Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Silent Hill movie

Cirno
⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨

Member 980

Level 30.09

Mar 2006

Old Apr 7, 2006, 02:49 PM Local time: Apr 7, 2006, 11:49 AM #251 of 608
Rose's daughter says that she has many names in the scene from the second trailer (the TV spot). So, like some of you have said before, there's a possibility that she might include "rebirth" or some shit.

I'm glad to see that the monsters still retain their "jerky/spastic" animations. The more I see of this movie the higher my expectations rise, which is kind if depressing. I like going into most everything with abysmally low expectations, so as to be better surprised.

Thanks for the link, Simo!

Most amazing jew boots
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Apr 7, 2006, 03:39 PM #252 of 608
I'm not a fan at all of the "I am the Reaper" trailer. It makes the movie look like a generic "distraught mother tries to find her creepy daughter" horror movie (and sadly, it could end up that way). Anyone who isn't knowledgable of Silent Hill won't be impressed from this commercial.

The other commercial, though, is a far better effort, and closer to the feel of the series. I especially like the last bit with Pyramid Head's great knife slicing through a door.

I'm still nervous about this movie, though. I'm truly hoping it can break both the bad videogame movie curse AND the bad horror movie curse. As nice as most of the trailers and commercials have been, I'm still hoping that we've only been given a small, almost misleading glimpse of the final movie's quality.

How long until the first reviews start coming in?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Syphex
Carob Nut

Member 726

Level 6.05

Mar 2006

Old Apr 7, 2006, 03:47 PM Local time: Apr 7, 2006, 01:47 PM #253 of 608
Quote:
I'm not a fan at all of the "I am the Reaper" trailer.
I am absolutely POSITIVE she said "I am the Rebirth" because I saw that trailer (or, perhaps another trailer--can't remember, but she definately said the line) in a commercial on TV. Her voice was quite clear.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Apr 7, 2006, 03:49 PM #254 of 608
I've seen the commercial plenty of times this week. I'm pretty positive it's Reaper, and I tried to force my ears into hearing "Rebirth". No such luck.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old Apr 7, 2006, 03:53 PM #255 of 608
There is no way you can convince me it's a CLEAR "rebirth."

There is absolutely no -th at the end of the word, and it's hard to tell whether she says "b" or "p."

Plus, why would they put it in the trailer unless it was a standard creepy phrase like "I am the reaper." It would make sense in the story to be "rebirth," but not to the average viewer who's just seeing the trailer.

FELIPE NO
avanent
heart eater

Member 1462

Level 19.73

Mar 2006

Old Apr 7, 2006, 05:18 PM Local time: Apr 8, 2006, 07:18 AM #256 of 608
the comerical snippet they're playing here is a bit different than the one online...

shes clearing saying reaper in it :/

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
FFXI - Asura - Brd :3
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Apr 7, 2006, 05:34 PM #257 of 608
Maybe it's part of a line, taken out of context. It could either be "I am the angel, I am the reaper" for instance, or it could be a splicing of the entire line, like "I am the giver of life, the reaper of souls."

It's a common practice in movie commercials.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old Apr 7, 2006, 05:40 PM Local time: Apr 7, 2006, 05:40 PM #258 of 608
It doesn't even sound like Rebirth. God it is not hard to hear. Anyways, disregarding that I can't wait to go see this on opening day. I haven't done that in a long long while.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
SketchTheArtist
"I did a 'Full-Cycle'."

Member 2373

Level 22.69

Mar 2006

Old Apr 7, 2006, 05:45 PM Local time: Apr 7, 2006, 07:45 PM #259 of 608
Yeah, I've watched it this afternoon and I came to the conclusion that this movie CANNOT fail. It has to, simply. Nothing seems overplayed, everything seems just right.

I like the fact that she just breaks down at one point, she just can't take anymore input but his still forced to continue, not by love, but by fear.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
makura
!

Member 337

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Apr 7, 2006, 07:56 PM Local time: Apr 7, 2006, 06:56 PM #260 of 608
Originally Posted by BZ
It doesn't even sound like Rebirth.
I agree with everyone else on it being "Reaper." All you have to do is read her lips. Get a mirror and pay attention to your lips when you say both words. See which matches her lips more..

Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old Apr 7, 2006, 08:01 PM #261 of 608
Originally Posted by Syphex
I am absolutely POSITIVE she said "I am the Rebirth" because I saw that trailer (or, perhaps another trailer--can't remember, but she definately said the line) in a commercial on TV. Her voice was quite clear.
Dude, look at her lips. That is a P she's making with her lips, not a B. If you don't believe me look at the mirror and say it. Furthermore there is no TH sound at the end of the word, which is audible and once again visible by her lips (her tongue does not touch her teeth.)

Inhert
The body may heal, the mind is not always so resilient.

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Apr 7, 2006, 09:08 PM #262 of 608
oh and who cares it's not one line that will convince everyone to not go see this movie >.>

Kaleb.G
Kaleb Grace

Member 13

Level 43.47

Feb 2006

Old Apr 7, 2006, 09:16 PM Local time: Apr 7, 2006, 06:16 PM #263 of 608
Seriously, you guys are nerds. One little cliche line isn't going to ruin the movie. That 10 minute clip I just watched is excellent. I think this will be a good film.

