Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PS3] PlayStation 3 Discussion Thread
Closed Thread

RABicle
TEHLINK

Member 1049

Level 33.00

Mar 2006

Old Mar 30, 2006, 04:53 AM Local time: Mar 30, 2006, 05:53 PM #1 of 3592
Originally Posted by Cetra in the Rev thread
It really seems Nintendo has sacrificed far too much for the controller. Sure, it might innovate input, but with such a small improvement in system specs they are pretty much making it impossible to improve gameplay anyway else other than though the controller.

Revolution owners are going to miss out on any type of new gameplay elements enchantments in AI, physics and such that developers might come up with using much more powerful hardware available elsewhere. I think Oblivion is just a nice sample of the type of things powerful processors are going to be able to bring to games this generation. But, only time will tell if the controller is going to bring enough to make up for this weakness.
It really seems Nintendo Sony hasn't sacrificed far too much enouh for the controller cost. Sure, it might innovate input impressive specs, but with such a small improvement in system specs controller design they are pretty much making it impossible to improve gameplay anyway else other than though the controller more bump mapping.

RevolutionPlaystation 3 owners are going to miss out on any type of new gameplay elements enchantments in AI, physics and such that developers might come up with using much more powerful hardware a motion sensor available elsewhere. I think Oblivion Spore is just a nice sample of the type of things powerful processors aren't going to be able to bring to games this generation needed for. But, only time will tell if the controller is going to bring enough to make up for this weakness.

Most amazing jew boots
RABicle
TEHLINK

Member 1049

Level 33.00

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 02:15 AM Local time: Mar 31, 2006, 03:15 PM #2 of 3592
Originally Posted by Cetra
They could, but they aren't mostly because the increase in development costs are overinflated, mostly by Nintendo.
Originally Posted by News
Here’s one reason why: If today’s consoles are in the second half of the cycle, development costs should be in decline as game developers reach the technical limits of the platform. That’s not happening.

“Research and development costs continue to go up,” said Richard Ow, a game analyst for the NPD Group.

In 1996 a typical PlayStation game cost less than $1 million to make and sold for $49. Today, development costs for an Xbox or PlayStation 2 game run anywhere from $5 million to $7 million per title and sell for $49.99. And some game titles can cost upwards of $30 million.

Source
That's a 700% increase and these are old figures. Did you realise most games don't even turn a profit these days?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
RABicle
TEHLINK

Member 1049

Level 33.00

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 01:14 PM Local time: Apr 1, 2006, 02:14 AM #3 of 3592
Have you guys been living under a rock?
Originally Posted by Cetra
Orly? So I guess game developers stay in business by printing fake money right? Sorry, but while game cost has increased 700% the console industry has grown over 2000%.
The BBC differs, they say forcasted growth of the games industry is only 10% I don't know, where you got this 2000% idea from but certainly there aren't many more console sales this gen than last gen, let alone 20 times as many.

Originally Posted by Southjag
Besides that Rab, I would assume that you of all people would know what you said is false -- look at Super Smash Bros. Melee! I hate that game for all that it is, but I won't deny that it's the Cube's best selling game, and it has more than turned a profit for Nintendo. The same goes for Halo and the Grand Theft Auto: Vice City.
Wow that's exatly the point. Smash Brothers, Halo, GTA. These games all turned a profit. They were huge megahits. The Megahits all turn profits the games that try fail and lose money. Tons of money. Driv3r is the most extreme example.
And what about all those otehr games that don't? In case you've all forgotton the all the hostile takeovers, buyouts, mergers and bankrupcys of the past few years. Interplay, Acclaim, Eidos. These weren't small time developers.

As for the Nintendo PR I get my ideas from, better get reading guys.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/issue/8/3
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/issue/9/4

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by RABicle; Mar 31, 2006 at 01:23 PM.
RABicle
TEHLINK

Member 1049

Level 33.00

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2006, 01:38 PM Local time: May 19, 2006, 02:38 AM #4 of 3592
SouthJag, even Nintendo fanboys have come to understand that Nintendo's online service is a joke. Why can't you come aroun on Sony's.

Sony has NO FUCKING CLUE what they are doing.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by RABicle; May 19, 2006 at 04:53 AM.
RABicle
TEHLINK

Member 1049

Level 33.00

Mar 2006

Old Oct 12, 2006, 02:21 PM Local time: Oct 13, 2006, 03:21 AM #5 of 3592
I DUNNO SKILLS HAVE YOU SEEN THE POWER OF CELL?

I was speaking idiomatically.
RABicle
TEHLINK

Member 1049

Level 33.00

Mar 2006

Old Oct 12, 2006, 02:25 PM Local time: Oct 13, 2006, 03:25 AM #6 of 3592
Yeah but that doesn't include the HD present that really sets GTHD apart from regular old GT. Only PS3 and Blu Ray can provide this.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS3] PlayStation 3 Discussion Thread