Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

.Hack//Roots

soulsteelgray
And now for something new

Member 451

Level 18.41

Mar 2006

Old Jul 22, 2006, 12:59 PM Local time: Jul 22, 2006, 11:59 AM #126 of 140
Episode 16:
Haseo is quickly becoming one of the worst protagonists I've ever encountered. Someone needs to slap him and then bury him in the ground.

Episode 16 didn't really do anything monumental. Okay, so Pai and Yata're thinking of looking into researching Tabby to see if she's "special" and Saburou might end up being Tawaraya after all. Oh, and let's not forget how Phyllo survived his encounter with Tri-Edge. How positively exciting.[/sarcasm]

Haseo, please, get those two swords out of your ass.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
DarknessTear
Metal Overman King Gainer

Member 2520

Level 14.96

Mar 2006

Old Jul 22, 2006, 02:15 PM #127 of 140
Originally Posted by soulsteelgray
Episode 16:
Haseo is quickly becoming one of the worst protagonists I've ever encountered. Someone needs to slap him and then bury him in the ground.

Episode 16 didn't really do anything monumental. Okay, so Pai and Yata're thinking of looking into researching Tabby to see if she's "special" and Saburou might end up being Tawaraya after all. Oh, and let's not forget how Phyllo survived his encounter with Tri-Edge. How positively exciting.[/sarcasm]

Haseo, please, get those two swords out of your ass.
Spoiler:
They're not swords. Too small! Anyway, he is starting to get emo. I hate it when characters do that, unless it's an improvement on their character (Roan from RO anime). And he's probably gonna stay that way for the rest of the season, considering how he is in the G.U. trailers.

FELIPE NO
Xellos
Loyal Einherjar

Member 2068

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old Jul 22, 2006, 10:40 PM #128 of 140
I've been wondering about something. In episode 14

Spoiler:
When Pai and Saburou are talking, she/he mentions a event with those limited edition guys at some forest, and if TaN was involved in that. Are they talking about Rena and Shugo? If so how is that possible? Isn't that from the previous version of the world? From what I understand this one is completely different.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Soldier: Prepare yourself, rebel scum!!

Arngrim : (These slipshod soldiers think they can call me "rebel scum"?)
soulsteelgray

Member 451

Level 18.41

Mar 2006

Old Jul 22, 2006, 10:51 PM Local time: Jul 22, 2006, 09:51 PM #129 of 140
Originally Posted by Xellos
I've been wondering about something. In episode 14

Spoiler:
When Pai and Saburou are talking, she/he mentions a event with those limited edition guys at some forest, and if TaN was involved in that. Are they talking about Rena and Shugo? If so how is that possible? Isn't that from the previous version of the world? From what I understand this one is completely different.
Spoiler:
Nope. What they're talking about has nothing to do with Rena and Shugo. Either what they said means nothing in the long run or we're going to see very soon what they mean.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Xellos
Loyal Einherjar

Member 2068

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old Jul 28, 2006, 11:51 AM #130 of 140
Spoiler:
Hmm...That guy with the mustache, who appearently is called Taihaku, he sounded like bear, so I looked it up, and it is indeed the same voice actor, this could just be a coincidence, or it means something. What do you think?

Like hack//sign this PC is also mature, so I think it could just be true. But other then the looks and voice I don't know anything about the guy

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by Xellos; Jul 28, 2006 at 11:58 AM.
Vexe
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 9904

Level 3.09

Jul 2006

Old Jul 28, 2006, 01:56 PM Local time: Jul 28, 2006, 08:56 PM #131 of 140
Hm, while watching episode 16, I've noticed something interesting...

Spoiler:
There's a rumor spreading that whoever manages to get through the Painful Forest (or whatever the name is) will get really strong, or something like that. Now, I think that Haseo will manage to get through it. And I think that he will get that strange armor which he has in the .hack//GU intro and in the ending to .hack//ROOTs, making him really fast and strong. And fixing his emo-problem partially. I hope Haseo doesn't stay emo throughout episodes 17-26 too...

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
soulsteelgray

Member 451

Level 18.41

Mar 2006

Old Jul 28, 2006, 02:24 PM Local time: Jul 28, 2006, 01:24 PM #132 of 140
Originally Posted by Vexe
Hm, while watching episode 16, I've noticed something interesting...

Spoiler:
There's a rumor spreading that whoever manages to get through the Painful Forest (or whatever the name is) will get really strong, or something like that. Now, I think that Haseo will manage to get through it. And I think that he will get that strange armor which he has in the .hack//GU intro and in the ending to .hack//ROOTs, making him really fast and strong. And fixing his emo-problem partially. I hope Haseo doesn't stay emo throughout episodes 17-26 too...
Spoiler:
It seems like a bit of a strange thing for Haseo to go directly from his 1st form to his 3rd form. But whatever, I guess.

Haseo's emoness is never going to go away. He gets even worse in the games when he PKs anything that moves. Ugh. I really can't stand him anymore.

Episode 17:
How about that Ovan and Tri-Edge fight, huh? They didn't show us how Ovan beat Tri-Edge, which was kind of a cop-out, I think.

Episode 17 wasn't as bad as the other post-episode 13 episodes, but I still felt a sense of incompleteness. The semi-discussion about Aura was definitely pretty interesting.

Most amazing jew boots
B4-Hunter
That's My Creed

Member 310

Level 25.54

Mar 2006

Old Aug 11, 2006, 01:29 PM Local time: Aug 11, 2006, 07:29 PM #133 of 140
I'm stuck with 7 episodes released by [Shinsen-Subs], anyone know good release that I can re download or watch from episode 8th? Another question is, is Roots worth watching or I can just give up this one and get back to many other series I'm currently watching?

