Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PS3] PlayStation 3 Discussion Thread
Closed Thread

Aardark
Combustion or something and so on, fuck it

Member 10

Level 40.02

Feb 2006

Old Mar 26, 2006, 02:22 PM Local time: Mar 26, 2006, 09:22 PM #1 of 3592
Toshiba would like to have a word with you.

What does ''the most badass TV in the world'' mean? Does it make lunch for you or what?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Nothing wrong with not being strong
Nothing says we need to beat what's wrong
Nothing manmade remains made long
That's a debt we can't back out of
Aardark

Member 10

Level 40.02

Feb 2006

Old May 24, 2007, 04:17 PM Local time: May 24, 2007, 11:17 PM #2 of 3592
Hey, what's the deal with that 80 GB version of the system that's coming out? Can we expect a drop in price of the 60 GB version, and if so, by how much? Just wondering if anybody has any opinions on this.
It's for Korea only, and no, you cannot expect a price drop.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Aardark

Member 10

Level 40.02

Feb 2006

Old May 27, 2007, 10:32 AM Local time: May 27, 2007, 05:32 PM #3 of 3592
Hey guys, I don't think I gonna read all the posts in this thread (lol), but I have a question: Is it true that some (or maybe all?) PS2 games run in HD resolution after the latest update?
You only had to read the last five posts, but yeah, DVDs, PSX and PS2 games can be upscaled up to 1080p.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Aardark

Member 10

Level 40.02

Feb 2006

Old May 28, 2007, 11:41 AM Local time: May 28, 2007, 06:41 PM #4 of 3592
Did you buy a PS3 already?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Aardark

Member 10

Level 40.02

Feb 2006

Old Jun 5, 2007, 08:06 AM Local time: Jun 5, 2007, 03:06 PM #5 of 3592
Only on the Japanese store, but it is possible to create a Japanese account.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Aardark

Member 10

Level 40.02

Feb 2006

Old Jul 5, 2007, 06:41 PM Local time: Jul 6, 2007, 01:41 AM #6 of 3592

A small step in the right direction for Sony. Now all they need to do is drop that price by a hundred more dollars, AND bring back the 20 GB version for 299$. Maybe then they won't come out as the biggest failure this generation.

Also, 'work hard, play harder,' that's a good one

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Aardark

Member 10

Level 40.02

Feb 2006

Old Jul 6, 2007, 02:50 AM Local time: Jul 6, 2007, 09:50 AM 1 #7 of 3592
I like how people still complain about the price. There's a Blu-Ray-DVD drive built in, you fags, that makes the PS3 one of the cheapest Blu-Ray-DVD players on the market. If you're just interesting in playing HD games, you could as well buy a XBOX 360.

High quality has a high price. This isn't a console for hipsters.
Xbox 360 is an ugly piece of shit that breaks down when you look at it wrong, and Wii is for homosexuals, babies, and people who are okay with playing the three good games the system has.

In light of that, I really want to like PS3, but when you look at everything Sony has been doing, it becomes clear that they have no fucking clue. As I said, this is a small step in the right direction. Maybe it will somewhat help them, especially in autumn when actual games start appearing, though Microsoft has Halo 3 (generic trash that will sell millions) and exclusive content for Grand Theft Auto IV that they bought.

At any rate, 'this isn't a console for hipsters' is pretty much what the policy of Sony has been, and it's fucking retarded. People don't want an electronic multimedia entertainment Jesus in console form, the absolute majority don't even have HD TVs, let alone give a shit about Blu-Ray; they just want an affordable machine that plays good games. Sony got too cocky because of their 13 years of total domination ('People would buy PS3 even if it had no games,' actual quote there), and now they're paying the price (PS3 being outsold by Gameboy Advance).

Again, I want PS3 to succeed, and I will buy one either way, but if you don't see how Sony is fucking things up, you're just fooling yourself.

FELIPE NO
Aardark

Member 10

Level 40.02

Feb 2006

Old Jul 6, 2007, 07:24 AM Local time: Jul 6, 2007, 02:24 PM #8 of 3592
This is your opinion, I heard otherwise.

Quote:
When the PS2 was released, the costs were about the same (if you compare the price niveau back then and today), but the PS2 had one important advantage: there was basically no competition on the market, so people didn't really have a choice.

