Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

"Why won't he die!?"

Maico
─ ─╘Don't rob me of my ─ ─ hate: It's all I have.

Member 4527

Level 17.53

Apr 2006

Old Oct 6, 2006, 03:38 AM Local time: Oct 6, 2006, 01:38 AM #1 of 8
"Why won't he die!?"

I was watching this AMV of the horror movie series Halloween by AJ Johnson: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhDbKN4-ifA. It's really sweet, and I would recommend downloading the high-quality version from his website. Anyway, one of the voice overs during the video is of Dr. Loomis, I think he's like the psychiatrist or some kind of doctor that was in charge of Michael Myer's custody when he was institutionalized or something, and he says, "Why won't he die!?"

This got me to start thinking about all the different types of horror movies out there, especially the ones that scared me as a kid, to name a few, the killer doll from the Child's Play series, Freddy Krueger (his avatar on here is so powerful, definately scarier than the movies) from A Nightmare on Elm Street (though I recently downloaded all of them and watched them, and it doesn't seem so scary now, I don't know why, but I haven't been brave enough to watch all those Child's Play movies yet), and others like those killer puppets in Puppet Master or something.

Do you like watching scary movies? I think the reason I like watching them and being scared or jumped (you know those jump moments where they quickly flash to a scene and throw in a loud sound) is because it gets my heart pumping, or something with adrenaline, I don't know. Do any kinds of movies scare you (the real scary ones, not cheesy B-movies or other stupid spoofs like Scary Movie), if not now, what about when you were a toddler?

And how do you like your horror movies? Do you like them to be realistic? I think the new horror nowadays is the more psychological thrillers and horrors, the ones that could actually happen in real life, opposed to these super-killers that can never die, like Michael Myers in Halloween, and what have you. Sure it's still a scary movie, but it lacks the realism, because there's nothing you can do to kill them, but movies like, I don't know, Silence of the Lambs with Hannibal Lector types, well those people actually exist and you could find yourself in a sticky situation.

I liked Halloween because it had a mixture of both. Michael Myers was a real person, not some fantasy creature or any of that, but he did have superhuman powers, so that did put it off a little. I mean nothing they did could stop him. He's been shot, impaled, blown up, everything, and he keeps coming back. He's still a real person, not a zombie like Jason, so it's kind of hard to believe that he keeps coming back for more and more.

Most amazing jew boots
*AkirA*
Now you're king of the mountain, but it's all garbage!

Member 468

Level 26.17

Mar 2006

Old Oct 6, 2006, 06:44 AM #2 of 8
The only movie I remember getting scared watching was the first Evil Dead. Now when I see it, its a laugh riot, but back then It was some pretty intense stuff.

The part when their listening to the guy read the necronomicon gave me nightmares.

As for horror movies in general, I love them to a certain extent. Im not really a fan of slasher flicks along the lines of "Scream" and "I Still Know What You Did Last Summer." I do enjoy a nice psychological thriller.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Freddy Krueger
Good Chocobo

Member 1982

Level 18.37

Mar 2006

Old Oct 6, 2006, 07:40 AM #3 of 8
I LOVE scary movies, and not even for the scare factor. Sure sometimes I like some really scary ones every now and then, I grew up on horror movies so I love all kinds of horror movies. Even the sequels that people think are shitty and what not I like. I guess it's cause I grew up on them I dunno. Anyway as far as what really scares me still is probally Candyman, thay movie is pretty dark and I was always scared of it when little. Child's Play movies when I was younger cause I watched the 2nd movie by myself when I was lke 5 and that scared the shit outa me lol "although I love them all till this day"

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
The Wise Vivi

Member 136

Level 37.96

Mar 2006

Old Oct 6, 2006, 02:17 PM Local time: Oct 6, 2006, 02:17 PM #4 of 8
I am not really into horror movies. I have watched some, such as The Ring, The Grudge, and waaayyyy back when, Child's Play, but I have never really been impressed or enjoyed them. I guess I am not a horror kind of guy.

However, I LOVED Silent Hill, but then again it didn't really have all those jump scenes and other nasty stuff. Its was more of a subtle horror film.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Domino
-

Member 1180

Level 28.87

Mar 2006

Old Oct 6, 2006, 02:57 PM Local time: Oct 6, 2006, 08:57 PM #5 of 8
Horror films don't really appeal to me. They just don't seem to scare me at all. I've seen quite a few horror films and just didn't enjoy them at all. Even the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre was pretty tame, as was The Exorcist. I'm going to give Hostel a try and see if this can improve my opinion of the Horror genre.

When I was young (8-10) I used to watch a programme that was all about paranormal sightings and activities(apparantly), and when I was at that age I would stay up to watch it, even though it would scare the crap outta me. I would have nightmares about this programme, and I always came back for more. This is the only thing on TV that I can think of that has scared me.

I think that the programme was called Strange but True.
If I was too watch it now, I would probably laugh at how stupid it was, but when I was young I didn't know any different.

I was speaking idiomatically.
WolfDemon
Grub Killer

Member 737

Level 27.82

Mar 2006

Old Oct 11, 2006, 02:38 AM Local time: Oct 10, 2006, 11:38 PM #6 of 8
I like horror movies that have characters that could be real, like Leatherface from Texas Chainsaw Massacre or that crazy Aussie from Wolf Creek. High Tension was pretty good too, but it got weird in the end when it was revealed that
Spoiler:
it was the blond lesbian chick the whole time.

Originally Posted by Domino
Even the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre was pretty tame
The original TCM didn't have near the amount of gore that today's movies have, but it didn't need it to be really scary. Let some crazy man wearing a human skin mask chase you through the woods at night with a chainsaw and tell me how tame it is. Also, there's the infamous dinner table scene where Sally realizes that
Spoiler:
all the meat on the table is composed of her friends.
Pretty disturbing stuff there.

How ya doing, buddy?
Living Legend
Chocobo

Member 124

Level 13.72

Mar 2006

Old Oct 11, 2006, 03:45 AM Local time: Oct 11, 2006, 12:45 AM #7 of 8
The only movie that I really enjoy that is a 'scary' movie would have to be Saw. I hate seeing people being tortured, it's just horrible even if it is just acting.

I get into that movie like crazy whenever I watch them, even if it is the 10th time just because I like the series that much. I can't wait until Halloween for the 3rd. From what I have seen, I am already going to hate it much because of how fucking painful it seems.

How ya doing, buddy?

Take this keycard, you can unlock the doors in the hall with this. Now GO!...JUST go!
A hero that lived long enough to see himself become the villain.
Antignition
Chocobo

Member 7743

Level 11.38

May 2006

Old Oct 11, 2006, 01:36 PM #8 of 8
I really expected this thread to be about Fidel Castro with that title.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > "Why won't he die!?"