how much you game. I don't game as much as I used to. The older I get the less I game, so for me $600 isn't worth playing the thing a couple times a week. Sure there will be a game here or there that I play hardcore and sacrifice sleep for, but that is maybe 3 times a year? To me it's not worth it.

Before I got Oblivion I hardly even used my 360. I played Oblivion hardcore for about 2/3 weeks and now I'm back to not using the thing again, and I won't be using it until Madden 07 comes out. Then once that comes out it'll be another 3 months collecting dust until I get a game that I really want.

How ya doing, buddy?
DragoonKain
Titletown, USA

Member 144

Level 23.83

Mar 2006

Old Oct 10, 2006, 09:41 PM #11 of 3592
Waiting in line for this kind of stuff drives me up a wall. I'm sure not everyone will agree with me on this, but it is so damn childish and juvenile.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
DragoonKain
Titletown, USA

Member 144

Level 23.83

Mar 2006

Old Oct 10, 2006, 10:31 PM #12 of 3592
It's not even just about the money, but also the fact that they HAVE to have their PS3 on opening day. They can't wait a couple weeks. So they wait like slaves outside a store for 2 days. It isn't morally wrong, but I personally find it pathetic.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
DragoonKain
Titletown, USA

Member 144

Level 23.83

Mar 2006

Old Oct 10, 2006, 10:46 PM #13 of 3592
The funny part is when people pitch tents outside of stores and stay there for more than one day. I can't believe people actually do that. I don't claim to have the most action-packed life, nor would I want an action-packed life. I'm actually quite reserved and low key. But I don't have that kind of free time to sit outside a store for 2 days in a fucking tent. I have a job to work, I have things to do, etc. Maybe if it was something like a pair of Superbowl tickets I could do it. But the PS3 reships every few weeks. You'll eventually get one.

I never understood the frenzy to have to get things RIGHT away. That isn't even including people who resell them. The people who don't resell them, sometimes get the system and don't even buy games for it. They just want it to brag to their online friends, and have it just to have it.

Again, maybe it's just me. I've always been patient with things like that. I'd understand if it is a kid, but when you see these 35 year olds waiting in tents, I lose respect for society. Just imagine your dad or someone of that age waiting outside of a store for 2 days in a tent for a video game system. To me it is disgraceful. People need to seriously grow up.

I was speaking idiomatically.
DragoonKain
Titletown, USA

Member 144

Level 23.83

Mar 2006

Old Oct 10, 2006, 11:10 PM #14 of 3592
Originally Posted by Elixir
No, you don't understand. People will boycott the auctions by bidding on them with recently created ebay accounts to high prices. It really isn't difficult to understand what's going to happen here. People will simply bid with absolutely no intention on purchasing the product listed, just to ruin the PS3 auctions for others.

It happened for the 360. I'm just assuming it'll happen again, except there's so much hype for the PS3, it's just bound to happen.

Also: http://cgi.ebay.com/Playstation-3-Pr...QQcmdZViewItem
I love it. Those losers are probably crying. I HAVE TO RELIST, THIS ISN'T FAIR!!

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
DragoonKain
Titletown, USA

Member 144

Level 23.83

Mar 2006

Old Oct 11, 2006, 10:27 PM #15 of 3592
Are they supposed to ship a second shipment before xmas?

FELIPE NO
DragoonKain
Titletown, USA

Member 144

Level 23.83

Mar 2006

Old Oct 26, 2006, 06:43 PM #16 of 3592
I got a dilemma and need a little input. Supposedly toysrus will be doing pre-orders this sunday for PS3. I watch football on sunday starting at 1 pm, so is there any chance I could walk up at 9 am when they open and just pre-order one?

These people with no lives who wait in lines for things like pre-orders piss me off. I have things I have to do and I'm usually always not able to get things like launch systems because of it.

DragoonKain
Titletown, USA

Member 144

Level 23.83

Mar 2006

Old Oct 26, 2006, 07:12 PM #17 of 3592
Well I have a get together every sunday and have to call friends, get the food arrangements ready and stuff. Then we all meet up and watch the game at someone's house.

Plus my issue is, I don't know if there is going to be a line. If there is I won't even bother going.

