Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PS3] PlayStation 3 Discussion Thread
Closed Thread

Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2006, 08:55 AM Local time: Aug 21, 2006, 05:55 AM #1 of 3592
I hope among those announcements is a price drop, even if its not likely, one does hope. And I wonder what surprises they will throw at us...

Jam it back in, in the dark.

{ :: ~ Air - the 1000th Summer ~ :: }

:: That sea went on forever, into the blue distance ::
* That road went on forever, continuing straight ahead *

~ : Summer comes again, shining silver : ~
: When I close my eyes, suddenly I can see that day's blue sky :
Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Dec 7, 2006, 04:48 AM Local time: Dec 7, 2006, 01:48 AM #2 of 3592
Wow, can't even get their major PSX and PS2 franchises working properly... Just wait for the lesser known or obscure titles... (Like ICO for one, apparently it flickers as you play or watch cutscenes >_<)

Its obvious from the beginning that almost anyone who buys a Sony PS3 on launch MONTH is gullible or ignorant, or just downright impatient. From past consoles, be it handheld or not, it always had annoying bugs when it first launched, but man, the PS3 seems to really hit it bad. Hasn't Sony heard of the term "testing"? No wait, I forgot, Sony like its fans wants to rush the thing out before they're ready cause they're bloody impatient. While I'm happy for people who got it early cause they really wanted, I see no reason why they can't wait a little longer, unless their PS2 is so busted and the PS3 price seems to justify for the individual for some reason.

Who wants to bet the crap won't be fixed even when big titles like MGS4, FF13 or hell even the unannounced KH3 comes out? I don't think that adding Blue Ray amongst Sony's usual bugs is gonna make things any easier.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by Kairi Li; Dec 7, 2006 at 04:58 AM.
Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2007, 07:12 AM Local time: Mar 8, 2007, 04:12 AM #3 of 3592
Well its nice to see that while I still disagree with the price of the PS3 (Unless its lowered and I'm unaware of it.), looks like things are starting to look up for that heavy console.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2007, 03:26 AM Local time: May 8, 2007, 12:26 AM #4 of 3592
Anyone here using the beta version of Home yet? Any thoughts on it so far?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2007, 11:40 PM Local time: May 8, 2007, 08:40 PM #5 of 3592
October? That's yet another reason for me to wait out on getting a PS3 then. Well that and waiting for some GAMES to play on it. When its Heavenly Sword gonna be released?

I was speaking idiomatically.

Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Jul 6, 2007, 03:33 AM Local time: Jul 6, 2007, 12:33 AM #6 of 3592
The hell? Do we have a price cut or not?

http://uk.reuters.com/article/techno...6?feedType=RSS

http://kotaku.com/gaming/sony-presid...cut-275536.php

All this bouncing around is making me dizzy!

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Jul 6, 2007, 07:13 AM Local time: Jul 6, 2007, 04:13 AM #7 of 3592
I think if that happens, then the PS3 and in some form console gaming, will become a rich luxury like Caviar and fine wine, and the result will still be low sales cause how many gamers can afford luxuries like caviar? People will still "complain" that the PS3 and console gaming is too expensive.

Of course we all have our opinions and wants and needs, but the fact is that alot of people cannot AFFORD to spend 600 bucks on a over glorified Blue Ray/game console, when the Blue Ray isnt even NEEDED to play good games. Most people already own DVD players in some form and are happy with it. If they want Blue Ray, it should be an option and not forced on them like the PS3 is doing.

And I dun recall the PS2 being 600 dollars and had a HD DVD thing tagged on. It was a console that happens to play DVDs, which was a format everyone was using or starting to use. All consoles are expensive in the get go, but the PS3 is forcing on us a format that not everyone wants or cares about, and its jacking up the prices way too much for the average college student or families.

Its almost a fact that everyone wants something they can afford. If you bought something expensive and it was worth it for you, great, more power to you. But I'm sure even you will love it even more if it was more affordable or cheaper. For alot of gamers, the PS3 is not worth it at this point, especially since the games are more important.

FELIPE NO

Last edited by Kairi Li; Jul 6, 2007 at 07:20 AM.
Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Jul 6, 2007, 07:23 AM Local time: Jul 6, 2007, 04:23 AM #8 of 3592
Ah, but usually the majority accept it when the format becomes more affordable. DVD naturally had the phase where it was expensive and new, but now its alot of cheaper to produce, hence the popularity and acceptance.(And the ease of skipping to your fav part of a movie, unlike the old VHS tapes) Blue Ray is still too early in its stage, in terms of production costs. If Sony was smarter they should have waited for the tech to become easier to produce and cheaper to manufacture before slamming it into the PS3.