FELIPE NO
JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old Apr 7, 2006, 10:02 PM #264 of 608
Originally Posted by Kaleb.G
Seriously, you guys are nerds. One little cliche line isn't going to ruin the movie. That 10 minute clip I just watched is excellent. I think this will be a good film.
You are correct.

That 10 minute behind-the-scenes just blew me away.

I cannot see this movie being bad in any way. Perfection. It's what Sin City did for comics.

Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Apr 7, 2006, 10:08 PM #265 of 608
10 minute behind-the-scenes? When and where was that?

I probably won't watch it though, those previews tend to give too much of the movie away. I'm just going to wait until the first reviews pop up. But let it be known, if the reviews are favorable, I'm watching this within the first day or two that it's out. This is the ONLY movie in theaters that I care about at all this year.

JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old Apr 7, 2006, 10:10 PM #266 of 608
Originally Posted by SOLDIER
10 minute behind-the-scenes? When and where was that?

I probably won't watch it though, those previews tend to give too much of the movie away. I'm just going to wait until the first reviews pop up. But let it be known, if the reviews are favorable, I'm watching this within the first day or two that it's out. This is the ONLY movie in theaters that I care about at all this year.
It's just one page back in the thread.
http://uploadfile.putfile.com/videos/9607273976.wmv

You can watch it if you've played SH1. Essentially same story.

Only addition is pretty well known by now:
Spoiler:
Sean Bean's character visits SH but can't see/hear his wife or the bad versions of the town.

How ya doing, buddy?
Motsy
Everyday a new adventure

Member 369

Level 13.25

Mar 2006

Old Apr 7, 2006, 10:27 PM Local time: Apr 7, 2006, 07:27 PM #267 of 608
I'm just going to wait until the first reviews pop up. But let it be known, if the reviews are favorable, I'm watching this within the first day or two that it's out. This is the ONLY movie in theaters that I care about at all this year.
Then prepare to not see the movie on day one. Sony pulled all prescreenings, which means no reviews until at least opening day, possibly the day after.

And she very obviously says, "I am the REAPER." Stop fishing for a way to validate one cheesy line, people.

Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Apr 8, 2006, 01:45 AM #268 of 608
Oh no. Don't tell me it's going to be one of those "not screened in time for reviews" movies. That almost always spells instant doom. What the hell are they thinking?

Casaubon
Shocking

Member 539

Level 14.20

Mar 2006

Old Apr 8, 2006, 01:52 AM Local time: Apr 7, 2006, 11:52 PM #269 of 608
Who the hell listens to critics for horror movies anyways.

Simo
Just an old killer. Hired for some wet work

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Apr 8, 2006, 01:54 AM #270 of 608
Oh no. Don't tell me it's going to be one of those "not screened in time for reviews" movies. That almost always spells instant doom. What the hell are they thinking?
I'd imagine Gans is more concerned in finishing the film rather than screening an unfinished product to critics and the like. Besides, whatever happened to forming your own opinion rather than listening and going by somebody elses?

Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Apr 8, 2006, 02:46 AM #271 of 608
Honestly, I can't think of too many movies that decided to avoid an early review and still end up commercially successful. The recent Ultraviolet comes to mind.

Look at Batman Begins. I'm sure many people still had fears if the movie would be a success, but then came Roger Ebert's review where he praised the crap out of it.

If the movie really is top-quality, a film critic who's never heard of the series and has no real love for the horror genre should still be able to judge it without bias. Sin City got rave reviews, and I'm sure most of the critics never even read the book.

FELIPE NO
Faust 72
Blue Fedora, Orange Socks!!

Member 1129

Level 7.59

Mar 2006

Old Apr 8, 2006, 06:55 AM #272 of 608
This movie definitely won't be release in my country do to the censorship

jouhou
-

Member 400

Level 18.87

Mar 2006

Old Apr 8, 2006, 08:25 AM #273 of 608
Originally Posted by Kaleb.G
For me, I'm going to be a nerd about her name... It's Cheryl.. not Sharon... blah blah yadda yadda yadda wtf??.....
The name is Cheryl dumb jack ass producers!!

avanent
heart eater

Member 1462

Level 19.73

Mar 2006

Old Apr 8, 2006, 08:29 AM Local time: Apr 8, 2006, 10:29 PM #274 of 608
Who listens to the critics? I seem to disagree with them as much as I agree with them. If it looks like a good movie, go see it. Don't let some ass clown form your opinion for you.

Oh wow, that 10 min clip is amazing. I can't watch all of it, I want to save something till I see the movie.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
FFXI - Asura - Brd :3

Last edited by avanent; Apr 8, 2006 at 08:37 AM.
Motsy
Everyday a new adventure

Member 369

Level 13.25

Mar 2006

Old Apr 8, 2006, 02:56 PM Local time: Apr 8, 2006, 11:56 AM #275 of 608
Look at Batman Begins. I'm sure many people still had fears if the movie would be a success, but then came Roger Ebert's review where he praised the crap out of it.
Batman Begins' success was the result of positive word of mouth. It followed Pirates of the Caribbean's success formula: Started out slow, but once it started getting positive word of mouth, it flourished.

And Casaubon's right, don't even bother with critics. Horror movies almost never garner favorable reviews, and I expect Silent Hill will be no different.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > Silent Hill movie