Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

.Hack//Roots

soulsteelgray
And now for something new

Member 451

Level 18.41

Mar 2006

Old Apr 8, 2006, 04:46 PM Local time: Apr 8, 2006, 03:46 PM #51 of 140
I've only watched the OP, ED, and various random parts of the episode. So far, I'm not so sure where the series is going; the OP is not what I expected, especially not with the bright colors and the overly poppy song. The ED was okay, I guess, but whatever happened to the "edgier" image that G.U. was trying to push?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
jouhou
-

Member 400

Level 18.87

Mar 2006

Old Apr 8, 2006, 07:18 PM #52 of 140
Originally Posted by Inhert
the problem is that .hack//sign wasn't about the fight or an action anime...
my friend gave up after the first episode and said she didn't like it because the main character was so emo.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
jouhou
-

Member 400

Level 18.87

Mar 2006

Old May 3, 2006, 08:08 PM #53 of 140
ok, since this thread hasn't been touched for a month i guess no one really likes it.
the beginning is slow like in //sign
i'm going to stop watching it but the last picture on the ending credits looks awesome so i'll pick up the show much later on.

I was speaking idiomatically.
The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old May 3, 2006, 08:26 PM #54 of 140
Er, it's more that I never thought to post in the thread again. I'm really liking Roots so far. It's not nearly as slow moving as Sign was in the beginning, and the characters are much more interesting. Hopefully Tri-Edge and Haseo's evil form will make appearances around the mid-point of the series rather than just the end.

The end of ep. 4 did make me laugh pretty hard though:
Spoiler:
The news that Tabby has been PKed was just delivered WAY too dramatically. I mean, she couldn't have been that high of a level at that point, and they already made it quite clear how common player killing is in The World. Besides, it's not like there are any horrible penalties incurred by dying. Yet the news is still met with a shocked gasp!

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Foshi
Laugh and Grow Fat

Member 3194

Level 13.18

Mar 2006

Old May 3, 2006, 11:11 PM Local time: May 3, 2006, 11:11 PM #55 of 140
It's not a horrible show. I have watched the first four episodes and plan on watching the rest. Only real problem with it is that it is too slow in starting out. Hopefully, this show will avoid some major pitfalls. I don't want Haseo to have some stupid reason to why he is "special."

FELIPE NO
soulsteelgray

Member 451

Level 18.41

Mar 2006

Old May 3, 2006, 11:45 PM Local time: May 3, 2006, 10:45 PM #56 of 140
Originally Posted by Foshi
I don't want Haseo to have some stupid reason to why he is "special."
If anything, it's probably the Avatar "power" he possesses.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
soulsteelgray

Member 451

Level 18.41

Mar 2006

Old May 6, 2006, 05:21 PM Local time: May 6, 2006, 04:21 PM #57 of 140
I've caught up with the series to episode 5. So far, I'm not really sure where the series is going and how it's going to tie into the games. It's pretty dull so far, save for some references to the previous games that didn't go unnoticed. (Oh noes, Haseo is suspected of being a double agent for TaN!)

C'mon, put in some actual plot already.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
soulsteelgray

Member 451

Level 18.41

Mar 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 01:14 PM Local time: May 13, 2006, 12:14 PM #58 of 140
Triple posting? Wow. This is new.

Nothing really happened in episode 6 other than the slightest hint that Tri-Edge's out and about. The preview for episode 7 makes it seem like we're finally going to meet Tri-Edge, so that's something to look forward to.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old May 14, 2006, 10:23 PM #59 of 140
I do like Hack Roots...at least I thought I did. I finally decided to try out watching a season of a Hack anime, and after the initial excitement about finally getting into the concept of "The World", I also felt how slow the series is going.
It took 6 episodes for Haseo to finally show some concern apart from all the apathy he tossed around for the first 5 episodes! It's drilled into my head now that:
Shino = mysterious
Ovan = THE mysterious
Tabby = annoying cat-girl
Ender = psycho PK bitch
Haseo = apathetic emo
etc.

I still want to follow it though. The quality is way too good to drop, but I keep having to check whether my bsplayer or wmp will play them, due to something weird LuPerry's/Za Warudo's subtitles not showing up for me depending on the player.

How ya doing, buddy?
The Plane Is A Tiger

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2006, 08:45 AM #60 of 140
I've had plenty of trouble with LuPerry's releases too. Several of them tried to play as glitchy audio files in WMP, so I had to use VLC instead. In VLC the subtitles don't show up unless I click the option for them, and then they overlap the OP and ED lyrics. I plan to redownload all of the episodes once Shinsen catches up fully.

Summonmaster

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2006, 11:27 AM #61 of 140
Ooh good thing Shinsen's picking this up too! I'm just scared that there will be hardly any seeds since they're playing the catch-up game. For now, I'll have to watch for ZaWarudo's releases just to be safe, and download LuPerry's and hope they work in WMP
Perhaps it's a special codec or something, I dunno. It looks fine, apart from the no subtitles sometimes.

Peter
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 50

Level 21.86

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2006, 11:38 AM Local time: May 15, 2006, 06:38 PM #62 of 140
Luperry's subs work fine for me in zoomplayer, so maybe you want to check that out, since they are a lot better than shnsen for hack, imo.

The Plane Is A Tiger

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2006, 11:43 AM #63 of 140
Shinsen's doing worse than LuPerry? Hard to believe considering all the problems I've had getting LuPerry's subs to work, let alone all of the grammatical errors. I haven't seen any of Shinsen's .Hack subs yet though.

