Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

*Dances on a sewer lid*

Such a Lust for Revenge!
Where's Kostaki!?

Member 9287

Level 40.98

Jul 2006

Old Sep 4, 2006, 05:53 PM Local time: Sep 4, 2006, 04:53 PM #1 of 12
*Dances on a sewer lid*

So, when I was little and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (the movie) came out, I went ape shit. I literally would dance on every sewer lid I encountered and sing the TMNT cartoon song. MICHAELANGELO IS A PARTY DUDE:

The point of this thread is what movies, in your lifetime, have you gone absolutely wild over the release? Don´t name any old fucking movie here, something that REALLY impacted you.

TMNT and Jurassic Park really hit me. I remember getting all the Dinosaur cups at McDonalds. On a level below I´d have to mention The Phanton Menace... Before it broke my heart.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
WolfDemon
Grub Killer

Member 737

Level 27.82

Mar 2006

Old Sep 4, 2006, 06:03 PM Local time: Sep 4, 2006, 03:03 PM #2 of 12
Batman Forever is one I can think of, until I actually watched it and it was utter trash. I was a huge Batman fan back then. Watched the Animated Series religiously. And the first two Batman movies were good, so this one would have to be good, right? ......

I also got pretty psyched when the first Resident Evil movie was announced, back when George Romero was still doing it and it was based on the first game, mansion and all.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Skexis
Beyond

Member 770

Level 34.03

Mar 2006

Old Sep 4, 2006, 06:12 PM Local time: Sep 4, 2006, 06:12 PM #3 of 12
When the very first teaser trailer for Lord of the Rings came out-- the one featuring just the barest of footage of Frodo and the fellowship, and then the announcement that the films would be released one a year, I remember having chills every time I watched it.

The final product(s) didn't quite live up to my anticipation, but what film really does?

About 10 years ago now, I remember seeing the trailer for Dark City at apple.com. The trailer had been out for some time, and this was before the floodgates opened and every movie had its own website, so I remember wondering if the film had had budget problems or had been cancelled. There was really no word of this movie on the street other than the trailer, but that was enough for me.
It reigns as my favorite film trailer, and in no small part because of the excellent music used, but the noir art style of the movie, and the creepiness of 1940's metropolis mixed with sci-fi and "a city that never sleeps" just totally put me on edge.

How ya doing, buddy?
Arkhangelsk
Good to see you, England

Member 524

Level 28.48

Mar 2006

Old Sep 4, 2006, 10:47 PM Local time: Sep 4, 2006, 09:47 PM #4 of 12
Ohshit, Jurassic Park became my one true love for about 4 years of my life, from 3rd grade until 6th. I bought every dinosaur book (and became the resident school dinosaur expert), collected every JP toy (still have them, too), and read the Crichton novel over and over. In 3rd grade, nonetheless. I remember doing my book report on it...I think I was the only kid reading adult-level novels at the time .

The things that kind of put a damper on my JP love were the Universal Studios ride (at the time I hated anything with scary waterfalls, which the ride did have ) and the fact that I loved the novel sequel, but then Hollywood went and mercilessly butchered everything about it. That really made me mad. Furious. My parents heard my complaining for about three weeks after I saw The Lost World: Jurassic Park.

Ironically, JP3 was closer to the second book than the actual adaptation of the second book. Heh. Whatever.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Unas
Syklis Green

Member 11611

Level 8.84

Aug 2006

Old Sep 5, 2006, 05:52 AM Local time: Sep 5, 2006, 11:52 AM #5 of 12
I gotta say I was huge into Jurassic Park, I was always completely obsessed with dinosaurs as a kid and then this thing coes out that has them wandering everywhere looking so real. It totally sold me.

I also remember being absolutely insane when I saw Tron for the first time, I couldn't believe how great that film was, man that was old school

I was speaking idiomatically.
Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Sep 5, 2006, 10:11 AM #6 of 12
Originally Posted by WolfDemon
Batman Forever is one I can think of, until I actually watched it and it was utter trash. I was a huge Batman fan back then. Watched the Animated Series religiously. And the first two Batman movies were good, so this one would have to be good, right? ......
Can someone post one thought regarding Batman Forever that doesn't make it seem like one of the worst movies ever made?

