Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] "I COME FROM THE NET..."

Cirno
⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨

Member 980

Level 30.09

Mar 2006

Old Jul 23, 2007, 06:12 PM Local time: Jul 23, 2007, 03:12 PM #1 of 23
"I COME FROM THE NET..."

Reboot Movie in the Works.

Originally Posted by Yahoo
Early CG TV show gets "ReBoot"
Monday July 23 2:52 AM ET

"ReBoot," one of the earliest computer-animated episodic TV series, will be redeveloped as a trilogy of feature-length films by Rainmaker Animation.

Originally produced in 1994, the series centered on life within a computer, where good forces fought invading viruses and videogames were viewed from within.

"ReBoot" was created by MainFrame Entertainment, which was acquired by and renamed Rainmaker in 2006. The show aired for several seasons on ABC, YTV and Cartoon Network.

"The idea is to relaunch the brand in a new way," said Rainmaker Animation executive vice president Paul Gertz, who will oversee the project.

To do this, Rainmaker has entered into a strategic alliance with Zeros 2 Heroes, a Web site set to launch Monday (July 23) to provide a social network for comic book fans.

Five undiscovered writers chosen by Rainmaker were selected to work with the animation studio's production teams to prepare a pitch for the new "ReBoot" story line. These will be posted on the Zeros 2 Heroes site Thursday (July 26), the opening day of San Diego Comic-Con International. Those who visit the site will be able to work with each production team to help refine the ideas for "ReBoot" and later vote and select a favorite pitch. The brainstorming environment is what the site calls "Think Ups."

A Web-based comic, based on the selected story, will be published this year. Production on the features will commence at that time.

"'ReBoot's' legions of fans have been incredibly loyal and continue to keep the property alive on dozens of fan sites," Gertz said. "We're very enthusiastic about how we're reconceiving this classic series by creating an innovative way for those fans -- who were kids when the series started -- to use new technology to help guide us."

Zeros 2 Heroes president Matt Toner sees the Internet as a democratizing medium. "It takes away gatekeepers," he said. "We want to connect the fans with the producers ... and let them determine what the next hits will be. When it comes to long-standing genre entertainment properties, the fans are the real experts."

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter
Bricks were shat. Unfortunately Megabyte's VA died last year (I believe), so tears were also shed.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Inhert
The body may heal, the mind is not always so resilient.

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Jul 23, 2007, 06:49 PM #2 of 23
omg yes! I loved (well is till do XD) this series to death. I recently watch all the episode and it was as good as I remembered it.

I really hope they will not screw this up, because maybe this could mean that they might do another season! (well we can hope so)

I just wonder how it will look with todays computers graphic XD

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Congle line of abuse. Or is that conga-line. Or congaline.
3.1 inches of glory

Member 4123

Level 28.07

Mar 2006

Old Jul 23, 2007, 06:58 PM Local time: Jul 23, 2007, 04:58 PM #3 of 23
I'm just happy Michael Bay doesn't do animated films... yet!

ReBoot was one of my favorites from when I can barely remember watching cartoons in the morning and reliving them again on Cartoon Network. Very good stuff, and clever as hell. I got high hopes for this new one, or should I say, an open mind :P I sure as heck don't want to be disapointed.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Megalith
24-bit/48kHz

Member 23132

Level 28.40

Mar 2006

Old Jul 23, 2007, 07:20 PM 1 #4 of 23
Is this movie going to be live-action or CG.

No offense, but it is going to tank. You don't have to believe me, but most people won't see it solely because the main character is BLUE, and half of the other characters are GREEN. Also, the fanbase must be nothin' compared to Transformers.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Animechanic
whipping boy

Member 1106

Level 23.57

Mar 2006

Old Jul 23, 2007, 08:31 PM Local time: Jul 23, 2007, 05:31 PM #5 of 23
Hmm... if they are relaunching the brand, that means we may still never get a conclusion to the season 4 cliffhanger ending. Le sigh.

Still, any news that Reboot isn't dead is good news.

How ya doing, buddy?
OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Jul 24, 2007, 07:35 AM Local time: Jul 24, 2007, 12:35 PM #6 of 23
I used to love the Reboot series. I hope they do this well as it could be really entertaining. Fingers crossed hey.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Jul 24, 2007, 08:02 AM Local time: Jul 24, 2007, 05:02 AM #7 of 23
Ah nostalgic.... I love Reboot as well, though I didn't get to see the later seasons after season 2... Why isn't this show on DVD sets?!