DragoonKain
Titletown, USA

Member 144

Level 23.83

Mar 2006

Old Oct 26, 2006, 09:47 PM #18 of 3592
Originally Posted by CloudNine
You have to get up before 9 am to make arrangments for your game? It takes longer than 4 hours? What kind of food are you making? If you go wait in line, you would probably be out of the store at 10 after 9.
No, it's like this. I'm just basically asking if you guys think there will be a line out there at 9 am or can I just walk up and pre-order one?

Most amazing jew boots
DragoonKain
Titletown, USA

Member 144

Level 23.83

Mar 2006

Old Oct 28, 2006, 04:00 PM #19 of 3592
My local Toys R Us said it would be first come first serve. I know what that means, but I have no idea how that applies to the situation. Does that eliminate lines? I don't get it.

Because the lady told me they did that so people didn't have to line up outside, but doesn't first come first serve mean that people WILL line up outside? I'm confused.

How ya doing, buddy?
DragoonKain
Titletown, USA

Member 144

Level 23.83

Mar 2006

Old Oct 29, 2006, 02:07 AM #20 of 3592
Looosers. Drive by and throw a bucket of water on them for a 3 am wake-up call.

Thats what a buddy and me were going to do, but we decided against it. Felt a little too old for that stuff, but man it would've been a good one. It's pretty damn cold out here as it is. It is the perfect prank. Not weak but not too over the top either.

It's gonna happen when the Best Buy camp outs are in full force though. Belieeeeeeeeeve that.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by DragoonKain; Oct 29, 2006 at 02:43 AM.
DragoonKain
Titletown, USA

Member 144

Level 23.83

Mar 2006

Old Oct 30, 2006, 12:45 AM #21 of 3592
Technically all pranks make you an asshole. But like I said I didn't do it. If I did it with Best Buy it would be a super soaker.

Most amazing jew boots
DragoonKain
Titletown, USA

Member 144

Level 23.83

Mar 2006

Old Oct 30, 2006, 01:42 AM #22 of 3592
Originally Posted by CloudNine
So the guy who is too busy to wait in line has time to drive by the line and shoot people with water when the temperature is below freezing? Green paint from your football party sink in too much?

I wonder, which one is actually the pathetic one: you or the one in line?
I was actually being facetious, but it would be funny. At least IMO. If there was a YT video of someone driving by campers with a super soaker then I think a lot of people would get a good laugh.

BTW driving and shooting people with water takes about 10 minutes and camping takes about 20 hours. So I don't see the whole time relation there.

I'm too old for that kinda stuff though. I won't be soaking anyone with water believe me. Just being facetious.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by DragoonKain; Oct 30, 2006 at 02:01 AM.
DragoonKain
Titletown, USA

Member 144

Level 23.83

Mar 2006

Old Oct 31, 2006, 04:34 AM #23 of 3592
Well the big difference is, it won't take that long to mess with campers. It would only take a little bit of a drive and most likely if I were to do something like that, it would be on the way from or to something. Like a movie. But like I said before, I'm not going to do it. Pranks aren't really my thing anymore.

FELIPE NO

Last edited by DragoonKain; Oct 31, 2006 at 04:48 AM.
DragoonKain
Titletown, USA

Member 144

Level 23.83

Mar 2006

Old Nov 13, 2006, 01:19 AM #24 of 3592
Does anyone think this will work? I cooked up a little plan with some buddies so I can get the PS3 without waiting long at all. I have like 6 or so people and we were going to rotate every couple hours. I'm extreme anti-camping, but in all I wouldn't be out there all told for nearly as much as most people.

Anyone think it would work? I don't see why not, unless I'm missing something.

Last edited by DragoonKain; Nov 13, 2006 at 01:22 AM.
DragoonKain
Titletown, USA

Member 144

Level 23.83

Mar 2006

Old Nov 13, 2006, 02:16 AM #25 of 3592
That should be plenty early. I'm not one to be politically correct, so I'll just call it how I see it. Anyone who waits out there all the way up on wednesday is a loser. I have more respect for people than that so I assume few if any will start out on wednesday.

Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS3] PlayStation 3 Discussion Thread