Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Game Version?

GrimReaper
Bringer of Death

Member 880

Level 21.03

Mar 2006

Old Apr 5, 2006, 10:29 AM #1 of 6
Game Version?

How can you tell what version of a PC game you have? The one in question is Resident Evil 3. I can't find the version anywhere. I'm trying to find a trainer that works for the version I have but haven't had any luck so far. Any way to find out the game version? I've already looked in the read me files.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Death To You!!!
pofcorn
Because George Clooney, motherfucker

Member 574

Level 7.95

Mar 2006

Old Apr 5, 2006, 11:33 AM #2 of 6
You might want to take a look at the executable's properties. Just right-click on the .exe of the game and choose "Properties". Then, look through the "Version" tab and see what you can find out.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Kaiten
Everything new is old again

Member 613

Level 29.60

Mar 2006

Old Apr 5, 2006, 11:50 AM Local time: Apr 5, 2006, 09:50 AM #3 of 6
Try patching the game, if it works, you'll know what version it was bumped up to.

How ya doing, buddy?
Lukage
High Chocobo

Member 570

Level 40.69

Mar 2006

Old Apr 5, 2006, 01:05 PM Local time: Apr 5, 2006, 01:05 PM #4 of 6
In general, it differs from game to game. Most games though, will have a version printed in small numbers on the "Main Title" screen in the corner. The above suggestions are also possible.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
GrimReaper
Bringer of Death

Member 880

Level 21.03

Mar 2006

Old Apr 5, 2006, 01:12 PM #5 of 6
Thanks for all the input, guys! I'll try these options out when I get home. Never thought of patching the game. I'll try that first.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Death To You!!!
Snowknight
may carry parasites

Member 165

Level 22.05

Mar 2006

Old Apr 5, 2006, 04:56 PM #6 of 6
Originally Posted by pofcorn
You might want to take a look at the executable's properties. Just right-click on the .exe of the game and choose "Properties". Then, look through the "Version" tab and see what you can find out.
I second this suggestion; it normally works unless the game's patching method doesn't update the main executable.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > Game Version?