I was speaking idiomatically.
"We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each od them lies an IRREPARABLE truth."
- Assassin's Creed Ending
XBOX 360 LiVE ID: B4 Hunter PL
Playing on X360: Assassin's Creed, HALO 3
Playing on PC: Gears of War, Call of Duty 4
soulsteelgray

Member 451

Level 18.41

Mar 2006

Old Aug 11, 2006, 10:17 PM Local time: Aug 11, 2006, 09:17 PM #134 of 140
Originally Posted by B4-Hunter
I'm stuck with 7 episodes released by [Shinsen-Subs], anyone know good release that I can re download or watch from episode 8th? Another question is, is Roots worth watching or I can just give up this one and get back to many other series I'm currently watching?
I watch za-warudo's subs. They've done a decent job thus far, I suppose you could say.

For me, I personally think that the series loses steam after episode 13. I'm just truckin' along with the series to get the full backstory--however boring it may be--before playing the games.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
B4-Hunter
That's My Creed

Member 310

Level 25.54

Mar 2006

Old Aug 12, 2006, 04:25 AM Local time: Aug 12, 2006, 10:25 AM #135 of 140
Originally Posted by soulsteelgray
I watch za-warudo's subs. They've done a decent job thus far, I suppose you could say.

For me, I personally think that the series loses steam after episode 13. I'm just truckin' along with the series to get the full backstory--however boring it may be--before playing the games.
Then I'll just wait for Shinsen to release the rest, and if not My friend will get it when someone release full 26 episodes. Thanks for info.

FELIPE NO
"We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each od them lies an IRREPARABLE truth."
- Assassin's Creed Ending
XBOX 360 LiVE ID: B4 Hunter PL
Playing on X360: Assassin's Creed, HALO 3
Playing on PC: Gears of War, Call of Duty 4
Vexe
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 9904

Level 3.09

Jul 2006

Old Aug 14, 2006, 10:01 AM Local time: Aug 14, 2006, 05:01 PM #136 of 140
Well, episode 18...

Spoiler:
And just like I thought, Haseo recieved the armor he had during the .hack//G.U. intro.

And that big thing asking Haseo...it was talking about its daughter...Aura? Could this be Aura's father, the creator of The World version-1? And which sword did it talk about? And how the hell did Haseo recieve that armor, if he was rejected by that thing?

Oh well, I guess all the next episodes will be about Haseo getting more and more emo, gaining hate towards PKers and turning into a famous PKK...

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Xellos
Loyal Einherjar

Member 2068

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2006, 07:54 AM #137 of 140
Hmm episode 19.

Spoiler:
Touta is Tawaraya. Then who the hell is Saburou? I also thought it might have been Tawaraya since he/she seemed to know a lot about TaN and ender.

Most amazing jew boots

The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Oct 13, 2006, 05:21 PM #138 of 140
Since the show is over now, I suppose I'll revive this thread for impressions.

Spoiler:
Wow, this was a badly paced show. There were so many things, especially towards the end, that should have been fleshed out. Instead, we got a lot of useless scenes and many, many unnecessary slow camera pans. What was with that scene of Haseo and Silver Knight in ep. 26? That just came out of nowhere and added absolutely nothing. Not to mention that as far as continuity goes, Silver Knight was banned and had his character deleted in .Hack//Key of the Twilight.

The final episodes focused way too much on Tabby as well. The Paw Squad? Having Hideo refer to her as "mama" and Haseo as "papa"? That poor guy must have absolutely no self-respect. I liked how ZW even put in a note at one point saying something like "Yes Tabby, you've been wondering that for the past 8 episodes. Please just die already."

Phyllo's death just seemed random and unnecessary too, aside from getting rid of him before the game. I suppose it sort of explains why he just sat there on the bridge all the time, but you'd think someone about to die would prefer to stare at the actual sunset outside his window.

It was a decent series overall, but it could have been condensed down into 13 episodes pretty easily. It was frustrating how they kept us waiting for action, and then when a huge fight did happen it continually cut away to people talking about it. The best example of this being when Haseo slaughtered 100 PKers, but it focused mostly on the Paw Squad talking about how horrible it was, Phyllo and Tawaraya talking about how the ambush might be happening already, and the moon as we hear the screams of the PKers. Even the fight with Tri-Edge in the cathedral looks lame in comparison to the same scene in the .Hack//GU trailer.

Unlike .Hack//Sign, which I loved, Roots was a little hard to finish with its dragging style.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
mlkrepublic
Wark!

Member 2416

Level 2.86

Mar 2006

Old Nov 17, 2006, 02:06 AM Local time: Nov 16, 2006, 11:06 PM #139 of 140
i wonder if there are more ppl who like Roots or if there are more who don't like roots. i think it's absolutely horrible. i'm only half way thru the series and i'm having a hard time watching the episodes in their entireties. after ovan disappears, the whole story just goes disarray. i'm actually quite glad when Shino dies coz she's annoying as hell. don't u just hate characters who don't speak their minds? she's always like "it's nothing", "it's nothing you should worry about", "hmm...mmm...hmmm." omg... and Haseo is a freak. and i thought the guy in SIGN was annoying... (although SIGN is still the best .hack so far imo). these characters are not enjoyable at all. and i wonder if the animator changed to someone else starting from ep. 16... haseo's eyes just look very different. or is he turning evil or something... well i'll see.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Nov 17, 2006, 02:12 AM #140 of 140
Yeah, Haseo in Roots is an emo loser. He's a far better character in GU, thankfully. It doesn't sound like the American dub of Roots even uses the same VAs as GU does, which is really strange since usually they're very good about keeping the same VAs between .Hacks during localization. I guess they just slapped Roots together because they know how much it sucks. Hell, Cartoon Network premiered (and may continue airing it) at 5am Saturday night.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > .Hack//Roots