Maybe this news will give them a wake up call to make those DVDs...

Hope the movies turn out well...

FELIPE NO

{ :: ~ Air - the 1000th Summer ~ :: }

:: That sea went on forever, into the blue distance ::
* That road went on forever, continuing straight ahead *

~ : Summer comes again, shining silver : ~
: When I close my eyes, suddenly I can see that day's blue sky :
CelticWhisper
We've met before, haven't we?

Member 805

Level 19.24

Mar 2006

Old Jul 24, 2007, 11:37 AM Local time: Jul 24, 2007, 10:37 AM #8 of 23
Hmm... if they are relaunching the brand, that means we may still never get a conclusion to the season 4 cliffhanger ending. Le sigh.

Still, any news that Reboot isn't dead is good news.
So, then, what you mean to tell me is that they're rebooting it.

*rimshot*

...I'll get my coat.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

It is not my custom to go where I am not invited.
Bluewolf
Mariowned~!

Member 1310

Level 7.02

Mar 2006

Old Jul 24, 2007, 12:42 PM #9 of 23
ReBoot was my favourite TV show as a child, and I followed it until its unsatisfying cliffhanger end. I've got 'em all taped and watch them a lot - after all these years, they're still incredible!

I can't wait to see how this pans out! There's a lot more fans out there than you think, especially here in Canada.

Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Jul 24, 2007, 12:49 PM #10 of 23
I expect they will be animated films, but I'll be stunned if they're not direct-to-video. The series wasn't extremely popular to begin with (not saying it wasn't popular, but it's like saying Doug wasn't popular and they made a movie out of that, and it bombed) and it's a bit outdated on many levels.

Most amazing jew boots

WolfDemon
Grub Killer

Member 737

Level 27.82

Mar 2006

Old Jul 24, 2007, 01:26 PM Local time: Jul 24, 2007, 10:26 AM #11 of 23
Sorry, but this movie will be a failure without Tony Jay as Megabyte. He's just one of those legendary VAs that you don't replace. Any future Legacy of Kain games will suffer without him as the Elder God.

That said, I wouldn't mind seeing the series revamped, using the original dialogue with updated graphics, but I just don't know about a movie, much less a trilogy. There are certainly more deserving titles out there that are due for a revival. Like the animated Spawn that came on HBO.

SuperSonic
True_Blue

Member 163

Level 40.01

Mar 2006

Old Jul 24, 2007, 01:52 PM #12 of 23
Sorry, but this movie will be a failure without Tony Jay as Megabyte. He's just one of those legendary VAs that you don't replace.
You're right and who would even be able to replace him? James Earl Jones? Anyways, I'm actually glad they're bringing the series back and that they'll hopefully tie up the cliffhanger from the end of Season 4. Just hope they don't screw it up like some of the other things that are being brought back to life *cough* Alvin and the Chipmunks *cough*.

How ya doing, buddy?
Megavolt
Seer

Member 1731

Level 14.36

Mar 2006

Old Jul 24, 2007, 02:20 PM Local time: Jul 24, 2007, 01:20 PM #13 of 23
Tony Jay definitely made Megabyte into one of the most memorable villains ever. The whole series was great and it holds up well in my opinion (I had recorded all of the episodes from seasons 1, 2, and 3 to VHS myself), possessing a lot more heart and memorable elements than most stuff today.

I'd rather just see them rerelease the season three DVDs that are painfully hard to come by. I'd also like to see them release the first two seasons. Those episodes were a lot of fun even without the consistent episode to episode continuity.

I never actually saw the fourth season/movie thing with Daemon. I'm not sure I want to because of some of the things that happened at the end of season three, and even though I'm still curious, all the Reboot stuff has become too expensive and impossible to find.

I was speaking idiomatically.
~MV
Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Jul 25, 2007, 06:07 AM Local time: Jul 25, 2007, 03:07 AM #14 of 23
Since there are no DVD sets for this series yet, are there any torrents online that is good quality?

{ :: ~ Air - the 1000th Summer ~ :: }

:: That sea went on forever, into the blue distance ::
* That road went on forever, continuing straight ahead *

~ : Summer comes again, shining silver : ~
: When I close my eyes, suddenly I can see that day's blue sky :
Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old Jul 26, 2007, 05:58 AM Local time: Jul 26, 2007, 03:58 AM #15 of 23
What will be interesting to see is, the updated computer represented graphically in the movie. Remember how neat and shiny that the computer was, and given that it was a very primitive design by today's standards (The most advanced beings being Sprites and a .MB sized Virus).