Now alot of gamers who want the PS3 can't afford one cause its too expensive. As a blue ray machine is perhaps a great deal, but what about those who don't care and don't wanna wait for years for it to become affordable?

And another important factor, the DVD was a revolution in terms of how we watch movies and videos. We can skip to a certain chapter. Better image and sound quality. Multiple tracks and easter eggs and extra features can be implemented. It opened up a new realm for viewers and movie makers. What does Blue Ray have that's different aside from even more space for better image and sound? Nothing really. As much as I wanna see things HD, I can afford the wait for the tech to become affordable.

However, I don't wanna wait 5 years to play MGS 4 or FF13 or whatever exclusive game they still have left.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by Kairi Li; Jul 6, 2007 at 07:31 AM.
Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Jul 6, 2007, 07:38 AM Local time: Jul 6, 2007, 04:38 AM #9 of 3592
If what you say becomes true, then awesome. But I don't think Blue Ray is depreciating that fast enough, but we'll see. I just wish Sony either waited or made Blue R as a future add on instead of forcing people to pay for something they don't want. Its forcing people like us to wait for a long while even though there still are games we wanna play. (Mentioned above.)

And Sony tossing the "100 dollars off " ball back and forth isn't helping your theory either, as much as I love to see it depreciate to a much MUCH cheaper lvl that we will forget this crap.

Last edited by Kairi Li; Jul 6, 2007 at 07:42 AM.
Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Jul 6, 2007, 11:30 PM Local time: Jul 6, 2007, 08:30 PM #10 of 3592
Trouble is despite the Blue Ray's massive storage space, its a fragile format, to quote my boyfriend:

Quote:
The blu-ray disk format is much more fragile, apparently, than the other formats. I work at an independant video game store, and we'll sometimes buy heavily damaged disks since we have a resurfacing machine. We cannot, however, buy blu-ray discs that are too scratched up because they cannot be resurfaced to functionality. Basically, this means that people are going to have a higher likelihood of needing to replace their discs if they become too damaged; discs being of course the one catagory in which Sony is currently making money since the systems are being stated by the company as being sold at a loss. This likely will cut into the circulation of used games as well, at least by a degree, which while technically (or at least potentially) good for the company, is bad for the consumer.
While multi disks isn't exactly a high point, its not that big of a deal at the same time. We had multi disks games in the past, and I rather have stable game disks as oppose to one Blue Ray that could snap any second. Past multi disks games had the same price, the only difference is a very minor inconvience of switching them. And please don't tell me it takes too much effort to switch some goddamn disks.

So I stand by this: Sony should have waited for Blue Ray to get affordable and more stable.

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by Kairi Li; Jul 6, 2007 at 11:42 PM.
Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Jul 6, 2007, 11:56 PM Local time: Jul 6, 2007, 08:56 PM #11 of 3592
And that helps the argument on the PRICE of the Blue Ray, how?

If I did decide to get Blue ray, of course I'll take good care of it. The point was we're paying alot for a extremly fragile format when all it offers is more disk space. Multi disks are cheaper to produce and buy, and will much less likely scratch.

Is it too much to ask for things to be affordable and more stable?

How ya doing, buddy?

Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Jul 12, 2007, 11:33 AM Local time: Jul 12, 2007, 08:33 AM #12 of 3592
I'm not too sure about Folklore, as it didnt sell to well in Japan. But from the new gameplay videos of Heavenly Sword, I can tell this is gonna be the first PS3 game that's gonna be worthwhile. Very God of War like, cept you're playing as a chick and has some of the best facial animation ever, along with hot next gen graphics. (Which Folklore lacks a little, its good looking, but not GREAT looking.)

http://www.gametrailers.com/game/1679.html

Its not gonna make me get the PS3 right away, but good to know some good games are coming.

How ya doing, buddy?

Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Jul 14, 2007, 11:03 AM Local time: Jul 14, 2007, 08:03 AM #13 of 3592
If there is a game thats gonna tip in the PS3's favor, is gonna be MGS4, which wont be out till NEXT year.

This year? Only Heavenly Sword actually looks awesome. I have yet to see anything else that would become the "Gears of War" for the PS3.