I mean, what if there weren't consoles like XBOX 360 or Wii on the market? Would people still complain about the price? Wouldn't you say that a gaming console with Blu-Ray-DVD drive and 60 GB harddisk (which can be used as a desktop PC anyway) can cost that much?
You know, it's true that the launch of PS2 was shit as well, but yes, the only competition it had was Dreamcast, and we pretty much know how that turned out (ironically, PS3 is almost the Dreamcast of this generation). But see, that's exactly the thing: yes, it did not have any competition back then. Now the situation is completely different, but Sony still wants use their old modus operandi, and that is why they are failing. Also, even when PS2 didn't have any games for the first half a year or so, it had DVD playback, which was a strong selling point at that time. On the other hand, Blu-Ray is completely the opposite. HD sales are a miserably small part of the industry total, and it only makes the console needlessly expensive.

Again, I will still buy a PS3, and I don't mind paying the current price for it. However, I know that millions of other people think it's too expensive, and if Sony continues like this, they will be the last place this generation. That means less games for PS3, or at least less games that aren't watered-down 360 ports. And that's what I do mind.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Aardark

Member 10

Level 40.02

Feb 2006

Old Jul 6, 2007, 01:07 PM Local time: Jul 6, 2007, 08:07 PM #9 of 3592
I think that people cry too much. They'll pay $2,500 for a new PC to play 10 games but not $600 for something that's more powerful then that PC, well run ALL games efficiently, and the person will probably play 50+ games in it's life span.

People need to get in check-in with reality and stop demanding things that are already too good, nevermind being better.
Haha yeah, people should stop having any demands towards companies and just be grateful for what they get, because that's exactly how the market works... HERE IN SOVIET RUSSIA

Aardark

Member 10

Level 40.02

Feb 2006

Old Jul 11, 2007, 02:56 PM Local time: Jul 11, 2007, 09:56 PM #10 of 3592
Heh, Sony is destroying the presentations of Nintendo and Microsoft at the moment. Showing a ton of games, new exclusives (oh hay guys console version of Unreal Tournament only on PS3, can use mods from PC), Raiden kicking ass and committing seppuku in new Metal Gear Solid 4 trailer (2008 release), and the best part (LittleBigPlanet presentation) is only starting.

Good job, at least they didn't fuck this one up.

Edit: bah, they didn't show much of LBP, oh well.

Last edited by Aardark; Jul 11, 2007 at 03:02 PM.
Aardark

Member 10

Level 40.02

Feb 2006

Old Jul 11, 2007, 03:45 PM Local time: Jul 11, 2007, 10:45 PM #11 of 3592
I suppose I'm disappointed because none of those trailers were by Team Ico.
Yeah, it's kind of disappointing that they didn't really show anything that people weren't already expecting. Something like rumble controller announcement, new Final Fantasy 13 stuff, new major demos in the store, an unexpected game announcement. But, well, they didn't fuck up and easily had the most solid presentation this year, I stand by that. And that's already a huge accomplishment, considering Sony's recent track record.

Additional Spam:
Aard. Sony is only getting UT3 this year. Its going to xbox 360 in January, I believe since it wouldn't do well with the big guns at that time anyway.
Yeah, that's what I imagined (a lot of Sony's 'exclusives' are really 'timed exclusives', that's pretty much what exclusive usually means this generation), but well not like I give a shit about first person shooters on consoles anyway.

Last edited by Aardark; Jul 11, 2007 at 03:47 PM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.
Aardark

Member 10

Level 40.02

Feb 2006

Old Jul 13, 2007, 05:46 AM Local time: Jul 13, 2007, 12:46 PM #12 of 3592
I can only assume that the SCEE guy doesn't know what he's talking about, as usual (he said that Europe would get PS3 before USA), though on the other hand it's possible that this is true, and Sony have simply decided that E3 wasn't a big enough failure for them this year, and they need to make a dick move like this to keep up the reputation.

Aardark

Member 10

Level 40.02

Feb 2006

Old Jul 13, 2007, 12:20 PM Local time: Jul 13, 2007, 07:20 PM #13 of 3592
What?

Aardark

Member 10

Level 40.02

Feb 2006

Old Jul 13, 2007, 12:32 PM Local time: Jul 13, 2007, 07:32 PM #14 of 3592
There's a (slim?) chance that they plan to stop producing the 60 GB version and make the 80 GB one cost 499$, but can't announce it like that, because then people would simply not buy the 60 GB PS3, and wait for the 80 GB version instead.

I mean, it's either that, or some people at Sony are completely fucked in the head. Either is a valid possibility.

How ya doing, buddy?
Aardark

Member 10

Level 40.02

Feb 2006

Old Jul 13, 2007, 12:37 PM Local time: Jul 13, 2007, 07:37 PM #15 of 3592
It would, but first of all, it's Sony (their logic is sometimes 'different'), and secondly, I personally think the 80 GB model doesn't make much sense in the first place. Fuck am I going to do with 20 extra gigs? If I plan to download a lot of shit, I'm going to replace it with something like a 250 GB laptop drive anyway; if not, 60 GB is plenty.