Of course if they go the route in story of having it take place a couple years down the line where the 'evil' Windows 95 is installed and an epic battle to have it shut down (Thus 'explaining' the many errors that Win95 was prone to) ensues.

I had a great time watching the series, but I haven't seen it in forever either.

How ya doing, buddy?
Animechanic
whipping boy

Member 1106

Level 23.57

Mar 2006

Old Jul 26, 2007, 11:59 AM Local time: Jul 26, 2007, 08:59 AM #16 of 23
Since there are no DVD sets for this series yet, are there any torrents online that is good quality?
There are DVDs of season 3. As for a torrent, you can generally find season 4 in decent quality, but seasons 1 and 2 are so old that they were probably transferred from VHS tapes, so their quality is generally pretty low.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Winter Storm
Distant Memories

Member 2209

Level 27.54

Mar 2006

Old Jul 26, 2007, 03:25 PM #17 of 23
What cliffhanger ending are you all talking about? The world was saved IIRC, although the appearence of younger uh...that kid(forgot his name) didn't make much sense at all, as the older self was there.

Inhert
The body may heal, the mind is not always so resilient.

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Jul 26, 2007, 03:33 PM #18 of 23
there was another season after that winter storm, it was cancel after 8 episodes I think. the ending of the last episode was kind of a big cliffhanger.

Daemon super virus was just awesome XD

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Animechanic
whipping boy

Member 1106

Level 23.57

Mar 2006

Old Jul 26, 2007, 03:47 PM Local time: Jul 26, 2007, 12:47 PM #19 of 23
What cliffhanger ending are you all talking about? The world was saved IIRC, although the appearence of younger uh...that kid(forgot his name) didn't make much sense at all, as the older self was there.
I think little Enzo appearing again was due to the system restoring itself with a backup. Matrix wasn't overwritten because he had guardian code and wasn't the same file, I guess.

As for the cliffhanger:

Spoiler:
In the last 4 episodes of season 4, a second Bob appears. He looks like original Bob, not GlitchBob. He turns out to be Megabyte, back from the web, and now with Trojan virus powers (the ability to disguise himself as anyone he touches). At the end of the 8th episode, he breaks into the command room of the principal office, infects some of the binomes there, and locks everyone else out. There has never been a continuation from this point.

Freelance
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Jul 26, 2007, 04:37 PM #20 of 23
I wasn't really into the series, but I did like the 3rd season. I guess that doesn't account for much though, since the fans apparently didn't like it as much as the previous seasons.

I LOVE that play they did where they recapped the entire third season in the space of five minutes (or so). Does anyone have a high quality version of that? I'd love to hear the song again.

I'd much rather see a Beast Wars movie though, as I'm a bigger fan of that.

How ya doing, buddy?

Jessykins
Burnt out on dealing with mortals

Member 444

Level 31.50

Mar 2006

Old Jul 27, 2007, 06:26 AM Local time: Jul 27, 2007, 04:26 AM #21 of 23
I was a big fan of Reboot, but after being pointed to THIS I felt that there is no hope or joy left in the world, and have decided to kill myself.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Cirno
⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨

Member 980

Level 30.09

Mar 2006

Old Jul 27, 2007, 06:49 PM Local time: Jul 27, 2007, 03:49 PM #22 of 23
I was a big fan of Reboot, but after being pointed to THIS I felt that there is no hope or joy left in the world, and have decided to kill myself.
Whew. Spared me the trouble of looking for that link. Saw the shit last night and while I kinda liked Reboot 2.0 (the one where they're more realistic, I think?) and it's designs, nothing really felt like Reboot to me.

While my excitement's waned (considerably), I'm still interested to see what becomes of the project.

Megavolt
Seer

Member 1731

Level 14.36

Mar 2006

Old Jul 28, 2007, 04:53 PM Local time: Jul 28, 2007, 03:53 PM #23 of 23
Matrix wasn't overwritten because he had guardian code and wasn't the same file, I guess.
The reboot program didn't detect him because he accidently left his icon in game sprite mode. And so it brought back the original Enzo, which I thought was a lame idea, and surely designed for the sole purpose of keeping kids interested in the show.

How ya doing, buddy?
~MV

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] "I COME FROM THE NET..."