Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Album] "I create images. Period." • R.I.P. Frank Frazetta

Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2010, 12:33 PM Local time: May 10, 2010, 10:33 AM #1 of 6
"I create images. Period." • R.I.P. Frank Frazetta

Frank Frazetta, the man whose fantasy artwork has adorned countless album covers, comic books and novels as well as served as inspiration for many literary works and even video games, passed away today. Cause of death was a stroke.

R.I.P. Frank.

Most amazing jew boots
Soluzar
De Arimasu!

Member 1222

Level 37.11

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2010, 12:36 PM Local time: May 10, 2010, 06:36 PM #2 of 6
When I was young I used to wonder why so many cover art pieces looked the same, I only figured out later that it was because the kind of thing I was into had a lot of Frazetta or work inspired by Frazetta. He may be gone, but what a legacy. The style even still lives on.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2010, 01:36 PM #3 of 6
I was going to start a thread about this but figured no one would give two shits that the single most imitated and financially successful independent artist of the second half of the 20th Century had passed. This being GFF and all.

Frazetta was one of the last of the original EC artists still alive. (Al Williamson is still kicking around but retired, he has to be around 80 himself) But Frank was the stuff of legend. His paintings go for hundreds of thousands of dollars but I always perfered his pen and ink stuff, particularly the Tarzan plates he did the 60s which were mindblowing in their subtle details.

For anyone whos interested in a good story, they did a documentary about Frazetta about 5 years ago.

YouTube Video

How ya doing, buddy?
Dubble
The Hero of Mouseton VS The Phantom Blot!

Member 297

Level 32.26

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2010, 01:58 PM Local time: May 10, 2010, 12:58 PM #4 of 6
Oh man. We just discovered this at work in the art department. One of the editors didn't know who he was and just got lambasted by all the rest of the production people because of it.

It really sucks. A huge cartooning legend was lost today.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2010, 02:15 PM Local time: May 10, 2010, 12:15 PM #5 of 6
For anyone whos interested in a good story, they did a documentary about Frazetta about 5 years ago.

YouTube Video
This is news to me and I just bought it on Amazon. Thanks for the tip.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Ramenbetsu
Ramengatari: The Story of the Noodle Samurai

Member 1053

Level 23.72

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2010, 01:16 AM #6 of 6
First experience were the Conan book covers he did that my uncle had from the 70s and 60s. I don't think he had anything to do with it but I read all the 70s Marvel Conan stuff my uncle had as a kid just to see similar art. R.I.P.

Note: I've seen that documentary and it's definitely worth the change Enceph.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Album] "I create images. Period." • R.I.P. Frank Frazetta