Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Album] Metallica - Death Magnetic

Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Aug 24, 2008, 11:45 PM #26 of 33
10, 20, same thing.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Living Legend
Chocobo

Member 124

Level 13.72

Mar 2006

Old Aug 26, 2008, 02:11 AM Local time: Aug 25, 2008, 11:11 PM #27 of 33
Dude, I am really digging all the stuff that i've heard so far.

The Day that Never comes
To me, it sounds like they were influence by their older song "Too live is To die" as that is what the whole intro reminded me of. His voice sounds great, he definately is more on key than whatever the hell he was doing on St. Anger. The solo is fresh sounding, and although i've heard a SHIT load of harder metal, Metallica seem to keep their sound fresh while sounding familiar.

My Apocalypse
This song isn't bad, the instruments sound like something that was also inspired from their earlier days. The only bad thing about it, is that the instrumental intro sounds like you just got done beating an action game and it's trying to convey the feeling of being victorious over something. It's not bad, the drums sound just like another Metallica song from the past but I can't put finger on it. Maybe the last song on the Justic album? I can't recall the title at the moment though.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Take this keycard, you can unlock the doors in the hall with this. Now GO!...JUST go!
A hero that lived long enough to see himself become the villain.
Ramenbetsu
Ramengatari: The Story of the Noodle Samurai

Member 1053

Level 23.72

Mar 2006

Old Sep 2, 2008, 02:47 AM #28 of 33
Video for the day that never comes:
Metallica.com

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Alterminded
The Beginning of the Revolution

Member 5330

Level 8.00

Apr 2006

Old Sep 2, 2008, 03:06 AM #29 of 33
To me, the Only album I have ever Truly enjoyed from Metallica, beginning to end, was Ride the Lightning. It was absolutely flawless. Since then, few albums came close to it, but nothing surpassed its awesomeness. Their last album was a commercial ride and a complete abomination to the genre. If it were not for their fanbase, they would have sunk over completely. But hey, eventually most bands stop producing quality music and just churn random, commercial, and such unoriginal music; That the fanbase will completely gobble up and proclaim as their "GREATEST. ALBUM. EVER."

Most Likely I'll download the album and if its worth grabbing, I'll purchase it.

I was speaking idiomatically.
"Who the hell do you think I am?!"
Ramenbetsu
Ramengatari: The Story of the Noodle Samurai

Member 1053

Level 23.72

Mar 2006

Old Sep 2, 2008, 07:53 AM #30 of 33
To me, the Only album I have ever Truly enjoyed from Metallica, beginning to end, was Ride the Lightning. It was absolutely flawless. Since then, few albums came close to it, but nothing surpassed its awesomeness. Their last album was a commercial ride and a complete abomination to the genre. If it were not for their fanbase, they would have sunk over completely. But hey, eventually most bands stop producing quality music and just churn random, commercial, and such unoriginal music; That the fanbase will completely gobble up and proclaim as their "GREATEST. ALBUM. EVER."

Most Likely I'll download the album and if its worth grabbing, I'll purchase it.
I'm with you on RTL though I like a great majority of "...And Justice For All." For Whom The Bell Tolls will always be my favorite Metallica song. I appreciate Puppets as well but don't get all the fan wanking over it.

Most amazing jew boots
Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Sep 2, 2008, 06:49 PM #31 of 33
Found a nice torrent of the album. Downloading now.

(I would like to reiterate my desire for James Hetfield to sing less.)

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Dopefish; Sep 2, 2008 at 10:01 PM.
Golfdish from Hell
Screaming for Vengeance

Member 632

Level 40.53

Mar 2006

Old Sep 21, 2008, 02:02 AM #32 of 33
Honestly...

Truthfully...

I like it so far. In fact, "The End of the Line" and "My Apocalypse" are as good as some of the classic Metallica songs I like. Hetfield doesn't sound as bad as "The Day That Never Comes" in these, although he does sound different. Still listening, but considering how skeptical I was, the fact that I'm still listening is a good thing.

I like that the whole loudness war thing is being brought to the public eye because of this album. I downloaded the GH rip and it sounds great.

I realize I have sufficiently made my point about questionable mastering and am just being a whiny baby at this point.
I'm taking over this town...
I'm screaming for vengenace...
I'm shouting at the devil...
I'm not dead and I'm not for sale...
Ain't lookin' for nothin' but a good time...
Tellurian
To know the face of God is to know Madness

Member 1328

Level 17.91

Mar 2006

Old Sep 21, 2008, 04:27 AM Local time: Sep 21, 2008, 11:27 AM #33 of 33
That whole loudness issue has really funny thing to it. If the CD sales fall short of expectations, they can still blame it on the interwebs, and not on people knowing about their record mastering being fucked...
If I was a fan of the band there's of course the question wether I'd not have bought the thing anyway, or even before I had the chance to get a hold of the reports about this issue.
I've read some high and mighty good reviews of this thing, so I'd probably go out and get it now, though I don't really see the point why I should give money away for a faulty product...

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Album] Metallica - Death Magnetic