Most amazing jew boots
Aardark

Member 10

Level 40.02

Feb 2006

Old Jul 13, 2007, 02:19 PM Local time: Jul 13, 2007, 09:19 PM #16 of 3592
Few companies understand the psychology of dealing with a failing console. Your normal company will panic and immediately lower the price. This is wrong. It arouses contempt in the gamer heart. Make the bastard believe that everything will be fine in a few months. He will believe it.

Aardark

Member 10

Level 40.02

Feb 2006

Old Jul 14, 2007, 11:40 AM Local time: Jul 14, 2007, 06:40 PM #17 of 3592
It's not just one or two games. In addition to Heavenly Sword, there are solid exclusive titles like Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Warhawk, Lair, Ratchet & Clank, LittleBigPlanet (which I personally think will be a major system-seller for people on the fence), Folklore, Tekken 6, Home, plus multiplatform games like Stranglehold (PS3 gets exclusive collector's edition with high-definition version of Hard Boiled), Mercenaries 2, Haze (timed exclusive), Guitar Hero 3, Devil May Cry 4, Rock Band, Call of Duty 4, Unreal Tournament 3 (timed console version exclusive), Burnout Paradise, Assassin's Creed, and of course Grand Theft Auto IV.

So, there will be a shitload of games for a PS3 owner to play at the end of this year, and more exclusive blockbusters to look forward to in 2008 (Final Fantasy, Metal Gear Solid). Yes, the non-exclusives can be had on the 360 as well, but there might be some people (like me) who prefer PS3 because it doesn't have an issue of 'when will it break down?' While PS3 has been very weak so far, it still has sold about 3.5 million units -- and that's with virtually no games. Unless Sony really keeps fucking up with their price cuts and whatnot, I think it will do well in autumn/winter. They definitely won't dominate the market like they did with PS2, but PS3 will become much stronger competition for the 360 than it's been so far.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Aardark; Jul 14, 2007 at 11:56 AM.
Aardark

Member 10

Level 40.02

Feb 2006

Old Jul 16, 2007, 02:52 PM Local time: Jul 16, 2007, 09:52 PM #18 of 3592
Yes, it pretty much has started, more people have been getting invites. If you don't have it in your store, you haven't been selected (so it's not exactly 'open' beta, but yeah).

Aardark

Member 10

Level 40.02

Feb 2006

Old Jul 16, 2007, 03:57 PM Local time: Jul 16, 2007, 10:57 PM #19 of 3592
that's not the open beta, that's the closed beta that started like in may or something >.> an open beta is like when everyone can participate and not only on invite...

what musharraf is talking is that there were a rumor that after the closed beta there would be an open beta of Home in July ...
There won't be an open beta in which everyone can participate. >.> <.<

Aardark

Member 10

Level 40.02

Feb 2006

Old Jul 16, 2007, 04:13 PM Local time: Jul 16, 2007, 11:13 PM #20 of 3592
Yes I am aware of Wikipedia, but

50 000 is a number that is not equal with the total number of PlayStation 3 owners AKA everyone (it is smaller)

Aardark

Member 10

Level 40.02

Feb 2006

Old Jul 17, 2007, 04:00 PM Local time: Jul 17, 2007, 11:00 PM #21 of 3592
For instance, Oblivion is already out, but yeah, as for Japanese RPGs, you might want to wait for FFXIII.
Till 2009, lol

Aardark

Member 10

Level 40.02

Feb 2006

Old Jul 18, 2007, 05:01 AM Local time: Jul 18, 2007, 12:01 PM #22 of 3592
Umm, let's keep things like 'just get a 360' out of this thread, yes?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Aardark

Member 10

Level 40.02

Feb 2006

Old Jul 18, 2007, 05:06 AM Local time: Jul 18, 2007, 12:06 PM 1 #23 of 3592
Uhh, what makes a game an RPG? I haven't played Oblivion, but everyone calls it RPG, and if it's anything like Morrowind, then I'm pretty sure it is an RPG. What do you call it, first person bow-shooter?

Most amazing jew boots
Aardark

Member 10

Level 40.02

Feb 2006

Old Jul 20, 2007, 01:53 AM Local time: Jul 20, 2007, 08:53 AM #24 of 3592
It started in May, they're just inviting more people.

Aardark

Member 10

Level 40.02

Feb 2006

Old Jul 27, 2007, 01:41 AM Local time: Jul 27, 2007, 08:41 AM #25 of 3592
It takes time for a demo to go through all the quality checks to be released on a console. It's not really a simple and fast process. Not that it's an excuse for releasing an inferior demo, but it's most likely the reason.

Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS3] PlayStation 3 Discussion Thread