FELIPE NO
Peter
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 50

Level 21.86

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2006, 01:11 PM Local time: May 15, 2006, 08:11 PM #64 of 140
It just depends on the player that you use. Since I'm used to using zoomplayer, I haven't really had any issues. As for subs, It's just a personal dislike of Shinsen.

soulsteelgray

Member 451

Level 18.41

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2006, 05:59 PM Local time: May 15, 2006, 04:59 PM #65 of 140
Originally Posted by Summonmaster
I do like Hack Roots...at least I thought I did. I finally decided to try out watching a season of a Hack anime, and after the initial excitement about finally getting into the concept of "The World", I also felt how slow the series is going.
I feel like it's going at an even slower pace than .hack//SIGN was. I mean, honestly. Just get on with it already so those looking forward to the game will get the backstory they need.

I was never a huge fan of Shinsen in the first place. Za Waarudo seems to be doing a good job with keeping terms intact (i.e. @HOME) and displaying some general knowledge of the franchise, so I'm sticking with them.

EDIT: This is what I wish someone would do to Haseo. He's so aloof that I want to knock some sense into him.

Last edited by soulsteelgray; May 15, 2006 at 06:03 PM.
The Plane Is A Tiger

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2006, 06:16 PM #66 of 140
Okay, this is going to sound really stupid, but how do you get ZW's torrents to work? When I try to click the link or right click+Save As I always just get a page of garbled gibberish. I downloaded the first episode from them somehow but I haven't been able to figure out how to do it again.

I've been okay with Roots' pace until this last episode. The beginning shot of just everyone sitting around lasted for like 3-4 minutes, and at the end they were charging towards each other and yelling for a very long time for such a short distance.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
soulsteelgray

Member 451

Level 18.41

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2006, 07:50 PM Local time: May 15, 2006, 06:50 PM #67 of 140
Originally Posted by SILBER-1
Okay, this is going to sound really stupid, but how do you get ZW's torrents to work? When I try to click the link or right click+Save As I always just get a page of garbled gibberish. I downloaded the first episode from them somehow but I haven't been able to figure out how to do it again.
I use the torrent listings from Tokyo Toshokan.

The Plane Is A Tiger

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2006, 08:22 PM #68 of 140
That's where I get my torrents from as well. When I click ZW's links I just get a page of gibberish though, and when I try to Save As it only shows up as a text file containing the same gibberish.

soulsteelgray

Member 451

Level 18.41

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2006, 08:26 PM Local time: May 15, 2006, 07:26 PM #69 of 140
That's where I get my torrents from as well. When I click ZW's links I just get a page of gibberish though, and when I try to Save As it only shows up as a text file containing the same gibberish.
So http://www.ggkthx.org/torrents/Roots06h.torrent gives you nothing?

The Plane Is A Tiger

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2006, 08:45 PM #70 of 140
Nope, nothing but a page of gibberish or saved as a text file filled with the same gibberish.

Summonmaster

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2006, 09:06 PM #71 of 140
I use Anime-Source to get the torrents and there's no garbled gibberish there. You shouldn't have to right click -> "save as" too.

The other silly part about episode 6 was when Ender was running towards Sakisata and Haseo who were also running. Did you even count how long it took to zoom in on each character? That was a blatantly silly attempt to not have to redraw at least 10 seconds of footage...no emotional pause for justification in that scene!

FELIPE NO

Last edited by Summonmaster; May 15, 2006 at 09:08 PM.
The Plane Is A Tiger

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2006, 09:16 PM #72 of 140
Yeah, I usually don't right click -> Save As. I'm just mentioning that I've tried it since that's usually the first suggestion people make.

That running scene was just hilarious after awhile. It went on for about 3 times the length it should have, and when Haseo and Sakisata were shown their faces never changed at all. Same with Ender, but it was more obvious with them. Such a terrible way to avoid showing more content and being lazy.

soulsteelgray

Member 451

Level 18.41

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2006, 09:29 PM Local time: May 15, 2006, 08:29 PM #73 of 140
Yeah, I usually don't right click -> Save As. I'm just mentioning that I've tried it since that's usually the first suggestion people make.
Since you're getting "gibberish" files, try Save As, and then saving it as a .torrent file.

The Plane Is A Tiger

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2006, 09:34 PM #74 of 140
Huh, what do you know. It worked. I thought I had already tried adding .torrent to the file name, but I guess not! Thanks, now I can watch the much better ZW subs.

Most amazing jew boots
Yume
New Born.

Member 1395

Level 11.82

Mar 2006

Old May 16, 2006, 05:08 PM Local time: May 16, 2006, 11:08 PM #75 of 140
After watching episode 5 I was looking forward to episode 6, but, alas, my computer now doesn't want to play the episode 6 in sound. This is after all the time I spent working to get .mkv files working in the first place.

The episode was subbed by the ZW group. What I don't understand is why many of the subbing groups use .mkv files to distribute their files.

Curse you .mkv files for spoiling my fun!

On the plus side, I've had time on watching the old .hack//sign series and I just can't wait for this series to finish so that I can watch it all in one giant .hack marathon during a weekend.

While not many people agree on the subject that Tabby is a worth while character, I reckon Tabby will play an important role later on in the series.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > .Hack//Roots