Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PS3] PlayStation 3 Discussion Thread
Closed Thread

JasonTerminator
Sup staypuft.

Member 1276

Level 19.09

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 02:01 AM Local time: May 11, 2006, 12:01 AM #1 of 3592
Just a question:

Do you guys really think the Playstation name is strong enough to get Joe Consumer to spend another $200 on their video game system over the Xbox 360 when the games look virtually identical?

The Wii is still a wild card to me, since it's price will certainly make it appealing, it's hard to see how the general public will react to it, but if it's like the reaction to the DS it could be INSANE.

But the battle between Microsoft and Sony may have just been decided right here. A couple factoids for you guys:

*The Xbox 360 is going to have an HD-DVD add-on estimated to be around $200-$250, which basically allows people that actually give a shit about the new HD formats before one format wins to get their disc on, while Sony kinda shoves it down your throat and makes you eat the cost.

*Madden and GTA are gonna both be on Xbox 360, and despite all your feelings about Halo 2, Halo 3 is gonna be huge with the casual market. You guys aren't thinking about the average consumer.

*Despite people's tendency toward brand loyalty, the Xbox name is well-established in USA (Japs don't give a shit about Microsoft, but I have a feeling they'll embrace the Wii more than anyone else there, which could cut into Jap PS3 sales majorly) so people may not automatically buy a PS3 like so many of you are assuming.

*Despite the PS3's superior power, I highly doubt that most developers will want to utilize the additional processors availible in the Cell processor, instead focusing simply on the two identical parallel processors to allow easier porting to the Xbox 360. It's very, very smart from an economical standpoint to have games on all systems, so I'm sure that most teams will try to have their games on both systems if possible in order to maximize sales.

I mean, with all these new developments from E3, an Xbox 360 is looking increasingly appealing to me (In fact, I might actually pick one up in a few weeks), and I don't intend to get a PS3 until it has some seriously large price drops, but the Wii will be bought upon launch.

Sony is making some major mistakes here, people. I really don't think they are playing the right cards this time around. They are sounding too much like Microsoft to me, and I don't feel like paying for a Sony branded Xbox 360 after I buy my 360, and I don't think may consumers feel like paying that $200 premium either, but only time will really tell.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
JasonTerminator
Sup staypuft.

Member 1276

Level 19.09

Mar 2006

Old Nov 17, 2006, 03:44 PM Local time: Nov 17, 2006, 01:44 PM #2 of 3592
The Smash My PS3 video us up! HOT DAMN IT'S AWESOME!

Today is official PS3 insanity day, and this is the best way to end it.

I can't wait until they have the longer video for the PS3, and the Wii video in two days!

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS3] PlayStation 3 Discussion Thread