Anyway, I was exciting when Marvel decided to finally make their most popular characters come to the big screen. And although, so far, the sequels have been the best ones they make, the originals aren't bad and, in most cases, are worthy of the character being portrayed. I loved Spider-Man 2 so much that I saw it in theaters twice. (Trust me, that's rare.) They're planning on doing an Avengers movie, which makes me even more excited.

Lord of the Rings is another set of movies. Even though I didn't finish the books, I knew it would be a big undertaking and almost kept myself glued for more information about the movie.

I'm also eagerly awaiting the 24 and Transformers movies.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Tuxedo-Templar
Carob Nut

Member 9158

Level 4.12

Jun 2006

Old Sep 5, 2006, 10:34 AM #7 of 12
Ghostbusters all the way, man. I remember as a kid I used to take Cherrios boxes, copious amounts of printing paper, scissors, and scotch tape, and make my own proton packs. I was fucking obsessed with that shit back in the day.

Yeah, those were the days.

FELIPE NO

Last edited by Tuxedo-Templar; Sep 5, 2006 at 10:36 AM.
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Sep 5, 2006, 11:06 AM Local time: Sep 5, 2006, 09:06 AM #8 of 12
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for the win. I was madly obsessed with them as a kid. I have hundreds of TMNT action figures and playsets in my basement somewhere, as well as VHS tapes, weapons, costumes, etc. TMNT remains one of my all-time favorite cartoons. Even the new one is alright. Michaelangelo remains a favorite character.

Ghostbusters is pretty up there too. I have so many GB toys as well, as well as the equipment to pretend to shoot and capture ghosts.

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I was obsessed with them for 3-4 years when it premiered in America. I was in the third or fourth grade. Again, many, many action figures and zords, costumes, weapons, and more.

The Lion King. Best. Movie. Ever. This is one of the first movies I've watched over and over again, and still do. I can't get enough of it.

Aladdin. Up there with The Lion King. Periodically, I may be caught singing some of the tunes. You'd have to be really lucky (or ninja) to see this.

Finally:

MORTALLLLLLLLLLLL KOOMMMMMMMMMBAAAAAAAAAATTTT

There was a video game, another one, another one, ..., and movies. TOTAL AWESOME. The movie came out on my birthday in 1995, and it was one of the best. dates. ever. Anyway, the video games, many toys, and many choreographed (and unchoregraphed) battles.. Mortal Kombat was an obsession. While I don't follow the video games or the story anymore (since the second movie), "MORTAL KOMBAT" is still a very effective battle cry, especially when going in for the attack on people's birthdays.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
waka waka

sanemonkeytwitterlast.fmgfwbacklogyoutubexbox
WolfDemon
Grub Killer

Member 737

Level 27.82

Mar 2006

Old Sep 5, 2006, 01:09 PM Local time: Sep 5, 2006, 10:09 AM #9 of 12
Originally Posted by nazpyro
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I was obsessed with them for 3-4 years when it premiered in America. I was in the third or fourth grade. Again, many, many action figures and zords, costumes, weapons, and more.

MORTALLLLLLLLLLLL KOOMMMMMMMMMBAAAAAAAAAATTTT

There was a video game, another one, another one, ..., and movies. TOTAL AWESOME.
Oh shit, I forgot about Power Rangers and Mortal Kombat. The Power Rangers movie came out on my birthday, which was pretty cool. I thought the new armor plating on their costumes was the coolest shit ever. For days after watching that, I used to imitate the White Ranger's flying kick thing (Which he blatantly ripped off of Liu Kang's Bicycle Kick) in my cousin's pool.

As for Mortal Kombat, well, the N64 Kid comes to mind when I think of my reaction to seeing the commercial for it on TV. :ashamed:

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Sep 5, 2006, 02:45 PM Local time: Sep 5, 2006, 07:45 PM #10 of 12
A Scanner Darkly is probably the most hard-hitting thing ever for me - When it came out, I was over the fucking moon. Great sendoff for PKD.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Arkhangelsk
Good to see you, England

Member 524

Level 28.48

Mar 2006

Old Sep 5, 2006, 10:13 PM Local time: Sep 5, 2006, 09:13 PM #11 of 12
I went and saw ID4 on opening day, because the theatre playing it just happened to have a line that was right in front of the restaurant my parents and I finished eating at. We looked at the line, figured we were pretty far up in it from that point, and just kinda looked at each other and decided "what the hell." Looking back, that was the best movie showing I've ever been to. Lots of interaction and fun...yeah...I haven't been to a movie like that in a while.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > *Dances on a sewer lid*