But can one or two games make a big difference?

I was speaking idiomatically.

Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Jul 17, 2007, 07:25 PM Local time: Jul 17, 2007, 04:25 PM #14 of 3592
Wow, I completly forgot White Knight story, hope to see some nice videos of it when TGS comes. That game looked hot.

And more Loco Roco! I love those cute buggers.

Though I doubt I'll be playing them till next year, but its nice that theres gonna be a new installment despite sales slumping in Japan.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Jul 24, 2007, 07:31 AM Local time: Jul 24, 2007, 04:31 AM #15 of 3592
I want impressions of the Heavenly Sword demo please! And screenshots/photos/videos if possible!

How ya doing, buddy?

Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Jul 27, 2007, 04:47 AM Local time: Jul 27, 2007, 01:47 AM 1 #16 of 3592
I'll agree that it wasn't the best demo that they could've released since it from a LOOOONG time ago. Actually I believe that it was the first playable demo of the game for the press, but I could be wrong. Point is that the demo is like a 60 - 70% completed build of the game and therefore you shouldn't take too much of it other then the concept of the game from the demo.

That said, this demo should have been the E3 '07 build or nothing to avoid reactions like Megalith's and Iwata's. Meh, guess time will tell the true damage or gain this demo has caused when the game comes out.
Let me get this straight, they released a OLDER version of the demo as oppose to the up to date one?

Isn't this kinda retarded? What kind of marketing is this?

Does no one know how to make a good impression anymore?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Jul 27, 2007, 12:19 PM Local time: Jul 27, 2007, 09:19 AM #17 of 3592
While I'm glad the final product will improve in quality like framerates, I still don't understand the mentality of releasing an obviously older and less stable demo to a nation wide audience. Its ASKING for a bad impression and people WILL decide not to get the game based on the demo. To a regular person, a demo is suppose to be a taste tester. If it tastes like crap already, fat chance they wanna try it again, with a price. Not all of them are gonna be all "Well its just a demo, I'm sure it will improve." nor will they research why the demo sucked.

Last edited by Kairi Li; Jul 27, 2007 at 12:22 PM.
Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Jul 27, 2007, 08:05 PM Local time: Jul 27, 2007, 05:05 PM #18 of 3592
Oh, yeah. By all means, the demo was good - I didn't intend to give the impression that it sucked at all. I just don't think it was "OMFG THIS GAME TOTALLY PWNZ" like I thought it would be from all of the reviews I've been reading from people who had played the game at E3 and stuff.

If the framerate can be increased, that would be awesome. I think that was the biggest flaw of the demo, and it wasn't even that big of a deal.
Perhaps I threw in the word "suck" prematurly, but my point is that the older demo has a technical problem which was erased in a later demo, and that I didn't understand why they chose the one with a tech problem that WAS fixed later on and show it to the public, the people that will determine the sales.

Which I now understand the development reasoning behind it thanks to Slayer X. But its still a PR's nightmare. You guys are aware that the framerate problem is already fixed, while others would think the framerate is gonna be present in the final version, especially if they're ignorant of game development what not.

Espcially since the game will be out in a month or 2, the demo that is released would give the impression that THIS is close to the final build. WE know thats not true, but the broad audience dunno what "research" means, and probably will never know and assume this is it.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by Kairi Li; Jul 27, 2007 at 08:09 PM.
Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Jul 29, 2007, 04:06 AM Local time: Jul 29, 2007, 01:06 AM #19 of 3592
The frame rate is the last thing developers work on anyway. I don't know how many developer interview I've read who all say the same thing -- frame rates come last. The final build is a month and a half away barring any release date setbacks, so I wouldn't worry about frame rate being an issue.

Also, lolin' at the two called-out PS3 fanboys were the first two to respond.
Like I said, WE know how it all works now, but what about the general audience that this game is targetted on? I think we can at least agree this is a major marketing screw up, despite an easier method on the development side. But if they rather choose an easier way at the expense of bad responses from their majority of ignorant comsumers, well, what does it say about their priorities?

I'm still confident Heavenly Sword will be a good game, I just don't understand how companies keep making lousy marketing.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Kairi Li; Jul 29, 2007 at 04:08 AM.
Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Aug 2, 2007, 05:02 AM Local time: Aug 2, 2007, 02:02 AM #20 of 3592
Which magazine is it? EGM?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS3] PlayStation 3 Discussion Thread